• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
Wilko
Wilko

• Lawn Club Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Toro Xls 420T

Hi all, I'm using a Toro XLS 420T which is about 7 years old and has just developed a problem with the forward/reverse function. I have drive in both directions but the pedal sticks in whatever position I'm using and doesn't return to neutral without some pressure on the pedal. When it does move it's 'clunky' and feels like it's stuck.

Can anyone tell me if this is likely to be in the trans or just a sticky lever or connecting rod?

Tanx

Wilko.

Posted 22 October 2018 - 11:42 AM

CGAHS
CGAHS

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationJervis Bay NSW

Toro Xls 420T

try here  https://www.outdoork...um_summary.html

Posted 22 October 2018 - 07:50 PM

Wilko
Wilko

• Lawn Club Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Toro Xls 420T

Thanks for the link CGAHS.

I've tried there but can't ask the question even though I've been a member of that forum since 2015. It appears I can now only read threads but can't comment or start a new thread.

My problem is that I'm 50Km's from my nearest large town where there are mower service centres so having to load this onto a trailer and make the 100Km round trip is something I'm trying to avoid.

Posted 24 October 2018 - 08:52 AM

CGAHS
CGAHS

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationJervis Bay NSW

Toro Xls 420T

thats strange......maybe try https://www.lawnsite.com/

Posted 24 October 2018 - 03:09 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales