drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Mulch Mower/victa Mulchmaster

Well spotted Drew!! - this is a bit of a game changer.

But what does it mean Watson ?

Posted 15 September 2018 - 10:38 AM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,921 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS
  • Business Name:Grasshoppers

The stop brace you mention is it a round steel bar & maybe 5mm thick on the right side, that the clutch cable appears to attach to a plate which i assume is out of screenshot ? (in a yt vid i just watched) .I also assume the round stop brace rests against the handle

Apart from welding a brace or a gusset assuming you have access to a welder

Perhaps some padding of medium hardness foam or something that can act as a damper a compression spring would be ideal lol

A spring that is strong enough to hold the clutch handle against the stop (attached permanently in one place but can be unhitched at the other end to allow use of the clutch when mowing) even a bungie would do it, not exactly elegant however if it works who cares. Actually the bungie could be used to just while traveling. Wrap enough of the bungee so there's tension on the clutch bar due to return spring on the idler bracket but enough tension on the bunjee to hold the clutch off the handle

That's all i got at short notice

Yep that's the one. I might do that with the bungee or thick elastic band. Cheers for the thought!

Posted 15 September 2018 - 01:10 PM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,921 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS
  • Business Name:Grasshoppers

Damnit. I broke the stop bar trying to bend it back. Drive cable broke today to. Learnt my lesson- Never mow lawns on a Sunday.

Posted 16 September 2018 - 02:43 PM

scorpNZ
scorpNZ

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationNZ
  • Business Name:CDL

Dam ! how'd i do that ? i had no idea it was possible to pass the punishment on i.e no good deed goes unpunished

Posted 17 September 2018 - 04:28 AM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales