RobbieM
RobbieM

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts
  • Business Name:RM Mowing

Cleaning Your Equipment

Hi All,

Just wondering how you all clean your gear. I'll clear out the bottom of the ztr mulch deck once a week with a plastic paint scraper to get rid of any hard build up, other than that my gear would be lucky to get a once over from the blower vac once a week. 2 years and haven't had a problem yet.

I saw one guy recently who was washing his equipment like a car, literally buckets of soap and sponge. I envy his dedication to keeping clean but surely its not worth the effort.

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:21 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Cleaning Your Equipment

Gerni for me - I don't have a ZTR but my mowers get a blast once a week or two - under the deck and round the gearbox - more often in wet weather when the crud sticks up under the deck.

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:27 PM

RobbieM
RobbieM

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts
  • Business Name:RM Mowing

Cleaning Your Equipment

For the mowers I guess the water wouldn't be a drama. I was more worried with the ZTR that the water could cause problems with the amount of electrics they have in them these days.

What mowers do you have?

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:59 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationDarwin
  • Business Name:Drews Lawns

Cleaning Your Equipment

Small mowers just get an under deck hosing when i get home as they get used, takes no time. My husky has a flip up deck and same story, quick hose and done.

Posted 08 May 2017 - 10:16 PM

Smokey
Smokey

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Locationsydney
  • Business Name:Adam's landscaping & lawn maintenance

Cleaning Your Equipment

I'm a little ocd with cleaning my gear. All the mowers and ztrs get cleaned under the deck with a paint scraper and wire brush.

Then I'll use the pressure washer and give them all a good clean with truck wash.
I try and do this every week or two as I like to keep everything neat and tidy. As soon as Monday morning comes they look like they have never been cleaned ha ha
Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:30 AM

CGAHS
CGAHS

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationCurrarong NSW

Cleaning Your Equipment

people wash their mowers?!?! ......something new every day  :D

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:34 AM

bakes
bakes

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationSafety Bay, Western Australia
  • Business Name:Rockingham Mobile Mowing

Cleaning Your Equipment

After I finish each mow with the rotary mowers I connect the hose to the deck hose fitting and clean it at the customers house. When I have finished completely with any of my mowers I always blow them down after each job.

It stops customers from accusing you from introducing weeds to their lawn.

The only time I wash the top side of any of my mowers is when they are due a service, then I clean them thoroughly prior to doing the service.

And I only use a pressure cleaner on the rare occasion to clean under the deck of my SP mower, ZTR & ride on. Never use pressure cleaner on my MEY's 

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:10 AM

spongy buffalo
spongy buffalo

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Cleaning Your Equipment

Occasionally I point the blower in the direction of my mower, say once every couple of months.

I blow the z turn out after each use

And that's my cleaning routine
Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:57 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales