• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic
Brett1959
Brett1959

• Lawn Club Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello All - New Member - Brett

Hello all, Just joined and very keen to start my own Lawn Mowing Business up. I am giving up my Desk job (Engineering/ Logistics) and going out on my own, we are also moving to a new area for the sea change thing, no more Trains :) .  This is a big step for me as I am older (57) and have been in my job for over 30 years. 

This is a great site,  Already I have gained lots of information. 

I am currently in Melb (Seaford Area) moving to East Gippsland area,  my Target Customers will be  Older Retirees then look at Rentals etc.   Happy to take suggestions etc. 

I have 8 months to plan and commence "Operation Lawns" . 

Look out for my dumb questions. 

Thanks for letting me join.

Cheers

Brett         

Posted 10 January 2018 - 06:57 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Gday Brett You will absolutely love not working for the man and doing your own thing. The fact your 57 will work out to your advantage imho, you,ll have done a bit more life and wont make the same mistakes a young bloke might.

Catch you around the traps  ;)

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:39 PM

Robo
Robo

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

G'day Brett

I'm 55 yo and just starting out myself, but I have had some experience as a School groundsman.

lots of good info on here.

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:51 PM

Craigg
Craigg

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Hi Brett. Welcome to the club. You will enjoy the site and what you are doing. I have just started mowing and enjoying it.
Posted 03 February 2018 - 09:22 PM

Road Runner
Road Runner

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationPerth WA
  • Business Name:She Oaks Gardening Service

Hello Brett

I started when I was 50 and have no regrets. The first summer was a bit tough though after decades in an air-conditioned office but you get used to it. Oh and when quoting on hedging jobs don't poke your face into bushes to get an idea of branch structure without first checking for wasp nests.

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:55 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales