• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic
Trevc
Trevc

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Fussy Customer

And never worry about what a customer says about your quote. Your price should be your price, you stick to it and walk away.

Bang!
Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:04 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Fussy Customer

And never worry about what a customer says about your quote. Your price should be your price, you stick to it and walk away. 

When the guru,s used to come up to teach us how to sell cars ( from Ford and Holden ) they used to say Be proud of your price.

Was a case of do as i say not as i do though, none of them had actually sold cars to real people

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:16 AM

bakes
bakes

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSafety Bay, Western Australia
  • Business Name:Rockingham Mobile Mowing

Fussy Customer

I guess that would explain why he is in the passengers seat.

Posted 26 May 2018 - 07:04 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Southside

Fussy Customer

Good to put a face to the dropkick c&nt - he may seem like some sort of pathetic, comical drunk but be aware that he probably operates equipment which has the potential to hurt innocent bystanders every day of his miserable p!ssed out working life

Would be good to use Google's facial recognition algorithms to try and identify him - calling all ex IT people - Plucka?

Posted 26 May 2018 - 07:40 PM

john22
john22

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Northside

Fussy Customer

What a foul mouthed moron, he’s obviously got a problem if he works while he’s ####ed. I don’t understand his problem with battery equipment, we will probably get a video on that next. Get lost 88!.
Posted 26 May 2018 - 07:50 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Fussy Customer

Good to put a face to the dropkick c&nt - he may seem like some sort of pathetic, comical drunk but be aware that he probably operates equipment which has the potential to hurt innocent bystanders every day of his miserable p!ssed out working life

Would be good to use Google's facial recognition algorithms to try and identify him - calling all ex IT people - Plucka?

I worked for TRW Products in Marrickville, Sydney making car parts for Holden and Ford and aftermarket for Dufor for several years in the early 80's - it was a hard drinking/drugging environment - the Tempe Bowls Club was a stones throw from the factory - when I first started out there on night shift I was invited to come to the bowls club for "tea" during our half hour tea break at 8pm - we'd pile into the leading hand's HG and roar over there and, in 20 minutes, he would down 6 schooners of full strength - then we'd roar back to work on till 11pm

On the day shift from 6am I rode to work with guys who used to get together at someones place to pull bongs from 5.00 till it was time to leave.

Looking back the number of mistakes/####ups /injuries on the job that used to happen there was just tragic - fingers/hands/eyes - in the drop forging area it seemed every few weeks someone would lose fingers or be injured in some way.

Now my partner's son's workplace has regular random drug testing and there's no way it's not a good thing no matter what the young guys say about it cramping their style on the weekends

People like 88 push my buttons because I've seen what having a longneck for brekky can do.

Posted 26 May 2018 - 09:11 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Fussy Customer

Yes just take a wander around some hospital wards, even ward 1

Posted 26 May 2018 - 10:01 PM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,922 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS
  • Business Name:Grasshoppers

Fussy Customer

Awesome water bottle.

I remember working as a storeman many, many, moons ago. Lunch time was always had down the Market Hotel in Flemington Sydney. As many as you could get down in the hr for lunch.  Made for a fun afternoon with all 5 to 7 of us a little tipsy.

The stoners used to have a bong at the back door of the factory (it was an unused fire door to a over grown ally) 

Times have changed.

Posted 27 May 2018 - 09:09 AM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,922 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS

Fussy Customer

Now my partner's son's workplace has regular random drug testing and there's no way it's not a good thing no matter what the young guys say about it cramping their style on the weekends

Whist I agree alcohol and drug testing is fantastic, both on the roads and for work. The way its done isn't working. Or I should I say, isn't working like it should.

I have two friends who work on the mines who are cannabis uses and other friend who was a heavy cannabis user who drives excavators in Sydney.

One of the mine guys is fine for low THC in his test. (he smokes on his off week) and has been sacked for failing the drug test for a previous mining company on a low THC reading. The company he now works for is a little lenient.  One uses synthetic urine for his on test as he has to be 0. They both say that the use of ice and that type of drug escalated hugely with the advent of drug testing as workers can use it on their off days and be clean as a whistle come on test. It doesn't hang around the system like Cannabis by the sounds of it.

My  Excavator friend is now a heavy user of Synthetic cannabis as it doesn't show up on a test. Its really bad stuff. Really bad for you and could not be good for work place health and Safety as its very strong and who knows what chemicals and crap goes into each batch.

None of these guys drink. 

We have a pretty accurate reading of blood alcohol and what society thinks is an acceptable limit (as a drinker I think.08 would of been better like It was supposed to be, but that's neither here or there). We all know we can have a few beers after work and be fine to drive or work the next day and have a 0 reading. 

The Cannabis test does not work like this. From what I'm told someone can have a joint after work and could well test positive on a saliva test the next day.  On a urine test for at least 3 days, longer if they smoke regularly. 

There needs to be a better way of testing, a fairer way and a way that doesn't encourage people to use worse drugs. Especially so with medical cannabis becoming a reality. 

Posted 27 May 2018 - 09:42 AM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Fussy Customer

Flying High takes on all sorts of connotations. Not to sure i,d like my pilot flying stoned or having flashbacks.  :)

Posted 27 May 2018 - 09:55 AM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,922 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS

Fussy Customer

Flying High takes on all sorts of connotations. Not to sure i,d like my pilot flying stoned or having flashbacks.  :)

Of cause not. Imagine a pilot having a acid flash back...lol 

I'm not advocating drug taking. Legal or otherwise.  I'm saying there needs to be a better test, one that tests impairment like the alcohol test.

Heroin and cocaine was is (?) the big drug for pilots. The WW2 pilots were fed cocaine to keep them awake and alert.

Posted 27 May 2018 - 12:16 PM

Grae
Grae

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationWhere spring has sprung, weed city

Fussy Customer

88 touts VB… the beer of choice when you have no taste and will settle for a below average mass produced breakfast food.

A KB of Coopers Stout or your neighbours home brew would be a healthier start to the day.

Posted 27 May 2018 - 05:33 PM

I remember what I'd forgotten but can't remember why I needed to

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Fussy Customer

Whist I agree alcohol and drug testing is fantastic, both on the roads and for work. The way its done isn't working. Or I should I say, isn't working like it should.

I have two friends who work on the mines who are cannabis uses and other friend who was a heavy cannabis user who drives excavators in Sydney.

One of the mine guys is fine for low THC in his test. (he smokes on his off week) and has been sacked for failing the drug test for a previous mining company on a low THC reading. The company he now works for is a little lenient.  One uses synthetic urine for his on test as he has to be 0. They both say that the use of ice and that type of drug escalated hugely with the advent of drug testing as workers can use it on their off days and be clean as a whistle come on test. It doesn't hang around the system like Cannabis by the sounds of it.

My  Excavator friend is now a heavy user of Synthetic cannabis as it doesn't show up on a test. Its really bad stuff. Really bad for you and could not be good for work place health and Safety as its very strong and who knows what chemicals and crap goes into each batch.

None of these guys drink. 

We have a pretty accurate reading of blood alcohol and what society thinks is an acceptable limit (as a drinker I think.08 would of been better like It was supposed to be, but that's neither here or there). We all know we can have a few beers after work and be fine to drive or work the next day and have a 0 reading. 

The Cannabis test does not work like this. From what I'm told someone can have a joint after work and could well test positive on a saliva test the next day.  On a urine test for at least 3 days, longer if they smoke regularly. 

There needs to be a better way of testing, a fairer way and a way that doesn't encourage people to use worse drugs. Especially so with medical cannabis becoming a reality. 

Agree with you on the cannabis testing - I've read that traces of THC are detectable for up to 6 weeks after a session - don't know what levels the test kits used nowadays measure and decide on pass/fail - you'd hope it would have research behind it

Apparently you can still have the odd puff and not fail the test -  but a weekend blinder or heavy regular use is going to result in a fail - fair enough IMO.

Posted 28 May 2018 - 07:01 AM

Eighty:Eight
Eighty:Eight

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Fussy Customer

done all my work ####s yeah time fore a longnek now
Posted 28 May 2018 - 09:43 AM

spongy buffalo
spongy buffalo

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationWestern Sydney

Fussy Customer

Stay classy 88
Posted 28 May 2018 - 09:51 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales