6 replies to this topic
surfishly
surfishly

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Business Name:Planet Mowing

Hi Pages Get Out ?

Hi guys stupidly signed up to one of those monthly hi pages contracts - they promised one Mowing quote opp per day but all I get is time wasters wanting garden clean ups etc - any tips on how to get out of this contract ? Think my money would be better spent on flyers etc - mind you so dry in brisbane business must be tough for all in se qld - cheers
Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:32 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Southside

Hi Pages Get Out ?

Hi Surf,

Is it costing you money? - I signed up for a free trial with them a while back where I don't pay the quote fee but no charge to me - I just ignore them now - most are one-offs well out of the area I specified - not worth the bother - maybe talking to Office of Fair Trading would be an option - these "gig economy" style products are a cancer I reckon - for our industry anyway - Airtasker is a cesspit of people offering peanuts for services provided sight unseen and providers bidding to the bottom.

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:47 PM

surfishly
surfishly

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Hi Pages Get Out ?

cheers crocster i spit the dummy lets see what they come back with

Posted 01 October 2017 - 06:45 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Hi Pages Get Out ?

Good luck Surfy, Their admin seems pretty sloppy. Could be good for you.

Posted 01 October 2017 - 08:00 PM

surfishly
surfishly

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Hi Pages Get Out ?

so far so good croc sent them a legalish sounding email and no reply -fingers crossed

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:08 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Hi Pages Get Out ?

I started out rejecting every job email they sent me for several weeks - with the "reason" field saying they were way outside the area I set up in my profile - since then I just delete them - and I'm still getting them! - many weeks after my free trial period ended - their blurb says that only 3 providers would be offered each lead so it gives you some idea of how on the ball they are admin wise

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:49 AM

Irishjim
Irishjim

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Business Name:Gnomore mowing and gardening

Hi Pages Get Out ?

I had a free trial with tham last year too.a lot of the leads were too far away but I did pick up a few clean ups while I wasn't very busy.when the trial was over they kept ringing and ringing for me to sign up but I didn't bother..might be worth it during quiet times of the year but they only seem to do a yearly contract,not worth paying fees when too busy to even quote new jobs in peak seasons..
Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:00 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales