Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationLismore Nsw
  • Business Name:Matthew's Lawn Care

Anyone Good With Logos?

hey all,

will be running under my own name as a sole trader from now on ( cause i made a mistake when setting everything up and found out i could have got in trouble for not registering a business name woops )  

i have a idea for a logo i want, however am dreadfull with computer images and what not

anyone any good able to lend a hand??  looking for this in a dark green and not as dodgey as my shonky artwork :P

top is  - Lawn care

mid is - Matthew Rawson

bottom is - and cleaning

15267695_362246707463739_267696140001106

Posted 01 December 2016 - 06:52 PM

Trevc
Trevc

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Business Name:Groundworks Property Care

Anyone Good With Logos?

Matt
You don't have to have your own name in your business name even if a sole trader.
Depending on how you market your business, I'd think something along the lines of 'Lismore Lawns and Cleaning' would have more appeal.

And to be blunt, Logo looks crap. If you are going to go to the the trouble invest some money in your business and get an online mob to do something for around $50.

Trev
Posted 01 December 2016 - 10:49 PM

formally just lawns
formally just lawns

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationLismore Nsw
  • Business Name:Matthew's Lawn Care

Anyone Good With Logos?

Matt
You don't have to have your own name in your business name even if a sole trader.
Depending on how you market your business, I'd think something along the lines of 'Lismore Lawns and Cleaning' would have more appeal.

And to be blunt, Logo looks crap. If you are going to go to the the trouble invest some money in your business and get an online mob to do something for around $50.

Trev

I always appreciate bluntness mate :D

i do like your name suggestion,   any recomandations for online places that make them?

with online places do they just make one and you have to accept it or do they give you a couple options?

Posted 02 December 2016 - 12:20 AM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS
  • Business Name:Grasshoppers

Anyone Good With Logos?

as stated above you do not need to have a registered Business name. 

My business name is Grasshoppers...its not a registered name and im also a sole trader.

Posted 02 December 2016 - 06:30 AM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationDarwin
  • Business Name:Drews Lawns

Anyone Good With Logos?

My ABN is me (Drew Webb ) I use Drews Lawns most of the time. It,s not a bad idea to have your name up front.

Can i speak to Matthew not can i speak to Lismore. Who,s doing the work Matthew or Lismore ?  :)

Posted 02 December 2016 - 06:54 AM

Dale's Mowing
Dale's Mowing

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationRedcliffe, Queensland
  • Business Name:Dale's Mowing

Anyone Good With Logos?

Like Drew, my ABN is under my own name (Dale Porter), but I am trading as Dale's Mowing.

I decided to register my business name just to give me some backup if someone else decided to start using that business name. But it's a personal choice.

I did create my own logo (with the help of the other half) using Microsoft Publisher, but it was a simple idea and didn't take long....

Attached File  Logo2_edited2.jpg   97.31KB   0 downloads

Posted 02 December 2016 - 05:47 PM

Derwent
Derwent

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Business Name:Milligan Gardens

Anyone Good With Logos?

https://smallstuffpromo.wordpress.com/
Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:25 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales