Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS
  • Business Name:Grasshoppers

Each (A Service Provider)

I've been approached by another service provider called Each.

First talk seemed interesting even though the hrly rate is very low at 40. (may be ways around that as we all know)

They tell me they will give me a full days work every week and even book the work in for me and give me a weeks notice. More days if I want it.

Now I know you lot will laugh at me doing a full days work...I may have to hire an offsider..

Q is. Is or has any one done work for this mob and how have you found them?

Posted 07 June 2018 - 06:16 PM

CGAHS
CGAHS

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • LocationJervis Bay NSW

a full days work encompassing what & where?

Posted 07 June 2018 - 07:46 PM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS

a full days work encompassing what & where?

They do the normal things but I'm just after mowing and rubbish removals.

I'm not sure what you mean by where? 

Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:18 PM

CGAHS
CGAHS

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • LocationJervis Bay NSW

how far way the jobs will be.....

Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:06 PM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS

how far way the jobs will be.....

Furthest ill travel is 20 minutes in either direction on any given day. For eg every 3rd Wednesday I travel 15min South to Sheffield and do my Sheffield day. Every 3rd week ill travel 20min west to Ulverstone. Every other day I'm in Devonport.  Remember im not in the big smoke and don't have the endless sea of suburbs that allot of you guys do.

Devonport is the biggest centre in my area and has a pop of about 30k, so getting from one end of town to another is no more than 5 mins on a bad day.

Im guessing they just group the jobs in the town they are in so im not driving 20min here and 15 mins there. Although they do pay klm travelled as well.

Posted 10 June 2018 - 09:38 AM

CGAHS
CGAHS

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • LocationJervis Bay NSW

Furthest ill travel is 20 minutes in either direction on any given day. For eg every 3rd Wednesday I travel 15min South to Sheffield and do my Sheffield day. Every 3rd week ill travel 20min west to Ulverstone. Every other day I'm in Devonport.  They group the jobs so they are all the same town. Remember im not in the big smoke and don't have the endless sea of suburbs that allot of you guys do.

Devonport is the biggest centre in my area and has a pop of about 30k, so getting from one end of town to another is no more than 5 mins on a bad day.

sounds good if the money is what you normally hope for..........haha, the population here is 452  :) Devonport is roughly the size of our nearest regional centre Nowra

Posted 10 June 2018 - 09:46 AM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS

sounds good if the money is what you normally hope for..........haha, the population here is 452  :) Devonport is roughly the size of our nearest regional centre Nowra

haha, 1700 in my town, hence why I work in Devonport..lol

Money is pretty crap at $40. But may help to fund a OS trip next year.

Posted 10 June 2018 - 11:56 AM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS

OK finally got the Go ahead and first jobs. Im guessing they were waiting for the new financial year. 

I did have to get another police check through a third party. Cost was about $50....Tax deductable but still....

Had a ph call today to see what days I may be available this week. I said Thursday and they talked me into Wednesday and Thursday. Received Wednesdays job sheet via email at about 3pm with clients names, ph numbers and jobs. Good run sheet in regard to addresses and 30min spacing between each job. 5 jobs all up.

Meant to receive Thursdays job sheet tomorrow afternoon.

Came in handy as its bloody cold here atm so ive got bugger all on work wise.

Posted 03 July 2018 - 05:23 PM

darren
darren

• Lawn Club Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I see they are a charity, so that is kinda of nice, obviously you'd probably rather work for an outfit paying more, but still kinda nice.

Posted 07 July 2018 - 08:14 PM

Mattie
Mattie

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Business Name:Oasis lawns & gardens

Sounds like they are doing Ndis work , I would be telling them that lawns are charged at going rate $60 whatever and that they need to book it as 1.5 hours work for each job. I have same thing happen here I just send bill with 2hrs at $40 for lawn quoted $80 even though it takes two of us just 25 mins.
Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:21 PM

Mattie
Mattie

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Yep it’s government funded from the point where the client pays about $11.60 odd per hour. Government expect people to work for 43 bucks an hour ex gst and they don’t take into account machinery or running costs. Just waged really.
Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:26 PM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS

Sounds like they are doing Ndis work , I would be telling them that lawns are charged at going rate $60 whatever and that they need to book it as 1.5 hours work for each job. I have same thing happen here I just send bill with 2hrs at $40 for lawn quoted $80 even though it takes two of us just 25 mins.

They tell me how long I can stay for. I cannot go over. Usually not there the full hr.

Client pays $8 per hr. (I don't collect it)

I was doing $60 hrs for a another service provider and have found im down to one client from them. They don't like my rate and due to having the one with them wont back track on it- fk em. Unfortunately plenty of operators are happy with $35 hrs.

Its worked out well so far. Had 3 full days work off them (would of been 4 but the day rained out). Runs have been set up well with 30min between each booking. I tend to ring the client and ask if they mind me turning up a little early so that puts me well in front time wise. Works out to 4 to 5 jobs each day (prefer 4 as an 8:30 start was a bit uncivilized- I had to set an alarm for the first time in a long while), So $200-$250 on days I had nothing on with all organisation done by them. 

Im able to charge clients tip fees, if a run is required as well, so thats a little cream on top as i only paid one tip fee all last finantial year. Earnt an additional $20 the other day due to that and only did the one run. The boys at the tip are dead set legends.

Posted 15 July 2018 - 06:22 PM

Mattie
Mattie

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Sounds like it’s a good gig for you lucky , extra coin over winter is a bonus for lawnys that’s for sure .
Plus you doing a good service for people in need .
Posted 16 July 2018 - 12:57 AM

plucka
plucka

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Inner SW

I do some work with a similar mob here in Brisbane, funded by the state gov- services for the elderly etc.  They don't dictate rates they just pay what I quote.  Just one regular with them at the moment, $75 mow, 40min job.  I do have to chase up payment almost every invoice though.

Posted 16 July 2018 - 07:34 AM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales