• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic
spongy buffalo
spongy buffalo

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Stirring The Pot

Sent this message to a real estate agency this week after waiting and waiting to be paid for my first job with them.

Hi Linda,

It’s now been a month since I completed this urgent job for you, can you please extend that level of urgency to processing the attached invoice.

I understand you may be under financial hardship, if you are having difficulty making this payment, please make contact to negotiate a payment plan.

Kind regards

i got paid on the same day and received an apology, 

Still chuckling

Posted 12 April 2017 - 07:56 PM

TXL
TXL

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Stirring The Pot

Found it common with most estate agents to take up to 6 weeks to process the payment never worried about not being paid.

That's at least one good thing you'll always get paid,but some buffalo that may have had the door slammed shut for any future work

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:09 PM

CGAHS
CGAHS

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationCurrarong NSW

Stirring The Pot

lol, nicely put

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:01 PM

john22
john22

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Mod
  • 983 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Northside

Stirring The Pot

Glad it worked for you, I've found Real Estates to be either very good payers or very poor. Most of my dealings have been very unpleasant so I don't do any work for them anymore. In saying that a mate does 80% of his work with them and is always paid within 7 days.

Posted 13 April 2017 - 05:38 AM

Mattie
Mattie

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Business Name:Oasis lawns & gardens

Stirring The Pot

Glad it worked for you, I've found Real Estates to be either very good payers or very poor. Most of my dealings have been very unpleasant so I don't do any work for them anymore. In saying that a mate does 80% of his work with them and is always paid within 7 days.

Agree , most real estates have there favourites, either someone they know or a friend of a friend .
Stopped doing R/E work about ten years ago after continually chasing money and having time wasted or whinging about price of cleanup . Plenty of good work and good payers around don't need that stuff .
Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:36 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Southside

Stirring The Pot

Did the same myself Mattie - I'm sure there are good ones out there but there are a lot more unprofessional ones IMHO - dealing with homeowners direct the money's there on the day or soon after - dealing with RE's or Body Corporates - keep your fingers crossed - fine if you enjoy chasing debts and litigation - I'm after a simple life this time around.

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:43 PM

Mattie
Mattie

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Stirring The Pot

Yeah Croc , I'm hearing you , we still do strata work having around 45 sites with two strata managers I leave them to my eldest son and his two offsiders , usually get paid within 3 days of invoices . I myself prefer domestics I can usually mow and edge a job with two of us in around 20 -25 mins depending on grass catching or mulching.less stress and only need mowers blower and snipper . don't waste time with users like some agents around here .
Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:24 PM

Blair B
Blair B

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Stirring The Pot

I find 4 weeks is about the standard time for getting paid from realestate agents. Not saying it's okay just saying that is how long it takes for me to get paid.

Posted 13 April 2017 - 09:18 PM

john22
john22

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Mod
  • 983 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Northside

Stirring The Pot

Some domestic clients can take just as long or longer to pay Blair, then there is some that pay on the same day of service everytime. I just prefer the homeowner now life does get busy and they get behind but they seem more reliable.

Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:30 AM

Mattie
Mattie

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Stirring The Pot

I find 4 weeks is about the standard time for getting paid from realestate agents. Not saying it's okay just saying that is how long it takes for me to get paid.

Like I said depends on the girl doing the property management .
The last time I did r/e work was in 2005 local agent ring and give me 14 cleanup jobs , grass all 2' high and want catch and remove . We did them within 3 days with our regular schedule jobs . I put bills in ranging from 120-140 plus gst for each.
She ring me week later and said we won't be using you anymore as you too dear . I asked what do you expect to pay for cleanup , her reply was we can get that done for 50-60 bucks.
2 months later she ring want cleanup I say get ya 60 buck boy to do it.
I have jobs I bill to agents but they from owners who sick of the rubbish the agents give them.
Years before had an agent who would give me everything and near ask for price , she say I use you because job always done properly and never a complaint. After 2 years she left and I never ever got another job , I rang and say why we don't get anymore work the answer came back my boyfriend is lawny.
And other problem was waiting 2-3 months to get paid because no money in rent account .
In the end had enough pushing to fit in cleanups and wait months for money , don't need the stress.
So now policy is no r/e work unless for owners
Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:58 AM

Mattie
Mattie

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Stirring The Pot

Some domestic clients can take just as long or longer to pay Blair, then there is some that pay on the same day of service everytime. I just prefer the homeowner now life does get busy and they get behind but they seem more reliable.

True John , like you say at least you know you will get paid.
R/E good at asking for job but not so good at chasing money up for you.
Had 1 that didn't pay and I rang and was told had to chase owner as they no longer manage property.
I gave her a spray next time you want job done make sure money is there first and if you ask for job then your liable for the charge.
Like you I now do simple stuff like the cash me in an envelope ouside how bow dah
Posted 14 April 2017 - 07:06 AM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS
  • Business Name:Grasshoppers

Stirring The Pot

As ive stated before i dont have to many problems with Real Estates. Love em. Especially the bank repo's "mow every 2 weeks until sold". 

I do have a Melb builder who owe's me a couple hundred for a mow i did in December..Bloody mainlanders.

Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:01 PM

spongy buffalo
spongy buffalo

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Stirring The Pot

I reckon the problem is a builder rather than a mainlander. I won't work for them again
Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:28 AM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales