8 replies to this topic
terry36887
terry36887

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Specific Software

Hi everyone,

So our business is expanding more and more each day. We are looking at a different accounting package. Specifically, we are after a package which does the following:

A computer based app at the office

Linked to an android app

The job list is created at the office (by the wife)

I pick up the job on my mobile, attend and do the job

When finished I hit complete on my mobile

It automatically generates the invoice ready to print/email to the client

Built in to the package would be handy to have scheduling for the next lawn servicing say a fortnight down the track and it automatically reminds us.

Am i asking to much for this type of package. I looked at Xero and keep it easy, but it doesnt let you look fully at all the features without joining up.

Thanks people!

Posted 30 December 2016 - 12:01 PM

Shooter
Shooter

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationAdelaide SA

Specific Software

Hi Terry,

I have been using Keep it easy for over 5 years now and have always sworn by it, however since there recent migration to being a cloud based software I have found it increasingly frustrating with bugs and errors which didn't happen with the old desk top version.

I have been searching in vain for a better alternative but have yet to find one that doesn't cost the earth or has all the features of KIE.

Keep it easy does offer a 30 day free trial but the catch is (as per all these cloud based software) if or when you leave you loose your data.

The guy's at Keep it easy swear that I am the only one having the problems and it mainly due to my familiarity with the old version, I naturally don't necessarily agree.

I hope this helps

Regards

Shooter

Posted 30 December 2016 - 01:35 PM

bellarinelawns
bellarinelawns

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Business Name:premier mowing and home service

Specific Software

I would love a calender that allows me to repeat at 3 week intervals.
Posted 30 December 2016 - 05:33 PM

Grae
Grae

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • LocationSeaford, Victoria
  • Business Name:secret

Specific Software

iCal (apple), just select repeat and chose custom, others will be the same.

Example:

Attached File  lawnclub cal.jpg   26.92KB   0 downloads

Posted 30 December 2016 - 06:51 PM

we are going battery power, but taking baby steps

CGAHS
CGAHS

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationCurrarong NSW

Specific Software

been using KIE for years....not going to the cloud system though, I'll stick with what l know (also got it for a one-off lifetime fee :) )

Posted 30 December 2016 - 07:28 PM

Shooter
Shooter

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationAdelaide SA

Specific Software

I would still use desk top version except it developed a bug last august and they no longer support the old version so your lucky if yours is still working.

Posted 31 December 2016 - 09:33 AM

Doolie
Doolie

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
  • Business Name:Grass Concepts

Specific Software

Hi Guys, I have been using the old Keep IT Easy program, and switched to the cloud.. To be honest I had more issues with the old version, mine runs fine (in saying that I have had a few small issues, but the service they provided was better than any one else i have tried (i trialed a few others before moving to the cloud due to not being able to "just transfer my data" but still came back.

I was a user of the very old version and I remember when the old owner released it. It was a total pain and had heaps of issues for a long time after we bought it (about $400.00). I expected some again in the new version and there were a few but It was a BIG learning curve, the cloud version is very different to the old one, but thats cloud stuff. We also use MYOB cloud for my wife business and that still has some bugs. BUT the service between the 2 Keep it easy stands out by far. You can call them and they helped me every time i had a question...

But thats my experience.

Posted 02 January 2017 - 09:55 PM

ELMaintenance
ELMaintenance

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationAdelaide.
  • Business Name:Executive Lawn Maintenance

Specific Software

I'm Using Square Payment's everything is taken care of Invoices and everything like that you send it too there E-Mail and then after the job is done they click on the link and the funds are normally in my account the next business day!... as for the software side of things , i was using a program called Jobber! ( For Lawn Mowing Small Businesses ) . 

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:57 PM

Derwent
Derwent

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Business Name:Milligan Gardens

Specific Software

I use Quickbooks for customer lists, expenses and accounting, invoices and receipts etc.

I use Planner Pads for planning and scheduling which will sync to google calendar which itself will sync to iCal so anything I put on planner pads shows up on my android phone, iPad, and Mac.
Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:18 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales