• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic
Ryancronin37
Ryancronin37

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Ndis

Hi guys think off registering as an ndis provider the price is capped at about $43 hour any off you guys registered a quick question what happens if it only takes you 40min to mow and what happens if if two off us and it only takes 20mins can you still charge for the hour
Not sure if it's worth all the paperwork
Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:45 PM

john22
john22

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Northside

Ndis

Who is going to have a timer and note how long the job takes?.

Posted 07 October 2017 - 06:49 AM

Ryancronin37
Ryancronin37

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Ndis

Good point John
Posted 07 October 2017 - 07:02 AM

john22
john22

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Northside

Ndis

If you can get work and paid it's probably worth the paperwork, just look for any hidden charges or clauses in the disclaimer.

Posted 07 October 2017 - 07:19 AM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Ndis

I worked for a mob who paid $40/hr and they told you how long to do the job ie this house is an hour. Didnt really want to do it but their time was always way out in my favour. 

Their hour was 1/2 for me so while they might not sound good on paper in practice they ''can'' be good.

Oh and they were fully aware i wasnt taking an hour too, it didnt matter to them.

Posted 07 October 2017 - 12:47 PM

surfishly
surfishly

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Business Name:Planet Mowing

Ndis

hi Ryan am in southside brisbane if not stepping on yr toes could you flick me web links to info on how to get registered for this ? (have had a few locals asking me if i am on the list but have no idea where to start )

cheers mate

Posted 08 October 2017 - 04:57 PM

Ryancronin37
Ryancronin37

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Ndis

hi Ryan am in southside brisbane if not stepping on yr toes could you flick me web links to info on how to get registered for this ? (have had a few locals asking me if i am on the list but have no idea where to start )

cheers mate

This is the web page https://www.ndis.gov.au
Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:47 PM

Smokey
Smokey

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Locationsydney
  • Business Name:Adam's landscaping & lawn maintenance

Ndis

Hi guys

Just reviving an old thread ive had a few customers ask me lately if im a ndis provider.

Im not currently but looking into it looks like a heap of paper work.

im wondering if anybody is on here and how they find it.

Cheers
Posted 05 June 2018 - 05:23 PM

Mattie
Mattie

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Business Name:Oasis lawns & gardens

Ndis

Hi guys
Just reviving an old thread ive had a few customers ask me lately if im a ndis provider.
Im not currently but looking into it looks like a heap of paper work.
im wondering if anybody is on here and how they find it.
Cheers

Just do it mate , it’s not that hard ,need police check , public liability certificate of currency workers comp certificate of currency.
Fill out all the details step by step took me about an hour to get through it.
There will be a lot more work coming through here as some smaller agencies join the NDIS .if you want to know about quoting stuff pm me and I will give you the run down on what I do .
Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:44 PM

Smokey
Smokey

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Locationsydney

Ndis

Just do it mate , it’s not that hard ,need police check , public liability certificate of currency workers comp certificate of currency.
Fill out all the details step by step took me about an hour to get through it.
There will be a lot more work coming through here as some smaller agencies join the NDIS .if you want to know about quoting stuff pm me and I will give you the run down on what I do .

Cheers mattie really appreciate it ive compleated most of the paper work tonight your right its all pretty straight forward.
Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:41 PM

Colsy
Colsy

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • LocationWestern Suburbs, Melbourne

Ndis

I do a couple of jobs for them, they are great to work for, they have heaps of people working for them so there is always case managers etc to sort things out. The rate is 43.94 per hour so all invoices must be constructed that way. Basically if you do a job and you think that job is worth $70 then you would charge 1.5 hours or thereabouts. Don't worry about how long it took you vs how much they pay per hour. This is what they told me to do.

Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:57 PM

Smokey
Smokey

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Locationsydney

Ndis

I do a couple of jobs for them, they are great to work for, they have heaps of people working for them so there is always case managers etc to sort things out. The rate is 43.94 per hour so all invoices must be constructed that way. Basically if you do a job and you think that job is worth $70 then you would charge 1.5 hours or thereabouts. Don't worry about how long it took you vs how much they pay per hour. This is what they told me to do.

Cheers mate ive signed up and have been approved for house mods and outdoor services.

Thanks every for the advice ill keep you guys updated on how it goes.
Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:02 AM

tomfreeman
tomfreeman

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Business Name:Toms Lawn Mowing

Ndis

Hey Smokey, 

How long did it take you to get approved? also what house mods do you provide? 

I'm in the process of registering myself and was curious what other categories people have registered for

Cheers

Tom

Posted 08 June 2018 - 03:50 PM

Mattie
Mattie

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Ndis

Hey Smokey, 

I'm in the process of registering myself and was curious what other categories people have registered for

Cheers

Tom

It’s pretty quick if you have all the docs uploaded , ours was approved next day.
The outside house maintenance is all you really need to sign for as it allows you to do stuff like mowing hedging weeding gerbil gutters windows etc anything you think needs doing that they can’t do outside just quote it as hours units to match how much you want for job . Once client agrees then upload new order on portal. It’s easy once you know how to process it all.
Posted 08 June 2018 - 05:43 PM

Smokey
Smokey

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Locationsydney

Ndis

Hey Smokey, 

Cheers

Tom

Im a licenced and qualified landscaper so id be dowing mowing and all that jazz.

for house mods it would be jobs like wheel chair ramps and stair cases that sort of work.
Posted 09 June 2018 - 09:00 PM

tomfreeman
tomfreeman

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Ndis

Have you guys found it hard to contact some participants once they send through a service request? I've had a service request come through which I've accepted however have been unable to contact the participant to find out where they live

Posted 22 June 2018 - 01:24 PM

Mattie
Mattie

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Ndis

Have you guys found it hard to contact some participants once they send through a service request? I've had a service request come through which I've accepted however have been unable to contact the participant to find out where they live

Ring the Ndis , if you have a no. Or name
Posted 22 June 2018 - 01:51 PM

tomfreeman
tomfreeman

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Ndis

How are you guys setting up your Service Agreements?

Posted 10 July 2018 - 04:55 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales