4 replies to this topic
TXL
TXL

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

A Big Player Coming To Australia

Amazon

I have spent many dollars over the years buying various products online mainly ebay,now we have one of the big boys coming to Australia starting in Sept.

I have purchased through them before and being sent from the U.S.but now the service will be much faster where they will offer major city deliveries in one hour.

With spending over a 1k with them on various products that no one else can supply the biggest downfall was delivery prices which is about to change.With so many products seen on home depot,wal-mart and lowe's just to mention a few we will be using products that most didn't know they existed.

Now finally Australian retailers are going to be taught a lesson on what customer service is all about.

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:53 AM

formally just lawns
formally just lawns

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationLismore Nsw
  • Business Name:Matthew's Lawn Care

do they sell lawn care related items?

if not i cant see what this is in a lawn forums  ;)

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:56 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Southside

Yeah, bring it on - I've bought a LOT on eBay - wanted to buy various items on Amazon but found they often didn't ship to OZ - OZ businesses will have to adapt to the new order - starting with click and collect I guess

There's a few companies that just have nailed the mechanics of doing business online - I'm thinking Amazon, Book Depository, iHerb, Uber, eBay, Dominos - when they get it right the traditional bricks and mortar retailers who haven't adapted just can't compete - I buy online for preference now - so often I go to Bunnings (who now have a virtual monopoly on bricks and mortar hardware sales) and they're f%^cking out of stock of one or more items I need  - OK, you've got the monopoly and can afford to be slack for the time being but only till someone comes along who does it better - then you're dead.

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:03 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationDarwin
  • Business Name:Drews Lawns

;)

Absolute bucket loads  :)

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:43 PM

TXL
TXL

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

if not i cant see what this is in a lawn forums  ;)

You are so right,wouldn't see the point in doing that

https://www.dailyrec...-cw/2017/01/09/

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:46 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales