crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Southside

I Lost A Customer

I just got a text from the daughter of a lady who I mow for to say she lost her fight with cancer last monday - I only met her half a dozen times but there was something special about her - a kind of "country" friendliness and manners - always sent me a text after I mowed saying how nice it looked - she lived alone, loved her garden and used to do the lawn herself before she got sick.

It's been said countless times I know but seeing it up close makes you realise the insignificant nature of most of our problems - and it's remotivated me to get off my #### and do the things that I dream about - we're only here once and we don't know for how long.

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:13 AM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS
  • Business Name:Grasshoppers

I Lost A Customer

well said.

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:55 AM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts
  • LocationDarwin
  • Business Name:Drews Lawns

I Lost A Customer

People come into our lives for a reason, often we dont know till their gone.

You,ll never ever know if you never ever go.  ;)

Posted 10 May 2017 - 08:04 AM

hjl
hjl

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Business Name:Lee's Lawnmowing

I Lost A Customer

Always sad when you you lose a customer that way. You are very right none of us know how long we are here for.

Cheers

hjl

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:27 AM

john22
john22

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Northside

I Lost A Customer

Sorry to hear mate it sounds like she was a special lady. And yes it does make you think!

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:45 PM

Mattie
Mattie

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Business Name:Oasis lawns & gardens

I Lost A Customer

You obviously struck a cord with her also mate , she must of thought well of you to send you a text every visit .
Sometimes as lawnies trying to mow as many lawns as we can to earn as much as we can ,we often miss the opportunity to connect with people on a human side rather than just as a customer .
Good feed makes us think a bit more about the client.
Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:07 AM

Haggis
Haggis

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationHobart
  • Business Name:Tasman Mowing

I Lost A Customer

I have not lost one yet - but I have a few elderly ladies so it is only time I suppose.  One is 93 - I thought that she was in her seventies  :-)  She will prob outlive me.

They all like a bit of a chat and I don't mind, sometimes I might be the only person that they see all day.

Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:43 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Southside

I Lost A Customer

I have not lost one yet - but I have a few elderly ladies so it is only time I suppose.  One is 93 - I thought that she was in her seventies  :-)  She will prob outlive me.

They all like a bit of a chat and I don't mind, sometimes I might be the only person that they see all day.

Yes I think there's a lot of hidden lonely oldies out there - I used to do meals on wheels for a while and it was hard leaving them after a short chat because you had 20 other meals to deliver sitting on the back seat.- I've got a 92 year old and I make her last job of the day so we can have a cup of coffee and a biscuit without worrying about getting on to the next job.

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:38 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales