• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic
Hedger
Hedger

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Ego Warranty

Well if just received my hedger trimmer back in pieces and my self propelled mower still with the same fault that it had when it went in for repair still under apparently a 12 month commercial warranty.
I was provided these products as new demo products. In return for these products I was to review them online and provide You Tube reviews. I also had Ego signage on trucks for advertising for the the Ego brand. On top of this I also provide them with my Intellectual property with detailed information of my in car charging systems. At no time did I consider my time to be worth nothing as this apparent failure to honour warranty reflects.
I was asked by Ego to work with Ego tools and provide social media links solely to Ego, which I was not prepared to do as I believe there are better commercial cordless tools on the market that are designed for contractors. I believe that they haven't honoured the agreement.
Do I have time to go to consumer affairs or just chuck it in the bin??

Attached Files

Posted 27 June 2018 - 01:28 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationDarwin
  • Business Name:Drews Lawns

Ego Warranty

Cant recall seeing any videos, You Tube or otherwise with Ego products done by Hedger, unless they were done under another name?  But surely not, everyone here is upfront about who they are, arnt they. lol.

“You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.” Abraham Lincoln 

Posted 27 June 2018 - 02:26 PM

Hedger
Hedger

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Ego Warranty

Cant recall seeing any videos, You Tube or otherwise with Ego products done by Hedger, unless they were done under another name?  But surely not, everyone here is upfront about who they are, arnt they. lol.

“You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.” Abraham Lincoln [/size]

I preferred to be under cover and did not like the questioning who are you? I guess my cover is blown lol I'm still not sure why it bothered you who I was?
Posted 27 June 2018 - 02:55 PM

Macka
Macka

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Ego Warranty

Just invioce them for all your time if you think they haven't honoured the agreement. 

Posted 27 June 2018 - 04:32 PM

Road Runner
Road Runner

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationPerth WA
  • Business Name:She Oaks Gardening Service

Ego Warranty

Bin and save yourself the aggravation. Pity though as the missus (aka Chardonnay Cheryl) has been whinging about how heavy the Stihl was and I was thinking of getting her an Ego for Xmas. Ah well looks like Santa will be getting her a new wheelbarrow instead even though they are a bugger to wrap and take up a lot of room under the tree.  

Posted 27 June 2018 - 05:54 PM

john22
john22

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Northside

Ego Warranty

Donate it to 88 or throw it in the bin Scott lol.
Posted 28 June 2018 - 10:30 AM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,206 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Southside

Ego Warranty

Bin and save yourself the aggravation. Pity though as the missus (aka Chardonnay Cheryl) has been whinging about how heavy the Stihl was and I was thinking of getting her an Ego for Xmas. Ah well looks like Santa will be getting her a new wheelbarrow instead even though they are a bugger to wrap and take up a lot of room under the tree.  

I wouldn't let Hedger's experience necessarily put you off RR - it wasn't a straightforward case as far as warranty goes -

I took the plunge and bought the blower, chainsaw, brushless hedger and multi tool with pole saw, hedger, whipper and blade edger last september - so far I'm well pleased with it -

BUT, there's no way I'm using it at a full commercial workload (except for the blower) - most of my jobs are mowing with an occasional bit of gardening for existing mowing clients - maybe 10% of my time - so I could never financially justify kitting myself out with Husqvarna or even Stihl battery gear - the Ego gear is at a price/quality point IMO which will satisfy my needs and give good life and value for money

The other warranty issues reported on here are definitely a concern tho - I'll see what happens when I need repairs or wty  and decide then whether I'd ever purchase again - it's such an active area of product development that Ego won't have their price point to themselves for long I reckon.

Posted 28 June 2018 - 11:20 AM

Hedger
Hedger

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Ego Warranty

I wouldn't let Hedger's experience necessarily put you off RR - it wasn't a straightforward case as far as warranty goes -

I took the plunge and bought the blower, chainsaw, brushless hedger and multi tool with pole saw, hedger, whipper and blade edger last september - so far I'm well pleased with it -

BUT, there's no way I'm using it at a full commercial workload (except for the blower) - most of my jobs are mowing with an occasional bit of gardening for existing mowing clients - maybe 10% of my time - so I could never financially justify kitting myself out with Husqvarna or even Stihl battery gear - the Ego gear is at a price/quality point IMO which will satisfy my needs and give good life and value for money

The other warranty issues reported on here are definitely a concern tho - I'll see what happens when I need repairs or wty  and decide then whether I'd ever purchase again - it's such an active area of product development that Ego won't have their price point to themselves for long I reckon.

Hey Croc , my tools were supposed to receive 12months warranty so to me it is straightforward.The mob who covers warranty here is a car audio shop.I'm not here to put anyone off just letting people know the lack of support from Ego. If you take an Ozito tool back to Bunnings with a fault they swap it over no problem, I also know of a member who had problems with AEG tools and I'm pretty had no issues getting it fixed.
Posted 28 June 2018 - 04:11 PM

Fred
Fred

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBayside Melb

Ego Warranty

Hi Scott, (now its out there .... lol).
Just wondering what happened to the you pay the labor, we'll pay the parts deal ?
Ive got a bit of a theory with all this battery gear that as of yet, there may not be that many ppl capable of fixing it ? or its just uneconomical ?

If you have a read on the other channel you'll find there are quite a few that arnt that happy with both Stihl & Husky battery gear, both performance & after sales service.

Anyhow, thanx for being one of the ppl who brought battery gear to our attention, no matter what brand.
Its def the way of the future & it is a hands down winner for MY applications but, it maynot be for everyone, at least not yet.

Everyone needs to do their own research.

Cheers Fred.
Posted 28 June 2018 - 06:56 PM

john22
john22

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Ego Warranty

Hey Fred, I’m qualified in small engines as most know but I haven’t been active since the mid 90’s. I also am very experienced with 12 volt electrical in cars and caravans. Looking at battery equipment the only thing that will make it fail is water and or dust ingress. The Victa gear I have has proved itself but has no protection from the elements. Big changes are about to happen in the industry in the next few months.
Posted 29 June 2018 - 01:00 PM

Grae
Grae

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationIn Melbourne getting ready for hibernation

Ego Warranty

…Big changes are about to happen in the industry in the next few months.

please expand, don't leave us wondering!

Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:20 PM

I remember what I'd forgotten but can't remember why I needed to

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,206 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Southside

Ego Warranty

Possible contenders to Ego's price/quality point for battery OPE? - Victa, Masport, Rover, Ryobi, Bosch? - Honda is strangely silent in this space? - but they'd be up in the Stihl/Husky range anyway I'd imagine.

Posted 29 June 2018 - 08:02 PM

Grae
Grae

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Ego Warranty

I'll start a rumour…

Tesla OPE launches soon  ;)

Posted 29 June 2018 - 08:11 PM

CGAHS
CGAHS

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • LocationJervis Bay NSW

Ego Warranty

Hey Fred, I’m qualified in small engines as most know but I haven’t been active since the mid 90’s. I also am very experienced with 12 volt electrical in cars and caravans. Looking at battery equipment the only thing that will make it fail is water and or dust ingress. The Victa gear I have has proved itself but has no protection from the elements. Big changes are about to happen in the industry in the next few months.

l would imagine the weak points will be crappy PCB's primarily and crappy gears/drives in all the domestic stuff (Ego, victa etc) and would hope the stihl/husky is made to a better price point.....time will tell but judging by a lot of US forum posts l think l'll bide my time yet

Posted 29 June 2018 - 08:29 PM

Grae
Grae

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Ego Warranty

US here

http://opeforum.com

or do you follow others

Posted 29 June 2018 - 09:13 PM

john22
john22

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Ego Warranty

Many of the well known manufacturers are about to launch a battery range for commercial operators. Not sure about Honda though, they spent all the time pushing their 4 stroke trimmers ect and got left behind. I don’t own a single 2 stroke tool anymore, I had to sell perfectly good equipment for a poor price to be rid of it. Not concerned about the Victa gear I use, it’s no Husqvarna but it does the job and it does it well.
Posted 30 June 2018 - 07:34 AM

CGAHS
CGAHS

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • LocationJervis Bay NSW

Ego Warranty

US here

http://opeforum.com

or do you follow others

l'm on a few Grae, this is the best https://www.lawnsite.com/, also on  https://www.mylawnmowerforum.com/ ,  https://www.lawnmowerforum.com/forum.php? , https://www.mytractorforum.com/   and a great Aussie resource for tech advice is https://www.outdoorking.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forum_summary.html

Posted 30 June 2018 - 10:13 AM

spongy buffalo
spongy buffalo

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationWestern Sydney

Ego Warranty

Reset over spam
Posted 20 July 2018 - 10:12 AM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales