bakes

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationSafety Bay, Western Australia
  • Business Name:Rockingham Mobile Mowing

Auctions

G'day lawnies

I went to the auctions over here on Tuesday, went their to bid on a SP mower, wanted a roughy, I missed out on that.

I got a fellow lawnie mate to come and have a look also.

While I was waiting for the mower to come up they were auctioning blowers in particular Sthil and Shindaiwa, they had about 20 of each.

I started to get bored waiting so I thought I would throw some bids for shits and giggles, the Shindaiwa blowers came up and started at $25 so off I went, I raised my hand and no one else challenged me, the item got referred.

The very next item was the same and my mate decided anything you can do I can do better and off he went hand up and by the time he put it down it was $50 and went to be referred.

Yesterday I get a call from the auctioneers and they tell me the sellers will accept $50 each for them, with the fees it came out to $115 for the 2 of them, got them home and turned them on and pulled the pull cord and bugger me drunk they start up 2nd pull and they run perfect and noticeably very light.

I know they are not new but, I feel I did alright. any opinions welcomed.

Cheers

BakesAttached File  20170519_081230.jpg   92.58KB   2 downloads

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:36 AM

Fred
Fred

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationBayside Melb

Auctions

Your laughing, give them a good service (including exhaust port) & u won't look back.

Cheers Fred.

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:10 PM

john22
john22

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Mod
  • 857 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Northside

Auctions

Good score Bakes!, I have no auction experience but I would of thought the seller pays fees not the buyer. You've done well. :)

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:26 PM

bakes
bakes

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Auctions

Good score Bakes!, I have no auction experience but I would of thought the seller pays fees not the buyer. You've done well. :)

Hi John, it was through Manheim Auctions and all the terms and conditions are clearly laid out and at that price I'm not complaining.

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:43 PM

bakes
bakes

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Auctions

Your laughing, give them a good service (including exhaust port) & u won't look back.

Cheers Fred.

G'day Fred, thanks mate, did that as soon as I got home, I am impressed with their Air cleaner setup, best I've seen on a blower.

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:45 PM

Nokman
Nokman

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNorth Coast New South Wales

Auctions

Excellent. I'll give you $120 for both.

Well done.

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:21 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Auctions

Good score Bakes - I haven't been to an auction in years - might be time to check them out again.

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:26 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales