drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • LocationDarwin
  • Business Name:Drews Lawns

Windows 10Mail

Got me stuffed, I put mail into folders to reference later and at some stage they disappear. I dont have a time frame reference they just go. Never had that problem with Windows Live Mail.

Any clues???? 

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:38 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Southside

Windows 10Mail

Never used it Drew but some kind of scheduled archiving default setting?

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:09 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Windows 10Mail

Dont know Croc but there are a lot of unhappy campers saying the same thing on their feedback thing. Most say after a month zip nada gone.

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:32 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Windows 10Mail

This is the latest info I could see on a quick Google:-

https://answers.micr...4c-21af96b0c9dc

The comment by "Grandpa Jim"  down the page a bit may be worth checking - if you access mail from different computers - if one of them pops it off the server - your windows 10 box then "syncs" with the server and, seeing the mail is deleted from the server, then removes it from yours - basic question is "do you use more than one device to access your email?" - if so have a look at the "Leave mail on server" settings on each of them.

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:20 PM

john22
john22

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Mod
  • 923 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Northside

Windows 10Mail

Isn't it good to have a former IT employee amongst us.. :)

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:25 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Windows 10Mail

Been away from it for a while now John -  and I pretty much switched off when Windows 8 came out - I know enough now to be dangerous :o

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:56 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Windows 10Mail

This is the latest info I could see on a quick Google:-

https://answers.micr...4c-21af96b0c9dc

The comment by "Grandpa Jim"  down the page a bit may be worth checking - if you access mail from different computers - if one of them pops it off the server - your windows 10 box then "syncs" with the server and, seeing the mail is deleted from the server, then removes it from yours - basic question is "do you use more than one device to access your email?" - if so have a look at the "Leave mail on server" settings on each of them.

Mail is only accessed from my PC. When i receive an email it has gone from Bigpond, so i want to keep it in a seperate folder not my inbox which i do but it now appears that at the start of new month ( i think ) they are all gone  which is painful cause one of them is an order from BP for 12 months

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:06 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Windows 10Mail

Got me stuffed then Drew -  here's a link to the settings you need to set up Bigpond email on Win 10 - check that you've got all these right first.

https://crowdsupport...-10/td-p/494004

I checked and 10 Mail doesn't have an export function so, until this is sorted perhaps you could forward the important emails as you get them to another account - eg Gmail or an account given you by your ISP - at least that would protect them while this is sorted.

Welcome to IT support :blink:

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:08 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Windows 10Mail

Got me stuffed then Drew -  here's a link to the settings you need to set up Bigpond email on Win 10 - check that you've got all these right first.

https://crowdsupport...-10/td-p/494004

I checked and 10 Mail doesn't have an export function so, until this is sorted perhaps you could forward the important emails as you get them to another account - eg Gmail or an account given you by your ISP - at least that would protect them while this is sorted.

Welcome to IT support :blink:

Thanks Crocster. I am pretty sure it isnt the Bigpond end as others use different. Anything really important i now store in Hotmail archives

Posted 08 May 2017 - 10:13 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales