didgee
didgee

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
  • Business Name:Lawns Lagunas

Neighbours

With all this new Honda gear, I know its only a matter of time before my neighbour asks if he can borrow my pole trimmer or hedge trimmer. He won't pay me to do it.

What do you guys do in this case?

Posted 07 October 2018 - 03:01 PM

CGAHS
CGAHS

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • LocationJervis Bay NSW

Neighbours

tell him very firmly that you don't lend your work tools to anyone - it's your income at stake if he f**ks them

Posted 07 October 2018 - 03:35 PM

AndoTheMando
AndoTheMando

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationWestern Sydney
  • Business Name:ultimate property services

Neighbours

three things will send you broke in Business...

Neighbors ,Friends and Family ..lol

Never lend equipment .. 

Posted 07 October 2018 - 03:51 PM

B.L.T.H ....Brake late, Turn hard

Fred
Fred

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • LocationBayside Melb

Neighbours

Old sayin, never lend out your wife or your tools, they'll both come back in the same condition!

Cheers Fred

Posted 07 October 2018 - 04:07 PM

didgee
didgee

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
  • Business Name:Lawns Lagunas

Neighbours

Old sayin, never lend out your wife or your tools, they'll both come back in the same condition!

Cheers Fred

screwed?

Posted 07 October 2018 - 04:30 PM

scorpNZ
scorpNZ

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Neighbours

Concur & i do refuse neighbors. Ask any mower shop how often they get repairs from somebody who loaned somth'n .Could tell some horror stories of new mowers coming back seized 2 & 4 stroke. I re-rung an old victa 550 even put new bearings in it. Loaned it to my brother (who knows about motors & knows to use 2 stroke fuel mix ffs he had a 2 stroke motor bike) do i need to continue. Then he got himself a new mower,after a time didn't check the oil level,i get a phone call. I had to get him a new motor & fit it. Unbelievable ! . People check their car engine oil level never their mower i kid you not.. Never ever start a 4 stroke before you have checked the oil. Then check the crank when your finished (anything wrapped around the crank will rip that seal right out especially thin fishing line & thin flax like stuff), also tells you if you have a prob with oil loss. However customers never listen then they pay the price.

Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:56 AM

Smokey
Smokey

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Locationsydney
  • Business Name:Adam's landscaping & lawn maintenance

Neighbours

i try not to do any work for neighbours. i prefer to kick back on the front deck with a coldie in hand and watch them do all the hard work on a Friday arvo ha ha.

Posted 10 October 2018 - 02:49 PM

scorpNZ
scorpNZ

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Neighbours

I find it amusing when neighbours yet again strike the mower blade on the same tree root/s every weekend

Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:23 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales