crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,135 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Southside

Tool Reviews On Youtube By Ave

With a lot of the tool reviews on there they may as well  read the glossy brochure out - not this guy - when he's finished with a tool it's just a bunch of bits on the benchtop and every piece has been examined and the engineering quality has been assessed and explained for what the tool is designed to do - I just bought one of these Ridgid/AEG impact drivers (but not the fluid impact model he reviews below) and it seems l lucked onto a decent tool :-

He waffles a bit at the beginning so the teardown starts about 5:00

I'm going to send him some feedback and see if he'll do a teardown on some Ego 56v gear.

Posted 11 February 2018 - 06:36 AM

Fred
Fred

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationBayside Melb

Listen to the waffle !  it aint waffle.

Its been going on here for ever with used car warranties & its now getting ramped up to just about everything else.

They make it so difficult & time consuming to make a warranty claim, in the hope that you'll just give up.

Ive had my first Ego battery fail (its 9mths old, its my first fail, I have 8 batteries, some close to 16mths old now so can't really complain) & am in the process of making a warranty claim.

1. phone call to EGO

2. fill in warranty form and attach copy of receipt

3. no reply, so follow up phone call and re send email

4. drop off battery to nearest service outlet and have been advised replacement could take 5 days.

The outlet that I was directed to was not the place of purchase, yet I could not return it there.

My wife had to return it, not for a direct replacement, even though Ego had approved the claim.

We now have to wait to be informed on its arrival so we can pick it up.

Not terrible service but we haven't received the battery yet .............

Sometimes Bunnings don't look that bad, hey ?

Cheers Fred.

Ps, hope he takes u up with an Ego review   B)

Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:31 AM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,135 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Southside

Sorry to hear of your warranty troubles with Ego Fred - and, according to the QLD Ego rep, that is definitely not company policy when dealing with commercial users - you are being treated as a privateer - I had a battery fail about 3 months in - I bought from a mainly trade supplier up here called Trade Tools (they put on the Ego demo that John22, Plucka and Steve35 attended) -

I called Trade Tools to report it and got the same runaround you're getting - I thought this can't be right so I rang the Ego state rep and explained - he said "just go down to Trade Tools tomorrow morning with your invoice and they'll give you a straight swap - I'm ringing the store manager now to make sure he and all his staff understand our policy with commercial users"

Next morning, new battery 5 mins - I'm happy call him on your behalf if you'd like - ask him to sort out the Victorians.

And I agree, most of what comes out of AvE's mouth is gold - and often funny as well - I added that in case someone started to watch and wondered what Croc was on about :)

Cheers

Posted 11 February 2018 - 10:25 AM

Fred
Fred

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationBayside Melb

Thanx Croc, but if I don't get a satisfactory outcome, I have the Vic reps number as I went to a demo day down here.

The Australian head quarters is only 10-15kms down the road.

Cheers Fred

Posted 11 February 2018 - 07:43 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales