tomfreeman
tomfreeman

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Business Name:Toms Lawn Mowing

Selling Customer Lists

Hey Everyone,

I've had a massive boom of customers and have ended up getting a lot bigger than I intended too when I started my business.

I currently have 75 regular customers and an extra couple of large commercial accounts. I don't want to go through the hassle of employing people etc

Have any of you sold of some of your customers previously? If so, how do you go about it?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Posted 01 November 2018 - 02:17 PM

greenbits
greenbits

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Selling Customer Lists

Gumtree

Posted 01 November 2018 - 04:38 PM

spongy buffalo
spongy buffalo

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationWestern Sydney

Selling Customer Lists

I got a message through Facebook from some bloke trying to sell a few customers, didn’t follow up but maybe hit up a few people that are are actively advertising.
Posted 01 November 2018 - 04:56 PM

Mirffy
Mirffy

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Selling Customer Lists

Could try a list of things like selling to other independents. Contacting other lawn mowing franchises. Hardest thing proving to anyone is that they are loyal reoccurring customers. Listing a add on gumtree and talking about it on Facebook wouldn't hurt either. There is usually a formula for what a lawn mowing customer is worth. Something like 20 weeks divided by the amount of times mowed X by the amount charged. For example mowed every 4 weeks which is 5 times X $60 the client is then worth $300 when you resell. But you may need to come up with your own formula. Hope this helps. 

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:22 PM

tomfreeman
tomfreeman

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Business Name:Toms Lawn Mowing

Selling Customer Lists

Could try a list of things like selling to other independents. Contacting other lawn mowing franchises. Hardest thing proving to anyone is that they are loyal reoccurring customers. Listing a add on gumtree and talking about it on Facebook wouldn't hurt either. There is usually a formula for what a lawn mowing customer is worth. Something like 20 weeks divided by the amount of times mowed X by the amount charged. For example mowed every 4 weeks which is 5 times X $60 the client is then worth $300 when you resell. But you may need to come up with your own formula. Hope this helps. 

Thanks Mirffy :)

Posted 08 November 2018 - 04:47 PM

Blair B
Blair B

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Selling Customer Lists

I bought some through Gumtree when I started, worked well. I paid 50% of what they gross in a year. 

Another way is increase your prices by 10 to 20% and you should lose some clients who don't want to pay the increase but get an increase of 10 to 20% from the clients who accept it. Not my idea that one but thinking of using it myself rather than selling excess clients.

Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:31 PM

Macka
Macka

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Selling Customer Lists

I bought some through Gumtree when I started, worked well. I paid 50% of what they gross in a year. 

Another way is increase your prices by 10 to 20% and you should lose some clients who don't want to pay the increase but get an increase of 10 to 20% from the clients who accept it. Not my idea that one but thinking of using it myself rather than selling excess clients.

yep a take 100 $50 customer a cut value of $5000  add 20% price increase  to $60 is $6000 cut value

loose 10 customers, 90 x $60 =  $5400   that $400 better of per cut, 20 cuts is a year is $8000 gain

loose 16 customers, 84 x $60 = $5040  16 less customers and reduced expenses all for the same income as 100 customers but a higher nett profit.

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:33 AM

Blair B
Blair B

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Selling Customer Lists

yep a take 100 $50 customer a cut value of $5000  add 20% price increase  to $60 is $6000 cut value

loose 10 customers, 90 x $60 =  $5400   that $400 better of per cut, 20 cuts is a year is $8000 gain

loose 16 customers, 84 x $60 = $5040  16 less customers and reduced expenses all for the same income as 100 customers but a higher nett profit.

Good one Macka. Also you end up working less hours because your not mowing the customers you lost.

Posted Yesterday, 07:02 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales