albyrussell
albyrussell

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts
  • Business Name:Wychwoods Lawn Mowing & Garden Care

Recent Start Up

Hi guys,

My last post was back in July 2016 and things have changed quite a bit.  Firstly my quoting is improving although my wife is far better at it than I am.  Secondly, some serious upgrade in equipment.   Bought a Gravely 21 inch commercial self propelled mower in August last year.   Heavy as hell and difficult to manoeuvre in small areas.  Yesterday I traded the Gravely on the top of the range Honda HRU 216.  Such a difference, lighter, easier to handle, better design, no cut out of motor when you removed the catcher and so on.  Picked up a Hustler 54 inch Zero Turn about 3 months back....what a beast!  Awesome machine.   Trying or get hold of a used Hustler 36 inch Zero Turn now.   Bought a second Stihl Whipper Snipper FS250, great machine.   My trailer is fantastic but I would really like a cage built across the draw bar to house the mower and give me more room in the rear.  Anyway, other than the equipment, I've lost about 10 kilograms of weight.  A good thing really but I come home knackered sometimes.  Currently have about 60 regulars established in 8 months of starting...not bad I think.  Great also to be doing clients that have acreage properties.  Far more fun and interested than mowing your basic front and back lawn.   Next piece of equipment?  So need a Stihl Polesaw.  Until then...just keep dreaming! 

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:01 PM

Mick
Mick

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Business Name:M&D Landscaping And Lawns

Recent Start Up

Have a look at parkland gear very happy with the ride on  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 09:15 PM

Quentin
Quentin

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBertram WA
  • Business Name:Quentin's lawn mowing & handyman services

Recent Start Up

Hi guys all I can say is it great to have this forum to discuss our new start ups.

Posted 11 June 2017 - 05:42 AM

Cameron
Cameron

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationBribie Island, Qld
  • Business Name:Cameron's Lawn Care

Recent Start Up

I've just started, got 2 customers so far and a couple of yard clean ups. Very encouraging to know I might actually make a living sooner rather than later.

Thanks for sharing.

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:37 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales