drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • LocationDarwin
  • Business Name:Drews Lawns

Ego 56V

Just about to release a Steel deck sp and by all accounts it,s lighter than the current sp (Poly deck ) but 1'' narrower but with a sd feature.

Here is an Oz review of current 21''

Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:42 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Ego 56V

Looks like a ''multi tool'' too.

Got the chance to try out a display model for a day last week , thing is an absolute monster. Apparently has a 2000 watt motor, which is just ridiculous. Will make my job a lot easier.

13700196_1271856692839239_70643880077041
EGO Power Plus Glad you had a chance to try it. You are right it is a beast.

Looks awesome! What can I expect to pay for battery, charger, pole hedge trimmer and line trimmer set?

13700196_1271856692839239_70643880077041
EGO Power Plus Hi Graeme we will have a pole saw kit and pole hedge trimmer kit available for $599 each. The components on their own will start from $149 and go up to $249 for the power head.

Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:52 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Ego 56V

https://allmowers.co...ic-garden-tools

Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:58 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Ego 56V

https://allmowers.co...ic-garden-tools

https://allmowers.co...-electric-tools

Posted 15 July 2017 - 02:18 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Ego 56V

https://drive.google...SmtZSFN2SFRRcjA

Posted 15 July 2017 - 04:17 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Southside

Ego 56V

That's some really impressive looking gear Drew - Honda and the other conventional powered makers who haven't got a decent cordless range must be cr@ping their shorts.

Difficult choices for me next spring for sure - the HRX217 is 2 seasons old as is my UMK425 - I badly need an extended reach hedger - wonder how the Ego whipper compares with the AEG you've just bought - be nice to just have one set of batteries and chargers to deal with.

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:02 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Ego 56V

That's some really impressive looking gear Drew - Honda and the other conventional powered makers who haven't got a decent cordless range must be cr@ping their shorts.

Difficult choices for me next spring for sure - the HRX217 is 2 seasons old as is my UMK425 - I badly need an extended reach hedger - wonder how the Ego whipper compares with the AEG you've just bought - be nice to just have one set of batteries and chargers to deal with.

My first thought was these guys have really upped their game and want a bigger share of the market.
My umk is now about 5 and 1/2 years old.
Comparison!! yes well i thought man i wish i had waited for Ego especially the Multi tool, everything would have fitted in my box on the tray but no dealer up here, even Bunnings would have done. Some people swear by their Ego whippy,s
Batteries etc., some of the guys run all sorts
Were i to buy another mower it would be hard to go past the new SP Ego  but i dont use walk behinds as much as most guys here so for now i,ll stick with what i have ( maybe :) ).
I would like to see the tool talk guys do the same type of demo on the Victa 80v mower though ( 2 batteries )

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:10 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Ego 56V

Cheers Drew,

The more I look at these things the more I like them - bit hard to find a weight on them but I think the older plastic based one is about 62lb - folds flat easily - variable SP with separate drive - 60ltr catcher - when you first see 50mins runtime it sounds poor but realistically it's 2+ regular lawns that I do so a couple of batteries would do me for what I do with a charge at lunchtime - the one drawback for me is the bar blade but I'm used to the 217 now - I just keep it sharp.

Going down to Trade Tools next week to check them out and find out about the multitool.

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:37 AM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Ego 56V

Just saw this in the last couple of days - guy using clean/green as a selling point (with a $49 minimum charge :) )

https://www.gumtree....sion/1132950566

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:43 AM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Ego 56V

yep there is definately more than one guy using the cordless stuff. Probably the only concern (just thought of it ) how long will the poly/plastic last being outside all day?

SPECIFICATIONS Model Number LM2100E LM2100E-SP Self Propel System No Yes Voltage 56 V 56 V

No Load Speed 2800 /min 2800 /min

Cutting Height 28-94 mm 28-94 mm Cutting Height Positions 6 6 Deck Size 53 cm 53 cm Cutting Width 52 cm 52 cm Grass Bag Volume 70 L 70 L Mower

Weight (without battery pack or accessories) 22.10 kg 24.55 kg Blade Model AB2101 AB2101 Blade Brake YES YES Guaranteed Sound Power level 64 dB(A) 64 dB(A)

The new steel deck cuts from 25-95mm

Info can be found if you go to manuals when looking at product.

Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:48 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Ego 56V

Cheers Drew,

The more I look at these things the more I like them - bit hard to find a weight on them but I think the older plastic based one is about 62lb - folds flat easily - variable SP with separate drive - 60ltr catcher - when you first see 50mins runtime it sounds poor but realistically it's 2+ regular lawns that I do so a couple of batteries would do me for what I do with a charge at lunchtime - the one drawback for me is the bar blade but I'm used to the 217 now - I just keep it sharp.

Going down to Trade Tools next week to check them out and find out about the multitool.

Re 50 mins run time. Dont forget every time you let go it stops, but you dont have to yank the rope again.
Let us know what you think re the Multi.

Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:50 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Ego 56V

yep there is definately more than one guy using the cordless stuff. Probably the only concern (just thought of it ) how long will the poly/plastic last being outside all day?

SPECIFICATIONS Model Number LM2100E LM2100E-SP Self Propel System No Yes Voltage 56 V 56 V

No Load Speed 2800 /min 2800 /min

Cutting Height 28-94 mm 28-94 mm Cutting Height Positions 6 6 Deck Size 53 cm 53 cm Cutting Width 52 cm 52 cm Grass Bag Volume 70 L 70 L Mower

Weight (without battery pack or accessories) 22.10 kg 24.55 kg Blade Model AB2101 AB2101 Blade Brake YES YES Guaranteed Sound Power level 64 dB(A) 64 dB(A)

The new steel deck cuts from 25-95mm

Info can be found if you go to manuals when looking at product.

Must be something wrong my end as I couldn't open the specs tab on Ego's page so I cast around with Google and found some info on the British site - revs quoted on the new model were a bit higher than quoted here (round 3200 from memory)

I just called the guy on Gumtree to pick his brains - didn't pick up so I'll try tomorrow.

Yes the plastic bits are a concern - but it'll fold up and go under my tonneau so won't be out in the weather all day - also the parent company Chervon are a Chinese mob who've been around since 1993 and make tools under licence for a number of high end brands - they just started Ego to get into the outdoor market - so you'd hope they know how to do it right.

I've watched a few clips now and my biggest concern now is how well it cuts and catches - you see the blade and it looks like it's got less lift than a 217 - half chute - and no stacked mulch blade - one clip comparing it to a 217 mentioned when mulching it leaves more visible clippings than a 217 - but it was the non SP - hopefully if the local guy will talk to me I'll get more info and report back.

Nothing like kicking the tyres anyway so I'll see if Tradetools have them in stock next week.

Edit: here's that comparison clip:-

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:02 PM

markp
markp

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Ego 56V

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:25 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Ego 56V

Specs for new steel deck are 3150 rpm. from the ego range brochure. Non sp and sp use same blade which they call high lift. Just like honda it will probably require some mods from new

double click on the pic on any of the ego brochure range

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:26 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Ego 56V

https://allmowers.com.au/brochures

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:34 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Ego 56V

But how much? 

Dearest Ego is $1100.00 or Victa 80v $800 non sp

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:46 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Ego 56V

Must be something wrong my end as I couldn't open the specs tab on Ego's page so I cast around with Google and found some info on the British site - revs quoted on the new model were a bit higher than quoted here (round 3200 from memory)

I just called the guy on Gumtree to pick his brains - didn't pick up so I'll try tomorrow.

Yes the plastic bits are a concern - but it'll fold up and go under my tonneau so won't be out in the weather all day - also the parent company Chervon are a Chinese mob who've been around since 1993 and make tools under licence for a number of high end brands - they just started Ego to get into the outdoor market - so you'd hope they know how to do it right.

I've watched a few clips now and my biggest concern now is how well it cuts and catches - you see the blade and it looks like it's got less lift than a 217 - half chute - and no stacked mulch blade - one clip comparing it to a 217 mentioned when mulching it leaves more visible clippings than a 217 - but it was the non SP - hopefully if the local guy will talk to me I'll get more info and report back.

Nothing like kicking the tyres anyway so I'll see if Tradetools have them in stock next week.

Edit: here's that comparison clip:-

Ah he did say he couldnt see any difference and the old blades are considerably different to the newer Ego,s. Newer are more lift.

Re some mods

''The Ego has a slight drag issue when cutting but can be rectified by cutting off plastic fins underneath mower.'' meaning the blade sits up inside the deck and deck ''drags'' on low setting

http://lawnclub.com....rint#entry12149

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:19 PM

markp
markp

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Ego 56V

Dunno how much just thought you might be interested

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:35 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Ego 56V

Ah he did say he couldnt see any difference and the old blades are considerably different to the newer Ego,s. Newer are more lift.

Re some mods

''The Ego has a slight drag issue when cutting but can be rectified by cutting off plastic fins underneath mower.'' meaning the blade sits up inside the deck and deck ''drags'' on low setting

http://lawnclub.com....rint#entry12149

90% of mine are couch and cut at a height of (I'd guess) 30-50mm so if it does that OK I'm a happy camper - I recall when I first got the 217 there were concerns along the same lines - yes it does hang up when you try to cut real low - so I just ended up not cutting real low :) - the few clients I had that wanted it scalped have got used to it.

If I can I'll take photos of the undercarriage next week.

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:13 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Ego 56V

Dunno how much just thought you might be interested

All their gear is not cheap, get what you pay for.

http://lawnclub.com....ge-1?hl=pellenc

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:18 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales