aarondavis
aarondavis

• Lawn Club Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Business Name:fox mowing and gardening cameron park

Misjudged Client

Gday all.
I'm pretty sure we have all done this at some stage. I recently accepted a job in a housing commission area and wasn't sure that I would be paid for said job and put it off due to the recent rain. The client asked me to re-schexule which I did, arrived at job and introduced myself than said client pulls the cash straight out and pays and proceeds to clean overgrown yard of all the kids toys.
Anyhow to cut a long story short I left the job after finishing feeling really dissapointed in myself for judging him beforehand. Client is now a regular and I only wish all my clients were as good as he is.
Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:15 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Southside

Misjudged Client

Hi Aaron,

It's easy to prejudge people based on the area, I know - I do a fair few jobs set up thru Gumtree via text or email - some clients I've never met - pay by cash in the meter box or bank transfer - and it could go badly wrong I know - but in 18 months I've had one $50 bad debt (touch wood) - and it wasn't from a battler area.

Cheers

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:29 PM

john22
john22

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Northside

Misjudged Client

Gday all.
I'm pretty sure we have all done this at some stage. I recently accepted a job in a housing commission area and wasn't sure that I would be paid for said job and put it off due to the recent rain. The client asked me to re-schexule which I did, arrived at job and introduced myself than said client pulls the cash straight out and pays and proceeds to clean overgrown yard of all the kids toys.
Anyhow to cut a long story short I left the job after finishing feeling really dissapointed in myself for judging him beforehand. Client is now a regular and I only wish all my clients were as good as he is.

Must of been one that slipped past and you gain more experience with people every day Aaron..

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:37 PM

john22
john22

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Northside

Misjudged Client

And welcome
Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:41 PM

Fred
Fred

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationBayside Melb

Misjudged Client

Yer, you made a mistake but, we all do!

Don't beat yourself up over it.

Thing is, with experience your gut feeling will be right way more often than wrong.

You still did the right thing.

Move on, but don't feel your obliged to work for everyone.

Cheers Fred.

Posted 23 April 2017 - 06:43 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales