AndoTheMando
AndoTheMando

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Business Name:ultimate property services

Safety Glasses

Hey there crew,

what do you guys wear for safety glasses ?

Ive been looking around and tried a few different models ,but they don't seem to give me good protection when I'm on the whipper !

I need something tinted , wrap around and a full size lens

Whatcha got ?

Posted 02 April 2018 - 09:12 PM

Macka
Macka

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Safety Glasses

I use prescription sunniness they are good and have a wide arms for side protection.

I also wear a hard hat with a mesh face shield if there is a danger of anything flying.

Posted 02 April 2018 - 10:03 PM

Smokey
Smokey

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Locationsydney
  • Business Name:Adam's landscaping & lawn maintenance

Safety Glasses

Ando have a look at bunnings i get mine from the power tool section.

There polarised safety glasses. but ive also picked up glasses from work wear shops and my local mower shop in the past.
Posted 03 April 2018 - 01:55 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Southside

Safety Glasses

I've found it's worthwhile spending some time at Bunnings or, in my state Trade Tools and trying on all the pairs in your price range - they all seem to have UV protection so you're after fit on your face, particularly the length of the side arms and how they grip your noggin so they don't slide forward on your nose when you're looking down whipping - also look for a good close fit under your eyes otherwise you can be sure bits of sand and crud are going to get underneath and into your eyes sooner or later - I avoid any product in that f@cking blister packaging for this reason - you've got to try them on - I've never paid more than about $20 for a pair and have in the ute a pair of tints for sunny weather and a pair of clears for low light 

Posted 03 April 2018 - 03:38 PM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS
  • Business Name:Grasshoppers

Safety Glasses

I use the 3M ones that are designed to go over glasses. (avil at Bunnings)

Posted 03 April 2018 - 05:39 PM

Mattie
Mattie

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Business Name:Oasis lawns & gardens

Safety Glasses

I wear these oxleys 5 squared they fit snug on my face and are super tough . Got two pair scripted .

Attached Files

Posted 03 April 2018 - 05:45 PM

CGAHS
CGAHS

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • LocationJervis Bay NSW

Safety Glasses

l buy bulk lots of Bulldog by Cordova glasses online, tried them all over the years & these seem to be the least likely to fog up whilst offering full protection...and cheap while effective

https://www.signet.n...y-glasses-smoke

Posted 03 April 2018 - 08:26 PM

scorpNZ
scorpNZ

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Business Name:CDL

Safety Glasses

Anything that's poly carb as they're all 100 % uv protection,ok would you settle for 99 %.However you have to try them on as any amount of gap anywhere you'll get somth'n coming inside (more so for weedeating,that stuff can be fine debris or small stones).So as tight a fit as poss unless you go silicone goggles

Posted 04 April 2018 - 02:25 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales