didgee
didgee

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
  • Business Name:Lawns Lagunas

Rewards

One of my mates is a business consultant, and he told me Lawnies can improve their business by offering rewards type cards. Buy 10 lawn mows now and get the 11th free. Or introduce a friend and get a lawn mowed free. 

Anyone market like that?

I cant see someone parting with $650 to commit to 10 lawns?

Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:09 AM

scorpNZ
scorpNZ

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Rewards

A stranger is expected to trust parting with 650 in the hopes you'll turn up .What sort of wacky marketing is that  :mrgreen: 

Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:36 PM

Colsy
Colsy

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • LocationWestern Suburbs, Melbourne

Rewards

Na, I wouldnt offer anything like that, firstly, what is the advantage? Most regular customers hang around for quite a bit anyway. It also dis-empowers the customer a bit which I think many would not like.

But I definitely offer my customers other incentives. If a customer gets me a genuine quote opportunity I give them 50% off their next mow. If that quote gets me a regular gig I give them a free mow. I only offer it to select customers....not all.

Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:46 PM

AndoTheMando
AndoTheMando

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationWestern Sydney
  • Business Name:ultimate property services

Rewards

I give some of my good customers free bindi spray...cost me next to nothing...just time..

And the customer is happy and chances are they will want a bindi spray next year $ ;)

I keep spraying untill all weeds are dead.. 

Posted 11 October 2018 - 03:09 PM

B.L.T.H ....Brake late, Turn hard

spongy buffalo
spongy buffalo

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • LocationWestern Sydney

Rewards

firstly why?

im pretty confident in getting 10 more mows out of all my decent customers and  im pretty quick to hit the drop button on less than the best as well, which would be another drama.

Like colsy said, it shifts the relationship. i reckon if people have pre paid they own you a bit and if you cant fit them in one time or another you can end up on tracy grimshaws show. 

i had a referral offer when i started, it sucked though because it appealed to tight ar5es and you end up getting referrals to other tight ar5es and people miles away. Good customers are happy to refer a good service to their friends to help them, rather than for their own gain.

Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:17 PM

Colsy
Colsy

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • LocationWestern Suburbs, Melbourne

Rewards

i reckon if people have pre paid they own you a bit and if you cant fit them in one time or another you can end up on tracy grimshaws show. 

LOL....love it!

Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:59 AM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS
  • Business Name:Grasshoppers

Rewards

One mob started up here and offered a loyalty card and a free referal mow, on the radio no less. They lasted about a year.

Have a chat with them- best marketing and its free.

Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:09 PM

CGAHS
CGAHS

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • LocationJervis Bay NSW

Rewards

no rewards....just do a good job

Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:49 PM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS
  • Business Name:Grasshoppers

Rewards

One of my mates is a business consultant, and he told me Lawnies can improve their business by offering rewards type cards. Buy 10 lawn mows now and get the 11th free. Or introduce a friend and get a lawn mowed free. 

Anyone market like that?

I cant see someone parting with $650 to commit to 10 lawns?

I don't like clients paying in advance.

If you have good repour with the client then just ask them to keep you in mind when chatting with their friends and give them 4 or 5 cards. Its free and it gives you good clients who already have an idea of what you charge with the added benefit that they already trust you.

Clients often ask if your busy. Tell them your flat out but would like a couple more regular mows in the local area.

Referrals freely given are the best form of advertising. 

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:10 PM

AndoTheMando
AndoTheMando

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationWestern Sydney
  • Business Name:ultimate property services

Rewards

I go out of my way to do a great job..   it gets noticed.. I get other lawnies commenting how good my jobs look

I'm not saying I'm Mr lawnmower extraordinaire...  But as many of you guys have been saying , Referrals are the best

I get that much work offered to me through just word of mouth that I'm too scarred to Advertise.....  I cant keep up with it ...lol

Just do a great job, don't cut corners...look and work professional...and the rest takes care of its self 

Posted 12 October 2018 - 08:31 PM

B.L.T.H ....Brake late, Turn hard

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales