Lawn Mowing Business
How To Start A Lawn Mowing Business
LAWN CLUB
the independent aussie lawn and
garden contractors community
welcoming all lawn and garden contractors and industry suppliers
Photo

Has Anyone Used Fb As Major Marketing Vehicle?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic
Silverlane
Silverlane

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Business Name:Silverlane

A friend has been insisting that I use FB to promote my landscape business. Personally, I rarely use it and I imagine it's going to be a big effort for me. But I realize that if I have to use it to grow my business, I can probably look into it. 

So has anyone used FB paid/free for advertising campaign? How much time do you spend on it? And how did it work like what's the ROI?

Thanks!

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:19 PM

Greenbean
Greenbean

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

I use it and have paid to "boost" some of my posts (which apparently gets out to a wider community). You can dictate your budget and how long you want your advertising to run for. I've paid $7 for a week on half a dozen occasions and haven't seen any work out of it. 

I also promote my page on some of the local community pages (ie share my link) and get the odd inquiry/job that way.

Not sure its worth it sometimes, but to be honest once its set up it doesn't require a whole lot of maintenance and people like that stuff these days.

Also had one client say she chose me over others because I had a FB page and a website (which i hardly maintain either)

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:50 PM

Silverlane
Silverlane

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

I use it and have paid to "boost" some of my posts (which apparently gets out to a wider community). You can dictate your budget and how long you want your advertising to run for. I've paid $7 for a week on half a dozen occasions and haven't seen any work out of it. 

I also promote my page on some of the local community pages (ie share my link) and get the odd inquiry/job that way.

Not sure its worth it sometimes, but to be honest once its set up it doesn't require a whole lot of maintenance and people like that stuff these days.

Also had one client say she chose me over others because I had a FB page and a website (which i hardly maintain either)

Thanks for your input. That gave me a rough idea whether I pay or use FB for free.

I guess that client who chose you because of your FB page is on FB most of the time. One thing I learned about marketing is to make sure that you are everywhere and accessible on any medium available.  

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:02 PM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS
  • Business Name:Grasshoppers

I have a FB page. It does not get updated very often and I dont use it like I should be using it.

Social media advertising can be very beneficial if you concentrate on it and free.

I dont run a website so its handy for me as if a client loses my number or someone remembers my name and not my Number they can google me and my Face Book page pops up.

Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:36 AM

Cuttin
Cuttin

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationHervey Bay Qld
  • Business Name:Cuttin it Close Lawn Mowing

i reckon 70% of my business comes from the buy swap and sell site on facebook in our local area 

Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:43 AM

Silverlane
Silverlane

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

i reckon 70% of my business comes from the buy swap and sell site on facebook in our local area 

That's good to hear!

Thanks, guys!

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:51 PM

Dan Clynk
Dan Clynk

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationCamillo WA
  • Business Name:Colonel's Mowing

I wouldn't say i get heaps of work out of it. I use it mainly to show the types of jobs I do, the over grown ones are very popular as they can see the big difference. 

Also nice when customers leave a review :) 

It's free so you midas well have one.

Dan

Posted 04 November 2016 - 07:32 AM

zippy one
zippy one

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationNorth West of Brisbane
  • Business Name:Chris's Leaves and Lawns

might look into it too one day.Does not seem overly expensive.I am afraid I am 'limited' when it comes to this type of think.

Worth the OP doing and getting up and running. I did somehow pick up a very good client last month who somehow saw my FB garden business page-earned over 2K from that job alone-so yeah-worth the $7 per week or day fee- even if its just a week here and there.

Posted 05 November 2016 - 01:42 PM

john22
john22

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Mod
  • 1,008 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Northside

Is anyone using Facebook for the paid advertising?, I dont want to use it but am curious of the benefits and pitfalls.

Cheers

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:27 PM

Steve35
Steve35

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

I started a small promotion tonight, will keep you posted on how I go. Seems like it works, got an enquiry within 30 mins!

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:42 PM

spongy buffalo
spongy buffalo

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

I started a small promotion tonight, will keep you posted on how I go. Seems like it works, got an enquiry within 30 mins!

How's it going? I'm thinking of doing the same
Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:53 PM

Steve35
Steve35

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Well I spent $63 and have got 3 jobs worth $120 in a month.  Bearing in mind I started from scratch, no friends and no likes.  Also it's winter and very dry.  Overall so far I think it could really take off and over time be very a profitable and cheap form of advertising in a small targeted area, great for a small business. I get all of my work from my website and I am not too concerned about pursuing the Facebook strategy seriously but definately would reccomend it and I will keep my page going out of interest.

Posted 26 August 2017 - 09:16 PM

Macka
Macka

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Is anyone using Facebook for the paid advertising?, I dont want to use it but am curious of the benefits and pitfalls.

Cheers

yes used it, 3 months paid about $50 a month, worked really well for awareness.  i picked my area 2km radius and only sent it to locals.  its not the work you get out of it it the it the bran awareness,  i don't even quote FB requests ignore them to many tyre kickers i dont need to chase that, my FB page has a phone number serious clients will ring and they are the one that money isn't a issue they want the right person.

Posted 27 August 2017 - 11:01 PM

spongy buffalo
spongy buffalo

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

im in the middle of 2 weeks at us$5 a day, aimed at women over 40, so far my page views have apparently gone up but no actual calls yet. 

ive been drilling the local community group on their 1 advertising day each week all through winter, trying to be a bit funny and topical rather than the plain ads. aiming at hedges and clean ups mainly. i never used to get much but lately its been getting me a half or 1 day job each week plus a few lawns here and there.

i believe in the marketing theory that people have to see your ad up to 8 times before they recognize the brand. so keep pumping the same message and it will sink in eventually.

Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:07 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales