Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS
  • Business Name:Grasshoppers

Average Mow Time And $ P/h

Had to Google that one - you mean like "Housos"? - they're not bogans - just a new wave of residents with different priorities and shorter arms and longer pockets  ;)

lol..yea..sorry just havin a laugh!

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:21 PM

Colsy
Colsy

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationWestern Suburbs, Melbourne

So to confirm, you can leave with all your customers and rename yourself Steve's mowing or something straight away?

Yup, you wont be getting your franchise purchase price returned though.

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:01 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts
  • LocationDarwin

I dont believe that has come up before now (franchise purchase price ) Is it similar to VIP $3300.00?

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:08 PM

CGAHS
CGAHS

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationJervis Bay NSW

another zero l think Drew

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:13 PM

Steve35
Steve35

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

I dont believe that has come up before now (franchise purchase price ) Is it similar to VIP $3300.00

become-a-franchisee1

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:48 PM

john22
john22

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Northside

I’ve just prepared invoices for tomorrow and I have a long day but $630 income for the day is great and I hope to be finished by 2pm. Amazingly the top poster today logged on at various times and composed a load of garbage when he should of been working to achieve the dollars claimed. I don’t stop for anything until I have finished. So tomorrow while we battle on in the heat the long composed ruse will continue from the air conditioning of the office.
Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:12 PM

Colsy
Colsy

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

I’ve just prepared invoices for tomorrow and I have a long day but $630 income for the day is great and I hope to be finished by 2pm. Amazingly the top poster today logged on at various times and composed a load of garbage when he should of been working to achieve the dollars claimed. I don’t stop for anything until I have finished. So tomorrow while we battle on in the heat the long composed ruse will continue from the air conditioning of the office.

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:10 AM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS

I only have 1 unit mow on today, at 12 noon for $30. Then off for Thai Friday lunch. Looks like we may get some rain, so hopefully that's after 12:20. Then a long weekend as I have nothing booked in for Monday or Tuesday.

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:07 AM

Barefoot
Barefoot

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationCentral Coast

We need a like button Lucky.
Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:51 AM

Fred
Fred

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationBayside Melb

Don't mind working longish days as I kinda like what I do & I want to get value out of my day.

As the years roll by, Im more inclined to work longer days then take whole days off rather than work short days & take part days off. Maybe that will change down the track ?

Each to their own & it  all comes out in the wash kinda thing.

Anyhow, Plucka, I think you're 100% correct.

Even though a higher hourly rate can be obtained on the job, we need to consider everything else that goes into that.

Realising that there are NO other benefits to be had.

The only realistic fact, is the bottom line.

Cheers Fred.

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:55 AM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS

I dont believe that has come up before now (franchise purchase price ) Is it similar to VIP $3300.00?

another zero l think Drew

The investment required to open a Jim's Mowing Franchise is $29,000. There is an initial franchise fee of $4,200 which grants you the license to run a business under the Jim's Mowing name.

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:06 PM

CGAHS
CGAHS

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationJervis Bay NSW

that's in Vancouver Lucky - from memory the last time this got dragged through the mud on the other forum it was over $35g

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:33 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Either figure. So your telling me people walk away from $30 odd grand?

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:34 PM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS

https://www.seekbusi...1/opportunities up to around 40k

One available in Darwin drew!

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:22 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts
  • LocationDarwin

And Hobart but i,ll pass thanks  :)

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:53 PM

Steve35
Steve35

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Nobody looked at this link, it explains the Jim's start up costs.

It is important to recognize that starting any lawn care business will involve an investment in equipment.

This will include a sign-written vehicle or trailer, all your mowers, trimmers and compulsory safety kits, etc.
At Jim’s Mowing we can offer lease-to-buy choices that dramatically reduce your up-front cash investment in these items.
There is an initial fee to join the Jim’s Mowing franchise and this is typically about $22,000. At Jim’s Mowing there are three purchase options that are available for you to decide the right fit to suit your circumstances.

1. A new business: this doesn’t come with any customers, which gives you a blank slate to start your business and is typically priced around $22,000.
  2. An existing business: this occurs when an existing franchisee retires or moves on. In this case you purchase an existing customer base of regular customers. The price will vary based on the value of the business but normally starts at around $27,500.
  3. A “split” from a current franchise: the most popular option. This involves purchasing a split from a franchisee who is staying within the group. An obvious benefit in this case is that the selling franchisee is staying and can continually offer assistance and support. A split is normally priced around $27,500.

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:21 PM

Colsy
Colsy

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Nobody looked at this link, it explains the Jim's start up costs.

It is important to recognize that starting any lawn care business will involve an investment in equipment.

This will include a sign-written vehicle or trailer, all your mowers, trimmers and compulsory safety kits, etc.
At Jim’s Mowing we can offer lease-to-buy choices that dramatically reduce your up-front cash investment in these items.
There is an initial fee to join the Jim’s Mowing franchise and this is typically about $22,000. At Jim’s Mowing there are three purchase options that are available for you to decide the right fit to suit your circumstances.

1. A new business: this doesn’t come with any customers, which gives you a blank slate to start your business and is typically priced around $22,000.
  2. An existing business: this occurs when an existing franchisee retires or moves on. In this case you purchase an existing customer base of regular customers. The price will vary based on the value of the business but normally starts at around $27,500.
  3. A “split” from a current franchise: the most popular option. This involves purchasing a split from a franchisee who is staying within the group. An obvious benefit in this case is that the selling franchisee is staying and can continually offer assistance and support. A split is normally priced around $27,500.

I can confirm that this information is correct.

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:25 PM

plucka
plucka

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Inner SW

The investment required to open a Jim's Mowing Franchise is $29,000. There is an initial franchise fee of $4,200 which grants you the license to run a business under the Jim's Mowing name.

Funny, I just spent $29k on a new van,  I think far better value in that than in Jim's pocket.

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:25 PM

plucka
plucka

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Inner SW

Plucka's comment about finding a decent area to work in is well worth repeating IMHO - (not trying in any way to detract from your success Plucka - your story is inspirational) -

I grew up in St Lucia near you and my first spell of mowing took place there and Toowong/Indooroopilly/Chapel Hill/Kenmore - and it was perfect - the people by and large were very well off and liked a well maintained property - when I first moved out to Sunnybank 25 years ago it was pretty much the same type of place - and when I mowed around 2001-2006 I had a good business very quickly - but I then worked in another industry till 2015 and the whole character here changed - now a garden is a place to grow food and a lawn is a frickin nuisance for a large percentage of residents.

I'm at a bit of a crossroads this summer - thought about buying a run back in my old home turf - but I'll try seeking out the pockets of "old" Sunnybank still left and leaflet dropping them after I finish culling the duds - I enjoy this life for the most part and can't imagine reinventing myself as a 63 year old (but I still have my installation disks of Dos 6.x if anyone needs support :lol: )

Thanks Crocster, To be honest I was just lucky that I live in a good area, and one day driving home past all the big houses with large yards is when this mowing idea dawned on me as a possibility.  If I lived somewhere like Ipswich I would never consider it.  I think location is so important I think it would be 100% worth it to drive up to 30mins away from home to work in a good area.   St Lucia is a good area and I have a few jobs there, very hilly though and can be tough to find parking if anywhere near the uni.

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:31 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Southside

Yeah, you got me thinking about those hills - Kenmore/Chapel Hills is mountain goat country too - and breathless hot in summer - the one I had that stands out in my mind after all these years is 2 Kobada Street Taringa - Google street view doesn't do it justice - no SP mowers for me in those days but 20 year old legs and 2 pots at the Royal Exchange hotel at the end of the day made up for it  :P

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:53 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales