• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic
Freo08
Freo08

• Lawn Club Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Does Our Lawn Have Lawn Grub?

For more than a year now we have been treating our lawn believing it may have lawn grub with no improvement (Yates Lawn insect control).

Brown spots continue to appear. Can anyone tell by the photos attached what the problem may be with our lawn.

We are in Fremantle WA.

Attached Files

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:11 PM

bakes
bakes

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • LocationSafety Bay, Western Australia
  • Business Name:Rockingham Mobile Mowing

If it is always in the same spots and is being watered you might want to try 200ml of dishwashing liquid in a 9 litre watering can and apply once a week for 6 weeks.

It could possibly be dry spots and the dishwashing liquid acts as a wetting agent and allows the water to pass through which also allows the root system to go deeper and get stronger which will encourage better stronger surface coverage.

This is only one of many possible causes, without knowing what pre-treatment was used before laying your turf.

Posted 15 January 2018 - 12:29 AM

john22
john22

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Northside

I take it the op is a home owner and that’s his personal lawn. It looks like dog urine burn to me, but could also be a fungal infection or lawn beetle.
Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:22 AM

bakes
bakes

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • LocationSafety Bay, Western Australia
  • Business Name:Rockingham Mobile Mowing

I take it the op is a home owner and that’s his personal lawn. It looks like dog urine burn to me, but could also be a fungal infection or lawn beetle.

That was my first thought.

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:48 AM

Lawn Stabber
Lawn Stabber

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationBrisbane
  • Business Name:Lawn Rescue Squad

If it was army worm or African black beetle the leaf and stolons wouldn’t be there. Looks more like dollar spot
Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:34 AM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales