21 replies to this topic
footprint
footprint

Advanced Member

• Industry Supplier
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Ego 56V Power+52Cm Self Propelled Cordless Lawn Mower Lm2102E-Sp

Check out the new Ego 56v 52cm self propelled cordless lawnmower! !

Posted 19 November 2016 - 03:23 PM

footprint
footprint

Advanced Member

• Industry Supplier
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Very impressed so far !!
Posted 19 November 2016 - 04:54 PM

nathnsarah
nathnsarah

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Looks pretty impressive, Certainly not ideal for me but very interested in one for my folks. Whats the rrp for one of the bad boys plus battery , Cheers Nath

Posted 19 November 2016 - 06:41 PM

footprint
footprint

Advanced Member

• Industry Supplier
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Looks pretty impressive, Certainly not ideal for me but very interested in one for my folks. Whats the rrp for one of the bad boys plus battery , Cheers Nath

I believe its $999 which includes fast charger and 7.5amp battery! ! Why would you say its not for you??
Posted 19 November 2016 - 07:07 PM

nathnsarah
nathnsarah

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

I believe its $999 which includes fast charger and 7.5amp battery! ! Why would you say its not for you??

Cheers, I say its not ideal for me as i have bought a new hru216 and a honda heritage within the last 3 months. I can't really justify another mower at the moment. Cheers

Posted 19 November 2016 - 07:39 PM

footprint
footprint

Advanced Member

• Industry Supplier
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

No worries! ! Maybe next time?
Posted 19 November 2016 - 08:39 PM

Derwent
Derwent

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Business Name:Milligan Gardens

Nice....
Can't wait for them to be available in southern Tas
Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:56 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,101 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Nice....
Can't wait for them to be available in southern Tas

Or Northern Territory 

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:16 PM

footprint
footprint

Advanced Member

• Industry Supplier
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

[quote name="Derwent" post="12182" timestamp="1479696994"]Nice....
Can't wait for them to be available in southern Tas[/quote]  [quote name="drewebb" post="12183" timestamp="1479698200"]Or Northern Territory
[/quote

Thats a bummer!! Hopefully they will be expanding across the country or maybe you can find them on ebay with free shipping! !
Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:42 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,101 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Nil for ebay. Sent Ego an email, their reply ''Trade Tools do have an online shop if this helps ''  my reply '' Thanks Guys but freight costs add too much to goods.'' (Trade Tools is in Qld.) The line Trimmer was $75 Mower $197.84

Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:50 PM

footprint
footprint

Advanced Member

• Industry Supplier
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Nil for ebay. Sent Ego an email, their reply ''Trade Tools do have an online shop if this helps ''  my reply '' [/size]Thanks Guys but freight costs add too much to goods.'' (Trade Tools is in Qld.) The line Trimmer was $75 Mower $197.84

Yeah thats way to much!! Let me know it thats all you want ( line trimmer/ mower) and i will contact them directly and see if i can do anything!! Im guessing he may not be keen due to warranty issues as it will cost them to have it shipped back if you have any issues.
Posted 21 November 2016 - 04:10 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,101 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Thanks Footprint.At this stage i,d settle for trimmer.( i will use that whereas mower isnt really required right now as i have a HRX,30'' Timemaster , Rover Pro 50 and a Deutscher :) ) When Masters were alive their frt was nearly double.

Posted 21 November 2016 - 04:22 PM

Derwent
Derwent

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

There is one dealer in all of Tassie and its up the other end of the state.

I'm about to replace my petrol hedge trimmer and chainsaw with lithium and tossing up between AEG or EGO.
AEG I've got five batteries and three chargers....but the EGO stuff looks good and good price.
Can't quite justify buying the EGO mower as well but that might come soon.
I'm on my third AEG mower, both of the others have been returned and replaced with new after the handles have failed.......one of them fatigue cracked in half and the other was showing the early signs when the lock handle fell apart.
Less than three months on either...
I'll keep swapping them for new ones as long as they keep breaking...they'll get the message eventually and redesign the handles!
But a backup electric mower would be nice...
Posted 21 November 2016 - 08:34 PM

Derwent
Derwent

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

I'm not even thinking about the EGO trimmer......spinning backwards would drive me mad!
Posted 21 November 2016 - 08:35 PM

footprint
footprint

Advanced Member

• Industry Supplier
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

[quote name="Derwent" post="12202" timestamp="1479724496"]There is one dealer in all of Tassie and its up the other end of the state.
I'm about to replace my petrol hedge trimmer and chainsaw with lithium and tossing up between AEG or EGO.
AEG I've got five batteries and three chargers....but the EGO stuff looks good and good price.
Can't quite justify buying the EGO mower as well but that might come soon.
I'm on my third AEG mower, both of the others have been returned and replaced with new after the handles have failed.......one of them fatigue cracked in half and the other was showing the early signs when the lock handle fell apart.
Less than three months on either...
I'll keep swapping them for new ones as long as they keep breaking...they'll get the message eventually and redesign the handles!
But a backup electric mower would be nice...[/quote

If you ever get up to Sydney i have the 21 inch echo that takes aeg batteries that i wont be needing!! Thats crap that handles have been breaking, and a 6 year warranty lol
Posted 21 November 2016 - 08:42 PM

martin89
martin89

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Locationtamworth
  • Business Name:Martins Gardening Service

Hey footprint. so you reckon this is one of the better ones on the market at this stage?? compared to the husqy or aeg?

Posted 22 November 2016 - 07:53 AM

footprint
footprint

Advanced Member

• Industry Supplier
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Hey footprint. so you reckon this is one of the better ones on the market at this stage?? compared to the husqy or aeg?

Ive have only used it twice ,but so far so good. The biggest problem with cordless mowers is that they are designed for cutting grass at a much longer lenght than we cut ours and there grasses are clumping not running like ours! Which means most of them have drag issues! I haven't used Aeg ,but it sounds like derwent has had issues with his and handles breaking on three! The Ego has a slight drag issue when cutting but can be rectified by cutting off plastic fins underneath mower. Husky is a great mower with alloy deck but has a much smaller cut but is great for little carry in jobs!! All that being said i would say if you want a quality large cut cordless mower this would be your best bet!Plus you get a 7.5amp battery and fast charger for $999. The kobalt has a good motor and cut once i modified it!( which is similar to 80/82v victa models which are re badge Greenworks )
Posted 22 November 2016 - 06:55 PM

Derwent
Derwent

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

21 inch cut is a biggie.
As is self propelled.

I've only broken two handles...and to be fair the second one was the handle lock falling apart, although there was some elongation of the holes already. The lower handle is definitely a weak point, and I've been in touch with them about it already.

6 years trade warranty is the big plus on the AEG, big downside is 18"

AEG has plenty of grunt. New Victa has the same power. Haven't seen specs for power on Ego.

If warranty is no issue, price is a bit of a difference.

Victa near enough to $800 with charger and two 82v 2Ah batteries.
Ego is $999 with charger and one 7.5Ah battery.
AEG is $599 as a skin, plus $299 for 4Ah 58v battery and charger. Extra batteries $269 each.

I run 5 batteries and 3 chargers.

If I had dealers nearby I'd be looking closely at Victa, but probably go Ego. 6 year warranty is a bloody big selling point for AEG though.
In 4 months of using the mower, blower and trimmer I've had one mower handle break in half, one mower handle lock fall apart with signs of damage to the handle, wheels noticeable extra play, one trimmer randomly stop running which was probably a one off electrical fault, and two batteries refuse to charge.
All were replaced straight away but I'm a little concerned that any of them needed to.
Still, I've got six years of being able to break it and get it fixed or replaced......so that's what I'll do!
The AEG power unit is great, but I'm underwhelmed with the chassis. Pro grade motor, cheap consumer base.
Trimmer is great but I hate the head. Easy to adapt it to run Husky heads though...

For a pro, I'd say the AEG mower Mk1 isn't ready. When they sort the crappy chassis it will be good. Echo versions looks much better...21" composite deck built pretty well.
The AEG other stuff is fine. They just borked a good mower by putting a crappy chassis on it.

ALL of the cordless mowers have the blades set too high...

I'd love to get the new EGO as my primary mower...but I'm reluctant to drop a grand sight unseen. Also shipping is expensive.
Posted 22 November 2016 - 08:22 PM

Derwent
Derwent

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Footprint, I've sent you a message re Echo....
Posted 22 November 2016 - 08:25 PM

footprint
footprint

Advanced Member

• Industry Supplier
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Sounds like aeg garden range may send the broke!! Lol i have 3 echo batteries and one aeg and touch wood i haven't had a drama, but really dont get much use now as i havethe new ego, only ues echo with my edger attachment or when the other truck needs a mower! If you cant get ego is tassy id get the victoa 82volt as they havea great motor only draw back is needs cutting deck mods and they chew through the batteries when cutting long grass!!
Posted 27 November 2016 - 10:58 AM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales