Colsy
Colsy

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationWestern Suburbs, Melbourne

Spam Flush - Lost Equipment

Lost my Bahco shears this week. Been back to the last customers and all that jazz but gone. Not sure if I left them on the street and someone ran away with them or potentially the old 'on top of the trailer trick' and they just slid off as soon as I moved away.

Spewing as I really liked them and lately have been resorting to a bit more hand shearing rather than the hedger. They just have a really nice feel to them.

Its not the money, its more like "Where are you now, are you feeling lonely....or is someone loving you...?"

Its the first thing I have lost and I am sure it wont be the last.

Anyone else have any lost equipment stories?

Posted 20 October 2018 - 06:54 AM

AndoTheMando
AndoTheMando

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationWestern Sydney
  • Business Name:ultimate property services

I'm always loosing one glove....   I have a ute full of left handers....lol

Posted 20 October 2018 - 07:14 AM

B.L.T.H ....Brake late, Turn hard

scorpNZ
scorpNZ

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationNZ
  • Business Name:CDL

I'm always loosing one glove....   I have a ute full of left handers....lol

Mine are rights i'll do you a swap..Quite a few gloves are in the gutters. I've managed to pick up lefts & rights to make 6 pairs so far this year.Saves me buying em.What can i say i'm cheap

Posted 20 October 2018 - 07:46 AM

badger
badger

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Business Name:healeys

left gloves all the time

Posted 20 October 2018 - 08:48 AM

Kathryn
Kathryn

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW
  • Business Name:Brett's Mowing & Handyman Service

Bought hubby an expensive set of the rachet style ring spanners. He went to grab them one day and they were gone. He thinks mabe he left them on the trailer mudguard when he used them the previous day, 10km out of town. Now he has a new set. (Less expensive)
Posted 20 October 2018 - 09:57 AM

AndoTheMando
AndoTheMando

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationWestern Sydney
  • Business Name:ultimate property services

I lost my plastic trimmer blade cover today of my Stihl pole trimmer....  I have external trimmer racks on my trailer and it must of blew of somewhere....  looking on ebay...  not many around. ! 

Urggg :P

Posted 22 October 2018 - 08:14 PM

B.L.T.H ....Brake late, Turn hard

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Southside

Secateurs and pruning saws for me - I put them down and move on to the next stage then forget where I put them - buried a saw under sugarcane mulch last year - needed a bl00dy metal detector - never found it - lucky it wasn't a Silky

Posted 22 October 2018 - 08:25 PM

Steve35
Steve35

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

I've lost my temper a few times, and that loving feeling and probably my mind  :)

Posted 22 October 2018 - 08:53 PM

scorpNZ
scorpNZ

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationNZ
  • Business Name:CDL

Not lost was stolen about 8 years ago a oleo mac 755,it was only 2 y/o .Was on a lite truck which was reversed into customers short driveway.Forgot to pad lock it.Went back as soon as i realized it was missing as the son was home at the time.He reckoned he didn't see anything however his pupils enlarged pretty big when he answered the door .####ed me right off that was 1200 bux to replace.Still using the replacement today.Only reason i bought one was the amount of overgrown lawns i do.Having that much power is crazy/stupid & fun,biggest advantage is you can use really long thick as nylon

Fast forward 2 years a guy walking told me a car stopped (different property on a corner) & some dude got out to have a look at what may not be locked.Not this time sonny.

Only other thing i used to loose on occasion was key's,usually run over by the mower that's how i find em again all mangled.

Always keep a spare on the vehicle.

Posted 23 October 2018 - 11:33 AM

Colsy
Colsy

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationWestern Suburbs, Melbourne

God damn, I left my loppers on top of the tool compartment of my trailer. Drove 8kms and then over the wobbly bits to the dump, could not believe it they were still there.  Very weird but very grateful.

Posted 24 October 2018 - 06:32 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales