Colsy
Colsy

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • LocationWestern Suburbs, Melbourne

Fridge Magnets

Recently I decided to do fridge magnets rather than flyers. Yes more expensive but I am very selective about how and where i hand them out, usually I do it in the immediate vicinity of a job I have just done and then only here and there. So far it is having a much bigger hit rate than flyers. This was my thoughts on going with fridge magnets:

1. A flyer is so easy to throw in the bin whereas most people will find it, even slightly, harder to throw away a fridge magnet, so hopefully it hangs around in their house somewhere.

2. It shows a little more care and investment in your business. 

3. It does something, even if holding a bill to the fridge it has a function, whereas a flyer is really just another piece of junk mail.

4. My flyers sucked ass and the hit rate was tiny. around 1%. So far the magnets are around 10%. And its only been two weeks. 

Of course content is important too but thats another story.

Posted 09 October 2018 - 11:08 AM

markp
markp

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Fridge Magnets

So where did you get em from mate , I have been thinking of getting some magnets for the same reasons . 

Posted 09 October 2018 - 02:47 PM

Colsy
Colsy

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • LocationWestern Suburbs, Melbourne

Fridge Magnets

So where did you get em from mate , I have been thinking of getting some magnets for the same reasons . 

Well I got mine from Dynamite Printing in Melbourne, have used them for a while now. You can design it yourself online.

Posted 09 October 2018 - 02:51 PM

Gipps
Gipps

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSouth Eastern Melbourne

Fridge Magnets

Also in Melbourne, Vistaprint do fridge magnets.

Same thing you design it yourself online or get assistance.

They have a quick delivery time after ordering.

Posted 09 October 2018 - 03:05 PM

Smokey
Smokey

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Locationsydney
  • Business Name:Adam's landscaping & lawn maintenance

Fridge Magnets

yep fridge magnets are money well spent ive had great success with them. i had a lady call me 2 years after i did a letter box drop just proves that people stick them on the fridge aye.

i got mine from vista print pretty cheap from memory

Posted 10 October 2018 - 02:54 PM

didgee
didgee

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
  • Business Name:Lawns Lagunas

Fridge Magnets

Recently I decided to do fridge magnets rather than flyers. Yes more expensive but I am very selective about how and where i hand them out, usually I do it in the immediate vicinity of a job I have just done and then only here and there. So far it is having a much bigger hit rate than flyers. This was my thoughts on going with fridge magnets:

1. A flyer is so easy to throw in the bin whereas most people will find it, even slightly, harder to throw away a fridge magnet, so hopefully it hangs around in their house somewhere.

2. It shows a little more care and investment in your business. 

3. It does something, even if holding a bill to the fridge it has a function, whereas a flyer is really just another piece of junk mail.

4. My flyers sucked ass and the hit rate was tiny. around 1%. So far the magnets are around 10%. And its only been two weeks. 

Of course content is important too but thats another story.

Ive tried everything and fridge magnets are my best source of work. I actually glued them to a paper flyer and deliver in the best suburbs. Worked a treat for me.

Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:00 AM

didgee
didgee

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
  • Business Name:Lawns Lagunas

Fridge Magnets

By the way, if you need any artwork done, I'm a graphic designer as well. Can design simple magnet or brochure from $80, then have print ready for We Print It, they are well priced. https://www.weprinti...lyers-and-cards

You can get fridge magnets from 5 cents each https://www.alibaba....=fridge magnetsfrom China or around 20 cents each in Australia.

Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:25 AM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Fridge Magnets

20c is the go, give the chinese nothing and take em nowhere.

Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:37 AM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS
  • Business Name:Grasshoppers

Fridge Magnets

Ive been sticking magnets onto the back of my cards for years. Cheap and cheerful and work. 

Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:12 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales