drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationDarwin
  • Business Name:Drews Lawns

Victa,s 82V

He follows this thread, maybe he,ll get it.  ;)

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:41 PM

john22
john22

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Northside

Victa,s 82V

That’s the plan mate, though his admirers that sent me some pm’s could of used some manners.
Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:46 PM

Hedger
Hedger

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Victa,s 82V

Not bothering starting another thread so it will go here. I’m not responsible for Footprint being banned. A few people think I am and I have noted the negative comments directed towards me on his YouTube channel. He brought it upon himself with his childish behaviour directed towards the acting admin at that time. She deactivated his account. I had no involvement whatsoever.
Cheers

Hi John as far as i know Footprint was harassed by you for being a supplier and his status was changed to a supplier even after he stated he wasn't! Out of frustration then sending emails asking for his status to be changed back! I'm rather sure he was not being (Childish) but merely disappointed with his treatment from moderators! Footprint would having nothing to do with you being harassed but I will let him know he has some fans still! Oh Footprint URL was blocked not a deactivated account! Cheers Hedger
Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:58 AM

john22
john22

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Victa,s 82V

I don't care less mate, you seem very well informed!!!. I asked him what he was doing and the admin took over and conversed with him regarding his contribution and decided to upgrade him to a supplier. Not my suggestion to her and I never have harassed Scott in my time here. My information comes from a private message regarding him harrasing her constantly in a childish manner. I have had no involvement in whatever happened and will not answer any furthur nonsense on the subject.

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:33 PM

Hedger
Hedger

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Victa,s 82V

I don't care less mate, you seem very well informed!!!. I asked him what he was doing and the admin took over and conversed with him regarding his contribution and decided to upgrade him to a supplier. Not my suggestion to her and I never have harassed Scott in my time here. My information comes from a private message regarding him harrasing her constantly in a childish manner. I have had no involvement in whatever happened and will not answer any furthur nonsense on the subject.

Good!! Neither shall I!!
Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:14 PM

john22
john22

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Victa,s 82V

Wonderful, it’s nice to see people play fair!.
Cheers:)
Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:19 PM

Hedger
Hedger

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Victa,s 82V

Wonderful, it’s nice to see people play fair!.
Cheers:)

Is it possible for Footprints URL to unblocked so he may rejoin forum?
Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:28 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Victa,s 82V

Just curious. Whats your relationship to footprint?

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:53 PM

john22
john22

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Victa,s 82V

9 lawns of various sizes consumed 4 2ah batteries on the trimmer. But I was working it hard to beat the rain.
Posted 22 February 2018 - 02:40 PM

markp
markp

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Victa,s 82V

That's not bad I wonder how many you would get out of a 5amp or the 7.5 . Or would that extra weight upset the balance

Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:20 PM

john22
john22

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Victa,s 82V

Yes it would mate, because I charge while I go I opted for the smaller batteries. It’s a very well balanced machine but certainly not light.
Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:44 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Victa,s 82V

Didn’t think 5+7.5 amp batts were available for the Victa. Snapper do a 5amp apparently.

9 lawns of various sizes consumed 4 2ah batteries on the trimmer. But I was working it hard to beat the rain.

Are you using the blower as well John?
Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:23 PM

markp
markp

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Victa,s 82V

Sorry I thought John was talking about the ego  The 82volt would be a heavier battery for sure.

Have any of you guys looked at the Makita gear, 36 volt that runs 2 18 volt batteries, I had a look at some of the gear in Bunnings the other day , It looks pretty well made

Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:36 PM

john22
john22

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Victa,s 82V

Ironically the blower arrived on Thursday via couriers please. But as I wasn’t home they didn’t deliver it. I’ll have a review soon.
Posted 23 February 2018 - 03:58 AM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Victa,s 82V

Just bought one this morning John, balance is a just a little bit out is all i have found thus far. It was going to be an EGO but comments on the other thread  :(

https://www.bunnings...attery_p3381104

Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:30 PM

john22
john22

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Victa,s 82V

Just bought one this morning John, balance is a just a little bit out is all i have found thus far. It was going to be an EGO but comments on the other thread  :(

https://www.bunnings...attery_p3381104

Yes those videos you uploaded at the start mentioned the balance could be better. Alas mine has been lost in transit by Couriers Please. Bugger!!
Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:11 PM

CGAHS
CGAHS

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • LocationJervis Bay NSW

Victa,s 82V

watching this one on the Makitas, (towards the end) it appears to use the same saw & hedger attachments as their petrol ones, which are the same as the Shindy's.......will be following these more closely as they seem more commercial quality than the competition so far (stihl, husky) BUT the bloody trimmer runs clock-wise which is a deal breaker for me

Posted 26 February 2018 - 01:09 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Victa,s 82V

One of the upsides to battery gear is when/if you need a new battery sometimes there are specials so to speak. Point in case, a 2amp battery is $199 but for a hundred extra you get a battery, rapid charger and (in this case) a  600 watt blower for $299.

A bloke at bunnings this morning reckons petrol gear has got 10 years left for outlets to sell OPE. Can anyone confirm that?

Posted 02 March 2018 - 02:25 PM

john22
john22

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Victa,s 82V

This equipment is handling the surge growth with ease. The blower can do 8 lawns on a 2a/h battery but the trimmer will just manage 3. I’m still waiting on the chainsaw so I can’t comment on that yet. I would rate the torque of the trimmer in turbo mode better than a 25-27cc 2 stroke. So good entry level gear, definitely not the best but very good for the price. I still haven’t used mains power to charge:)
Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:28 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Victa,s 82V

I like the blower now, dont use the trigger just use the lever on the side. reckon the trimmer might need a 4 amp? Or avoid using the turbo.
Havnt needed high speed on either the AEG or the EGO yet but havnt used the EGO much at all....yet.

I have a feeling you may not see the chainsaw, it,s dropped off Victa,s and Bunnings website, could be wrong of course.  :)

Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:35 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales