Lawn Mowing Business
How To Start A Lawn Mowing Business
LAWN CLUB
the independent aussie lawn and
garden contractors community
welcoming all lawn and garden contractors and industry suppliers
Photo

Advertising Pics And Vids...

Commercial video advertising add new add new commercial new video new product new model
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic
DLD
DLD

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Business Name:LDL

G'day folks, 

Here's a thread where we can post links to commercials/videos/pictures etc of new - or old products. Here's a couple of examples...Kicking off with the skydiving EGO trimmer head commercial...

https://www.ispot.tv...immer-skydiving

then the Victa GTS commercial from 1987...

https://www.youtube....h?v=uxj1HDkyon8

And then these little green machines from 1975...

Cheers,

DLD...

Posted 07 October 2018 - 07:19 PM

scorpNZ
scorpNZ

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationNZ
  • Business Name:CDL

Those things were like the old masport ironhorse motor bulletproof. You just can't beat solid cast steel for a block none of this sleeve nonsense  edit: both were full crank & best of all the victa was roller bearing at both ends if memory serves,where as the ironhorse used needle rollers,both types of motors lasted ages. The ironhorse had a domed cast sleeve quite thick as well not like the thin sleeves we get nowadays

the mowers with the east west facing motor & white cowling

https://duckduckgo.c...mages&ia=images

Believe it or not i had two rotary motors that were for mower bodies. Got them from a transfer station when i knew somebody there. I stripped one down for scrap not sure about the other one,it maybe in my engine graveyard somewhere. The rotor was quite small about palm size give or take an inch

Posted 11 October 2018 - 03:18 PM

DB86
DB86

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Business Name:DB

G'day folks, 

And then these little green machines from 1975...

Cheers,

DLD...

I have one of those green Victa Mustang's down in the shed. It was my Grandfathers who gave it to me when he decided to buy a new one. It still runs, first pull. I love Victa 2 strokes and this is one from the old school, able to just chug along or REV it head off in a cloud of blue smoke.  :D

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:46 PM

scorpNZ
scorpNZ

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationNZ
  • Business Name:CDL

1st img is a masport premier 22" sp & slow as hell.It has a massive steal catcher which is stored in a shed & i can't get to it.Motor is a re-rung 4hp.pto out the side of sump is operated by a cable on the handle to engage the pto shaft by a lever on the sump.It works much like the victa wheels do with a one way spring to tighten or loosen..Am thinking of putting a different motor i.e old quantum so i can use a sump that is from an old 18" masport rotorola with always on pto & do away with the spring style pto.As that spring is not very strong & would wear quickly.In so doing it will be changed to a pulley on a tensioner & use a v belt instead of chain.Using the pulley's on pto & drive shafts from the rotorola

2nd img is a masport 900/4 20" variable speed hence the 2nd throttle control.Used a steel frame & fabric for a catcher.sp operates like victa would with tension pully on bracket.Mower is extremely fast a very brisk walk indeed

both mowers attach catcher on hooks,like the honda easy to get on or off not like today's garbage

Both chassis look shabby however they have been sitting in my garage getting dust,dirt & grinding debris.They will clean up ok.In other words they look worse than they actually are apart from any steel that may have rusted out i.e flap on 900/4

Attached File  22in masport sp premier.jpg   116.43KB   0 downloads

Attached File  masport 900-4 20in variable speed.jpg   128.62KB   0 downloads

edit: looks like i've been photo bombed by the jack & steel offcuts..The frame to the left with steel under it is a grinder pedastal..You can just make out the shape at it's base where it attaches the frame structure.There's 2 the other is on a similar frame & used for the drill press..Not sure what they were originally off..Came from my old garage workshop (where i worked,also met my best mate there,who still works as a mechanic tho it's diesel now for brother in law.His dad was the foreman at the garage) when i used to pretend i was a car mechanic & repair customers cars  :ph34r:  :lol:

Does this topic need to be about mowers ? Anybody want to see an old hall valve refacer & seat cutter.They're around 40 years old maybe more..The seat cutter although no good for mowers does an unbelievable job on car head seats..So dam good you don't need to lap the valves,however the lap gets done regardless.Just thought i'd mention it..The downside to using the seat grinder (oscillating head) is it takes bloody ages to do just one seat.At a guess as it's been a while about 15-20 mins longer if it's really badly pitted.Could do it faster i spose if more grinding pressure is applied however the all cast ally body gets bloody hot as it is

Posted 14 October 2018 - 12:04 PM

AndoTheMando
AndoTheMando

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationWestern Sydney
  • Business Name:ultimate property services

wow...nice old rigs !! ^^^ 

Posted 14 October 2018 - 12:10 PM

B.L.T.H ....Brake late, Turn hard

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Commercial, video, advertising, add, new add, new commercial, new video, new product, new model

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales