6 replies to this topic
Isaac an Sammy
Isaac an Sammy

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Business Name:Woody's Cuts

Broken Window.

So I get a call from the real estate yesterday saying there is a cracked window at one of the properties we do.

She asked how I would like to proceed... I told her I would like to go check out the window and ill go from there.

I went to have a look at the window. it's about 2m from where the grass is with no rocks there 

Clearly, it had been cracked. the new tenant mentioned it was fine Tuesday (we mowed Monday)

I called back the real estate and she said she had photos of the old tenant saying it was broken on the 18th December (meanwhile it was the 18th January yesterday)

I asked her to send them thru and I called the old tenant. 

Now I'm confused.. the new tenant says it was fine Tuesday (which it wasn't clearly) and they have taken a month to inform me of any issues.

we have mowed there the 6/12 29/12 and the 15/1 so must have happened if it was us on the 6/12 but as they were told the 18/12 we have mowed two more times since then.

I don't care about fixing the window at all if we have broken it but a month later? when they have been told, done and exit report and put a new tenant in there? 

the owner and i have came to an arrangement about the window but so ####ed off about the whole situation 

does it look like a stone that has done it? (pic attached?) 

Attached Files

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:46 AM

bakes
bakes

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationSafety Bay, Western Australia
  • Business Name:Rockingham Mobile Mowing

Broken Window.

The dreaded smashed window saga continues, welcome to mowing, the lawn mower man always get blamed, before I argue about it I go and have a look and out of 3 windows, I know I did one only, I then work out the mow value and then ring a mate and get him to replace the window, sometimes easier than arguing and in over 10 years I've only had 3 to replace.

The mowing has easily covered it.

I don't care if they think they had a win by scamming me, I still mow the same lawn and have no guilt when its time to raise the cost of the mow. 

Posted 19 January 2018 - 03:45 PM

Macka
Macka

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Broken Window.

If your not 100% sure it was from your work, never except responsibility.

It really could have come from across the road from any of the 3 houses or a kid throwing stones or playing with a sling shot.

If there are no witness to the indecent there is no one to blame or have a claim against. dates mean nothing they are not evidence of the event.  My Insurance Company has informed me to never except responsibility.  Even if you witness damage just pass it on to them they will sort it out what percentage each party is liable for.    EG a rock on the lawn from the garden beds shouldn't be there and is partly or all the the owners fault. 

Posted 19 January 2018 - 05:01 PM

Eighty eight
Eighty eight

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Broken Window.

Pay and move on boy not worth argue over
Posted 20 January 2018 - 09:42 AM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS
  • Business Name:Grasshoppers

Broken Window.

yep, pay and move on not worth getting a property manager off side. You look after them, they look after you.

Posted 20 January 2018 - 05:29 PM

bakes
bakes

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationSafety Bay, Western Australia
  • Business Name:Rockingham Mobile Mowing

Broken Window.

It happened again yesterday, tally is now 4

Attached File  IMG_6905.jpg   74.4KB   1 downloads

Attached File  IMG_6906.jpg   67.37KB   1 downloads

Not happy, but it is what it is

Posted 11 February 2018 - 01:30 PM

CGAHS
CGAHS

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • LocationJervis Bay NSW

Broken Window.

bugger - l've had one in 28 years

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:30 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales