• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic
ABCDEFG
ABCDEFG

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Shindaiwa Multi Tools - Allpower

Am Interested in what others think about this. Shindaiwa are no longer manufacturing the m230 power head because of the new model, the attachents are not reverse compatible. This means when your m230 power head dies and isnt under waranty all the attachments are useless.

To add to this Allpowers new Australian distributers - Briggs and Stratton are taking a long time to supply dearlers with stock, you cant even get the new m262s.

I like Shindaiwa products but unsure of wether to get the new model and all the new attachments or go to another brand.
Posted 18 September 2018 - 12:12 PM

CGAHS
CGAHS

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • LocationJervis Bay NSW

from memory they also fit other brands - try asking here http://www.indmowing...forum/forum.php

Posted 18 September 2018 - 02:02 PM

Road Runner
Road Runner

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationPerth WA
  • Business Name:She Oaks Gardening Service

I was in my local shop the other day looking for some Shindaiwa gear and they have no idea when they will be getting more  stock. They had plenty of Honda stuff at a good price  so I went 4 stroke. Bit heavy but I figure I'll just get even musclier. If my local shop isn't in the loop about stock availability then it really puts you off.

Posted 18 September 2018 - 03:28 PM

scorpNZ
scorpNZ

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationNZ
  • Business Name:CDL

Fingers crossed man .There's nothing to p.iss you off more than discontinued products

Posted 22 September 2018 - 10:18 AM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Southside

Someone on another forum said Allpower is no more? - gone 3 months ago? - said GA Spares is handling SupaSwift now - not sure about Shindaiwa - but their website is still up - all a bit puzzling.

Posted 22 September 2018 - 10:48 AM

Gipps
Gipps

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSouth Eastern Melbourne

Re: Allpower, I heard that rumor months ago but my local Shindy dealer would not confirm it.

Another dealer selling Gravely has been discounting all their ZTR range since Feb.18.

He also wouldn't give up any info.

Posted 22 September 2018 - 11:32 AM

Stefanovich
Stefanovich

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationPerth

My dealer was saying Briggs is having its own computer problems and until they have that sorted they can ship the shindaiwa products out

Not good when spring has started and people will be looking at buying new equipment

Posted 23 September 2018 - 12:18 AM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales