nathnsarah
nathnsarah

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Starting Out

agree! not even the same type of goo

used meguiars gold mate.

Well i must say i am more than impressed. came up looking fantastic. looking forward to giving it another hit next weekend. Awesome advice mate. Cheers

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:06 PM

Smokey
Smokey

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Locationsydney
  • Business Name:Adam's landscaping & lawn maintenance

Starting Out

Hi all. If most lawn maintenance occurs during spring + summer what type of services is best undertaken in the colder months? How do we keep income coming in during winter?

I tend to take it a little easier and enjoy the down time if it's possible.

But there is still alot that can be done around existing customers places and new clients.

Garden clean ups
Hedging and pruning
Mulching
Pressure cleaning
Landscaping work
Handy man jobs

All that sort of stuff that you can't get around to in peak time.
A
Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:47 PM

plucka
plucka

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Starting Out

This is my first winter and what Smokey said is right.  You just have to plan for the reduced income by putting some money aside in the busy months.  Like Smokey said, you will enjoy the short days as your body will need a break after summer/autumn.  I've done a few small landscaping jobs over winter like turf laying, retaining wall, building garden steps etc, all 1 or 2 day jobs but it all helps.  As long as it's under $10k I believe you don't need a builders license.

Crocster also gave a good tip- try and "load up" on customers in Autumn to get you through winter, then if you're too busy come summer drop the least profitable ones.

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:35 AM

Mtarno78
Mtarno78

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Starting Out

Good info thanks, guys.
Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:50 AM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS
  • Business Name:Grasshoppers

Starting Out

Hi all. If most lawn maintenance occurs during spring + summer what type of services is best undertaken in the colder months? How do we keep income coming in during winter?

the goal i recon is to to earn enough in the growing seasons to be able to be really slack in the off season.

Others diversify, do pest control, in america they do snow plow work, Concrete cleaning, landscaping, gutter cleaning, solar panel cleaning (this is a new area)..whatever really.

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:21 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales