rastas4
rastas4

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationTweed/ Murwillumbah
  • Business Name:Border Hort & Property Solutions

Broadleaf Spray Potential 'stuff Up'

Okay, yesterdays scenario goes like this.

I have a couple of clients side by side on the Gold Coast Coast. One of them has a Buffalo lawn which I had by Son selectively spray with Buffalo Master while I did some work next door (including a high cut on the lawn that was not to be sprayed). The lawn consists of Couch, Carped & a little Buffalo grass also.

My Son thinking he would do the right thing (and without me knowing) had some of the mix left from the job next door and used it on the lawn where I had cut about half an hour prior. Again this was a high cut.

As he didn't let me know of this until last night (well after the fact), has anyone done this before and what were the consequences? I know it is a big no- no to spray within 3 to 4 days of a cut, and I'm just hoping that due to the fact we're not in peak growing season, that the grass won't take up a big dose of this stuff and, well, I don't even want to think about it!

The mix I made up was 10ml of Buffalo Master to 3 litres of water.

Thanks for any advice in advance!

Posted 20 May 2016 - 06:26 AM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Southside

I don't know the answer sorry but I've always used these guys for advice and chemicals. They have a branch in Brisbane:-

http://www.globegrow...x.cfm?page=home

Posted 20 May 2016 - 06:58 AM

Iand
Iand

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Mod
  • 654 posts

It may kill and destroy the lawn and nothing will ever grow there again but 99.9999% probability it won't  :)  i don't think it will make any noticeable difference to the grass just kill some of the weeds,i have sprayed sprayed lawns after mowing and not found it a problem so i wouldn't worry about it

Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:09 AM

Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against smile.png

john22
john22

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Northside

This won't be a problem at all, you can use it on any lawn besides Buffalo. Rest easy mate, if the lawn is affected I'll eat my hat.

Cheers

John ;)

Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:12 PM

rastas4
rastas4

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Thanks for that.

I knew that I could use the Buffalo Master on any Lawn, but due to the fact the lawn was cut half an hour before, I am concerned about it affecting the grass also.

Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:36 PM

john22
john22

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

You'd think so so I can see your worry, the herbicide is absorbed through the leaf. The cut from the mower blade is not a problem.

Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:49 PM

rastas4
rastas4

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

I hope it's all good.

I live on acreage and have a heap of mixed couch, Kikuyu and Carpet Grass around the place. So today I mowed an area around 2x 2 metres the same height as yesterday (7 on the Honda), and applied the Buffalo Master at the same rate as my Son did yesterday about 1/2 hour later.

A little experiment to see if there are any 'ill effects!

Here's hoping not!!

Cheers

Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:55 PM

john22
john22

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Me too!, otherwise I'll be eating my hat lol. But good idea trying it at home.

Posted 20 May 2016 - 06:19 PM

markp
markp

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Its not a big no no to spray after mowing. Who ever told you that is wrong. The reason for not spraying for weeds after mowing is because you have just removed most of the weed leaves,and as john said the chemical is absorbed through the leaf. If it was mixed at the correct rate you have nothing to worry about.

I  hope you didnt blast your son for doing that, shows initiative..

Posted 20 May 2016 - 07:39 PM

Dan Clynk
Dan Clynk

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationCamillo WA
  • Business Name:Colonel's Mowing

You won't have a problem. :)
Posted 21 May 2016 - 07:12 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales