Lawn Mowing Business
How To Start A Lawn Mowing Business
LAWN CLUB
the independent aussie lawn and
garden contractors community
welcoming all lawn and garden contractors and industry suppliers
Photo

Hrx217 Thread - Tips, Spares, Maintenance, Operation.

• Please log in to reply
326 replies to this topic
crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Southside

Honestly I've never adjusted them in over 30 years using Hondas - which is not to say it's not a good idea - only thing I've read with the GC series engines is to be careful torquing up the pressed metal rocker cover when you're done as they can warp - and to have a new gasket in stock.

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:59 PM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS
  • Business Name:Grasshoppers

Broke the left hand rear axle, again. I think ive broken it 3 times. Lucky it happened yesterday just as i finished a job and when i took it to the shop my MM had arrived so i was able to use that for the rest of the day rather than a push mower.

Anyone else had problems with the axles?

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:54 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Nothing so far Luck - touch wood - I've been thinking lately how reliable she's been - it's been my daily mower for many months now - I only take the Honda 196 if it's been raining and I need to catch - been thinking I should buy another one for this summer and put her on Gumtree.

What's broken exactly? - is it the bit inside the rear wheel (I don't really know what I'm talking about here as I've never pulled one apart)

Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:37 PM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS

Nothing so far Luck - touch wood - I've been thinking lately how reliable she's been - it's been my daily mower for many months now - I only take the Honda 196 if it's been raining and I need to catch - been thinking I should buy another one for this summer and put her on Gumtree.

What's broken exactly? - is it the bit inside the rear wheel (I don't really know what I'm talking about here as I've never pulled one apart)

Its the bit the wheel nut bolts into. It could be the way I treat it or just a dodgy rear carrier. A new carrier has been put in so I hope that fixes it (its been welded previously). I love the mower but I do ask of it what its not built for.

I forgot how good 2 wheel drive was untill the last couple days with 1 wheel drive

Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:05 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Its the bit the wheel nut bolts into. It could be the way I treat it or just a dodgy rear carrier. A new carrier has been put in so I hope that fixes it (its been welded previously). I love the mower but I do ask of it what its not built for.

I forgot how good 2 wheel drive was untill the last couple days with 1 wheel drive

When you say 1 wheel drive - how does that work on the Mulchmaster? - I thought it had an axle that ran from one side to the other through a gearbox?

Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:51 PM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS

When you say 1 wheel drive - how does that work on the Mulchmaster? - I thought it had an axle that ran from one side to the other through a gearbox?

When the Right wheel starts spinning the left stops. No idea on the mechanics of it, maybe similar to a single spinner on an older car??

HRX both wheels always drive.

Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:53 AM

john22
john22

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Mod
  • 1,044 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Northside

Ok the carby in my 197 started hunting and backfiring flames. Pulled it down and clean all the shitty jets but it ran like a dog still. I was going to get a replacement carby from China but I noticed the gaskets were swollen and leaking. Replaced them and it runs like new. I only use it as a last resort so it’s only done 30 hours in 5 years. The carby is still a $hit of a thing nowhere near as reliable as the 216.
Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:27 AM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales