Smokey

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Locationsydney
  • Business Name:Adam's landscaping & lawn maintenance

The Weather Channel

well its my first day off due to wet weather since june. its been raining non stop since 5 am yesterday.

my rain dance must have worked lol

Posted 26 February 2018 - 06:01 AM

Macka
Macka

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

The Weather Channel

5 lawn then it rain, so went home and spent $700 online stocking up on parts.  the grass is gunna boom now

Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:10 PM

Smokey
Smokey

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Locationsydney

The Weather Channel

5 lawn then it rain, so went home and spent $700 online stocking up on parts.  the grass is gunna boom now

Sure is mate weve had 70mm and the dust bowls have started to sprout
Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:28 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Southside

The Weather Channel

Don't know about you other Brisbanites but this is my first day of mowing this week - got all dressed up Monday and went out to find a pond in the first job's back yard - and the next - downhill from there so I packed up and went for a Vietnamese Banh Mi and home.

Gives you time to think which is good - about the 100+/hr thread and others in relation to my business - the phone still rang because it's growing like stink and, with that in mind and the fact I don't really need extra work at the moment, I got 2 of my best ever quotes approved - even this old croc may be closing on the magic figure - just got to mow the bl00dy things now  :)

Posted 08 March 2018 - 07:32 AM

Steve35
Steve35

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

The Weather Channel

Today was my second day of mowing of the week and it was pretty heavy going.

Looks like we may get a dryish week next week but maybe not for long as there are some systems developing that could bring a lot more rain to Queensland by the end of next week. 

We have had over 300mm here in 2 weeks and the ground is saturated, even had a couple of cancelations as a result.

I can't see me earning $100+/hr atm with the lawns this long and thick.

Posted 08 March 2018 - 04:27 PM

biggles
biggles

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationBrisbane northside

The Weather Channel

Don't know about you other Brisbanites but this is my first day of mowing this week - got all dressed up Monday and went out to find a pond in the first job's back yard - and the next - downhill from there so I packed up and went for a Vietnamese Banh Mi and home.

Gives you time to think which is good - about the 100+/hr thread and others in relation to my business - the phone still rang because it's growing like stink and, with that in mind and the fact I don't really need extra work at the moment, I got 2 of my best ever quotes approved - even this old croc may be closing on the magic figure - just got to mow the bl00dy things now  :)

The ground is saturated also on Brissy north side. Great to see everything green again. My second day mowing this week.

Posted 08 March 2018 - 04:56 PM

spongy buffalo
spongy buffalo

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationWestern Sydney

The Weather Channel

Feels a bit like wicked tuna here now, the season has just started but will end in about 6-8 weeks, and you have to get everything you can
Posted 08 March 2018 - 05:00 PM

Smokey
Smokey

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Locationsydney

The Weather Channel

Feels a bit like wicked tuna here now, the season has just started but will end in about 6-8 weeks, and you have to get everything you can

Same here mate its crazy for us at the moment but gota make hay while the sun shines lol
Posted 08 March 2018 - 05:06 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts

The Weather Channel

The ground is saturated also on Brissy north side. Great to see everything green again. My second day mowing this week.

Yep I'd much rather dance around the puddles and showers than breath dust - lawns looking like lawns again

Posted 08 March 2018 - 05:20 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts

The Weather Channel

I can't see me earning $100+/hr atm with the lawns this long and thick.

They're too long and too wet to mulch so I've been catching all of them so far - knocks the hourly rate down a bit - I've been using a 216D and rediscovering what's to like about them - catches like a demon - and light to use -  much lighter on fuel than the 217 too - if it mulches near as well as the 217 might be a difficult decision coming up.

Posted 08 March 2018 - 05:30 PM

plucka
plucka

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Inner SW

The Weather Channel

Don't know about you other Brisbanites but this is my first day of mowing this week -

You must be getting soft Croc, either that or you got a lot more rain than I did.  I've worked every day this week although yesterday was only from 3pm and Monday was a half day.  Only 2 jobs behind schedule, I'm so busy I can't afford a day off.  As for mulching, of the 20 I've done this week so far I've bagged 1 :)

Posted 08 March 2018 - 06:03 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts

The Weather Channel

You must be getting soft Croc, either that or you got a lot more rain than I did.  I've worked every day this week although yesterday was only from 3pm and Monday was a half day.  Only 2 jobs behind schedule, I'm so busy I can't afford a day off.  As for mulching, of the 20 I've done this week so far I've bagged 1 :)

Don't know how the totals compare but it fell down pre dawn monday - then just enough every day to keep it soggy - even today I was putting ruts in some lawns on the turns - I don't have a full time load so it's not so stressful getting behind - I'll work saturday and few extras next week and I'll be caught up - weather permitting  :blush:

Posted 08 March 2018 - 06:36 PM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS
  • Business Name:Grasshoppers

The Weather Channel

Attached File  1521587180782.jpg   28.75KB   0 downloads

Didn't get much of a break over summer this year and looks like an early start to "silly season".

This is after 3 weeks, its normally not like this to late April early May. 

Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:47 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts

The Weather Channel

So silly season is high rainfall/fast growth?

I just made the mistake of checking the BOM forecast for Brisbane next week - 30 fookin plus all week - in the last week of March - you were right Plucka!

Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:41 PM

Colsy
Colsy

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • LocationWestern Suburbs, Melbourne

The Weather Channel

Not much happening down here in Melbs, hasnt rained properly in two mths now. Cant recall watering our lawns at home in years but had to this week.

Posted 22 March 2018 - 08:25 PM

plucka
plucka

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Inner SW

The Weather Channel

I just made the mistake of checking the BOM forecast for Brisbane next week - 30 fookin plus all week - in the last week of March - you were right Plucka!

Yeah, seems Autumn is the new summer now.    

Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:45 AM

Colsy
Colsy

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • LocationWestern Suburbs, Melbourne

The Weather Channel

Not much happening down here in Melbs, hasnt rained properly in two mths now. Cant recall watering our lawns at home in years but had to this week.

Nice bit of rain here over the last few days.

Posted 26 March 2018 - 02:08 PM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS
  • Business Name:Grasshoppers

The Weather Channel

Yes mate. We have dry summers here and decent rain the rest of the year.

Posted 26 March 2018 - 02:34 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts

The Weather Channel

I started this thread on January 23rd b!tching about the drought here in Brisvegas and how hard life was - yada yada - so I feel a bit sheepish having a whinge about the rain, heat and humidity now and for the last month or so - but I'm gunna do it anyway -

on balance now that I've experienced both climates in recent times, I'll take the dry - couch stays thin, everything mulches, you can set a schedule and expect to stick to it, you only need one or two shirts a day - I'll just buy some masks and harden the faaark up  :lol:

now if someone would just tell Huey summer is over........

Posted 26 March 2018 - 04:36 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,859 posts
  • LocationDarwin
  • Business Name:Drews Lawns

The Weather Channel

Ya oughta try it up here Humidity is wonderful LOL

Posted 26 March 2018 - 04:43 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales