crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,206 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Southside

Mowing Wet Lawn

Hi everyone,

Wanna I want to know about lawn mowing. Can anyone clear me about this?

Steve doesn't seem to have English as a first language - possible mixup in profile photo.

Posted 29 March 2018 - 04:39 PM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS
  • Business Name:Grasshoppers

Mowing Wet Lawn

This joint going backwards or what  ?

Cheers Fred.

Yes.

Even the internet search for Lawn club is not as high a priority as it was. (on Bing anyway) Not sure what the G-O is with the new owners...Maybe Drew should buy the site?

Posted 30 March 2018 - 04:07 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationDarwin
  • Business Name:Drews Lawns

Mowing Wet Lawn

Cool!! ive got a spare 20c, bout all i,d pay and yes Fred is right.  :)

Posted 30 March 2018 - 04:17 PM

scorpNZ
scorpNZ

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationNZ
  • Business Name:CDL

Mowing Wet Lawn

Is John still around ? How many lawns of that size a week do you do & have you upgraded to a wider mower or a zero turn ride-on

As for you lot scalping.Your not the only ones.Majority of people in NZ want scalp as well.It's bloody ridiculous.Then they complain about daisies coming up the next day (Ya think !),can't understand why that would be lmao .Most lawns in Auckland are kikuyu.Pitty it ain't all buffalo grass,it'd make my job easier

Posted 31 March 2018 - 05:11 AM

steveturner
steveturner

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Business Name:lawnyard

Mowing Wet Lawn

Wanna I want ....who do the what now...

Thanks for making me clear on the topic LOL.  :P

Posted 05 April 2018 - 05:30 PM

k1w1
k1w1

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts
  • Business Name:MoaMan

Mowing Wet Lawn

Have you guys seen/heard of the Testarossa. Used by a lot of contractors in the South Island (NZ).

They have a fan above the blades which helps push clippings into the large plastic catcher they work well in the wet (some even use them in the rain). Normally buy the body (aprox $400) separately and bolt on what motor you want (little honda like GSV190 is most popular or suzuki two stroke). Down side plastic body last aprox 1year till it cracks or twists. Stone can blow hole thru sides and axels can break

here is the blurb.

"Testarossa mowers are the choice of professionals. Used by lawnmowing contracting all over New Zealand every day. Testarossa mowers are made in Italy by Global Garden Products (GGP) who are the largest outdoor power equipment manufacturers in Europe and produce the Castel Garden range of ride on mowers. Testarossa mowers are made with an ABS plastic chassis, very light weight and will leave a beutiful bowling green type finish on your lawn."

https://sesdirect.co...JBoCp3sQAvD_BwE

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:16 AM

scorpNZ
scorpNZ

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationNZ
  • Business Name:CDL

Mowing Wet Lawn

There was one or 2 many years ago that used them however nobody in the last 20 years that i've seen have here in auckland (where the most contractors are) just by sheer size of populace..The ones i did see in the shop were pretty beat up & to be honest looked pathetic.They're not a strong body nor are the handle attach's any good.They use a bar blade which imo is no good for a contractor.Catch wet grass ? those claims are made by adhearing to the specs of 1/3 of the grass is to be cut.However you know dam well customers want scalping all year round so that rule goes out the window..The most popular mower that was 18" push when i was working in the mower shop 20 years ago was the the red rover 18" & was used by many contractors.The ally the rovers used i assume had more silicone in it than the masport as it seemed to be quite pliable i.e not as brittle as the masport

That's what you should be looking at is what other contractors are using in the push range,you could ask a mower shop however you have to keep in mind they don't use them on a daily basis only work on them so they can only either tell you what they think or perhaps what may have been mentioned by a contractor.

Posted 16 May 2018 - 04:58 PM

masterTommy
masterTommy

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Mowing Wet Lawn

I dont work when the lawns are to wet.

Me too. I agree that it's best to wait until the lawns are more dry. You will spend a lot of time cleaning up your mower. So, why to do extra work? But I also agree that much depends on the model of your mower:

My mower catches wet grass no worries is as clean as if dry.  depends on your mower,

I think it directly depends on the power of mower and quality of its blades. As for me, currently I'm using Bosch Rotak 32 and I tried several times to mow a wet lawn. So, it was easy enough. You can also watch this video. Maybe it will help you:

https://www.youtube....h?v=dPUmze6Mfg8

Posted 18 May 2018 - 10:47 PM

Rory
Rory

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
  • Business Name:Firefly Lawns & Gardens

Mowing Wet Lawn

My biggest issue with mowing in the wet is leaving furrows from the wheels. Im using a Rover Pro Cut 720, hell of a lot lighter than my old HRU216 and Pro Cut 50 so i get a bit more done but im not playing that game this season. More than 3mm forecast and im in front of the TV on the couch hahaha. (jokes) 

:D

Posted 23 May 2018 - 01:48 AM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,206 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Southside

Mowing Wet Lawn

Reported

Posted 26 May 2018 - 12:28 PM

Colsy
Colsy

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • LocationWestern Suburbs, Melbourne

Mowing Wet Lawn

He's back! lol

Posted 26 May 2018 - 03:14 PM

steveturner
steveturner

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Business Name:lawnyard

Mowing Wet Lawn

Thanks for all. I get a perfect lawnmower, and I cut my lawn very quickly. I really satisfied with working this garden tools.

Posted 11 June 2018 - 06:23 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales