didgee
didgee

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationGold Coast
  • Business Name:Lawns Lagunas

Ndis

Hey any of you guys or gals NDIS Registered?

I'm doing some general gardening + painting + anything that needs doing. Full day once per week one customer with disability $45/hr $400 for the day. They handle their own funding but apparently can gets heaps of work once NDIS Registered.

I looked at the forms to fill in and sort of gave up on the idea.

Anyone got any experiences here? Is it worth it?

Posted 16 October 2018 - 03:04 PM

tomfreeman
tomfreeman

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Business Name:Toms Lawn Mowing

Ndis

Being NDIS registered is a better way to do it. The registration process isn't that difficult compared to some other organisations (Health for example)

They tell you what the hourly rate "should" be and you just work your numbers off that, for lawn mowing etc its $46.20 per hour but just charge in units (i.e 46.20 x 2 hours = $92.40)

Payment is made overnight and no chasing of payments

Posted 16 October 2018 - 03:33 PM

Macka
Macka

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Ndis

Charging more time than you spend on any of the NDIS job is a offence, there is a task force and they are not messing around the money is for disabled people that need it.  it not for contrators to steal.  the money they pay is enough

Under-servicing a Participant (charging for one hour, but only delivering 40 minutes of support)

https://www.ndis.gov...suspected-fraud

Reporting suspected fraud

The Australian Government is committed to preventing fraud against its programs and services. The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA – 'the Agency'), an Australian Government agency, is serious about preventing, detecting and dealing with fraud against the Agency and the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).

If you suspect someone may be committing fraud against the NDIA or NDIS you should report it.

What you have noticed may not be fraud, but we are still interested.
The best way to report suspected fraud is to call the Fraud Reporting Hotline on 1800 650 717.

What to report

Fraud is defined as:

Dishonestly obtaining a benefit or causing a loss by deception or other means.

We acknowledge that there are a range of behaviours that may seem suspicious, and that some of these might not be fraudulent, they might be mistakes or a misunderstanding – even if a mistake has been made, we need to hear about it so we can fix it.

We encourage you to report suspicious behaviour. Reports can be made anonymously and your rights are protected by law.

expanded.jpgWhat to report – Provider behaviour

Some examples of what you should report about Providers of supports to NDIS participants include:

Concerns about how a Provider conducts business, such as:

• Falsification of invoices
  • Having unsuitable or unqualified personnel providing services
  • Using NDIA or NDIS branding to mislead Participants
  • Providing supports without the consent of the Participant

Encouraging misuse of funds, issues with spending and/or claiming:

• Under-servicing a Participant (charging for one hour, but only delivering 40 minutes of support)
  • Altering the dates of supports provided (e.g. to a weekend) to increase the rate charged
  • Claiming for supports that were never provided
  • Charging for one-to-one rates for supports delivered to a group
  • Claiming for supports provided prior to plan approval
  • Charging unreasonable amounts/time for travel

Eligibility for registration as an NDIA Registered Provider

• Provision of misleading information in order to obtain registration status (e.g. not holding the appropriate qualifications to provide the services offered, or falsely claiming to hold a higher intensity support qualification than is held).

Misuse of Participant or Agency information

• Inappropriate use of personal information without the consent of Participant

Conflicts of interest

• Suspected collusion with other parties (e.g. involving NDIA staff, Partners in the Community etc.) to gain an advantage
  • Attempts to in inappropriately influence Participants to use services which result in a benefit to the provider.

Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:54 PM

AndoTheMando
AndoTheMando

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationWestern Sydney
  • Business Name:ultimate property services

Ndis

Its only a rort if your not in on it....(sorry,,,that was suppose to be inside voice)  ...Bad Ando :P

Posted 16 October 2018 - 09:03 PM

B.L.T.H ....Brake late, Turn hard

plucka
plucka

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Inner SW

Ndis

For $45/hr it would not be worth it to me as I charge at over twice that.  Once you take out business expenses etc $45/hr is barely minimum wage.

Posted 17 October 2018 - 05:53 AM

Macka
Macka

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Ndis

For $45/hr it would not be worth it to me as I charge at over twice that.  Once you take out business expenses etc $45/hr is barely minimum wage.

that is correct it was never ment to be a money pool, its ment to help as many as they can with the money.  making minimum wage is making a income and is not making a lose

for me i enjoy them job they are a break from the regular and are helping the community

Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:07 AM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS
  • Business Name:Grasshoppers

Ndis

I agree with Maca. Your defrauding the federal govt. Ripping off tax payer money and depleting the money pool that could help others.

I do some work for a community care org for only $40 an hr.

Its good fill in work but your run should not be based on it

Posted 17 October 2018 - 11:08 AM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Ndis

I worked for an organization who paid peanuts per hour ($45) BUT they told you how many hours the job was worth. 

Job 1 is 45/hour but it,s a 2 hour job (according to them) i think they base it on what a homeowner would take but due to expertise and equipment i didnt take anything like that. 

As for defrauding the Feds,  do you all declare every cent you earn??? 

Posted 17 October 2018 - 11:50 AM

didgee
didgee

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

Ndis

Well I thought $45 per hour was ok. As a newbie I'm happy to take it. My days are not full.

Just did a lawn job 2 hours for $65 and they wanted the palms tree seeds removed at no charge. He made a big and song and dance when I wanted $20 for it. Said "can't I just borrow your pole saw". FFS felt like ramming my pole saw up his a#ss!!

As a drug rep I was bringing home around $1600 per week. That included a $20K car allowance.

Putting up with heaps of politics and ####. If I could do that mowing lawns I'd be very happy man.

Posted 17 October 2018 - 01:32 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Ndis

Well if you work these hours

''the averge home owner mows 20  times a year,   5 years is 100 lawns.

A contractor mower can do 100 lawns in a week''

100 x $70=$7000 per week x 26 (half a year) = $182,000 , you,ll be doing nicely.  ;)

Posted 17 October 2018 - 01:55 PM

biggles
biggles

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationBrisbane northside

Ndis

Well I thought $45 per hour was ok. As a newbie I'm happy to take it. My days are not full.
Just did a lawn job 2 hours for $65 and they wanted the palms tree seeds removed at no charge. He made a big and song and dance when I wanted $20 for it. Said "can't I just borrow your pole saw". FFS felt like ramming my pole saw up his a#ss!!
As a drug rep I was bringing home around $1600 per week. That included a $20K car allowance.
Putting up with heaps of politics and ####. If I could do that mowing lawns I'd be very happy man.

Of course it’s a dilemma when first starting up the balance between no work and work but poor return. Its really important to work out your costs and charge accordingly otherwise you’ll only add to the statistic of failed businesses in the first 12/24 months.

Tax is good; it pays towards hospitals/Medicare, NDIS and other things that people need
Posted 17 October 2018 - 01:57 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Southside

Ndis

Yep you do what you have to do starting out and $45 is better than nothing if you don't have the client list built yet - if you trawl back through the threads here you'll see a lot of good info on what to charge and how to maximise your hourly rate on the jobs you get - for me the sweet spot is regular $45-$50 lawns that you can knock over in 30-35 mins - keep them as regular as you can so you can mulch most of them - avoid corner blocks, be aware of whether they have dogs or kids playjunk all over the lawn - dragging trampolines around quickly gets  stale - don't take any clippings away if you can avoid it and consider charging extra for the ones that require it - if they baulk at it I suggest to them that they get a green bin for $19 a quarter - I put an ad on Gumtree for people who wanted clippings and have 3 close by to save the tip ride and fees.

And keep the run as tight as possible - travel time will kill your hourly rate in the cities anyway.

Can't see why that sort of money wouldn't be achievable after a couple of seasons building and refining your round - Good Luck

Posted 17 October 2018 - 01:57 PM

didgee
didgee

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

Ndis

Yep you do what you have to do starting out and $45 is better than nothing if you don't have the client list built yet - if you trawl back through the threads here you'll see a lot of good info on what to charge and how to maximise your hourly rate on the jobs you get - for me the sweet spot is regular $45-$50 lawns that you can knock over in 30-35 mins - keep them as regular as you can so you can mulch most of them - avoid corner blocks, be aware of whether they have dogs or kids playjunk all over the lawn - dragging trampolines around quickly gets  stale - don't take any clippings away if you can avoid it and consider charging extra for the ones that require it - if they baulk at it I suggest to them that they get a green bin for $19 a quarter - I put an ad on Gumtree for people who wanted clippings and have 3 close by to save the tip ride and fees.

And keep the run as tight as possible - travel time will kill your hourly rate in the cities anyway.

Can't see why that sort of money wouldn't be achievable after a couple of seasons building and refining your round - Good Luck

Thanks, sound like good advice.

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:20 PM

Colsy
Colsy

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationWestern Suburbs, Melbourne

Ndis

Well if you work these hours

''the average home owner mows 20  times a year,   5 years is 100 lawns.

A contractor mower can do 100 lawns in a week''

Is that a quote? Cos theres no way I want or can do 100 lawns a week.... :lol:

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:00 PM

Road Runner
Road Runner

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationPerth WA
  • Business Name:She Oaks Gardening Service

Ndis

NDIS hasn't fully rolled out here yet. I have been looking into it and $46.20 is something I could live with on some jobs because it seems you can charge 20 minutes for travel so it is in the ballpark for an easy 20 min lawn (plus 20 min travel). For the bigger lawns the rate isn't too bad especially if I don't remove clippings (and its late in the day when when I tend to slow down a bit). I noticed the rate for cleaning is better so maybe a package deal where I mow the lawn and do the washing-up would be goer. I think I will seriously look into it next year but at $46.20 an hour I am not rushing. Not sure I would be comfortable inflating the hours worked to get my target price but I guess that might change if someone from NDIS said it was OK.

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:10 PM

Smokey
Smokey

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Locationsydney
  • Business Name:Adam's landscaping & lawn maintenance

Ndis

I am ndis registered and do a bit of nids work.

Some of the agentcies i do work for have said they are cracking down on how many hours of work have been completed on site.

Vs how many hours that have been invoiced for
Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:15 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Ndis

Is that a quote? Cos theres no way I want or can do 100 lawns a week.... :lol:

Nor i for that matter. scroll down a little

http://lawnclub.com....eriences/page-3

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:34 PM

plucka
plucka

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Inner SW

Ndis

I fully understand when starting out you have to take what work you can but don't sell yourself short, once you set a price for a regular customer it's very hard to increase it.

Don't make this mistake of comparing your employee salary to that of a business.  You used to get holiday and sick pay, super, no  expenses, and guaranteed 8 hours work a day. None of that exists in your own business.  $45/hr in business is more like $25/hr an an employee.  IMO you should be aiming for at least $80-$100 /hr.  As Crocster said, those 30min lawns at $50 each will give you that.

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:41 PM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS
  • Business Name:Grasshoppers

Ndis

I am ndis registered and do a bit of nids work.

Some of the agentcies i do work for have said they are cracking down on how many hours of work have been completed on site.

Vs how many hours that have been invoiced for

I can see a royal commission on the whole NDIS scheme in the future (or do we have one going ATM?). Lots of tax payer money is going missing and getting wasted. 

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:46 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Ndis

I can see a royal commission on the whole NDIS scheme in the future. Lots of tax payer money is going missing and getting wasted. 

Sounds about normal 

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:48 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales