• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic
esanto2560
esanto2560

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Blower Recommendations?

Recommendations on good blowers? Also are the vac/mulch functions any good?
Posted 06 November 2018 - 05:37 AM

Fred
Fred

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationBayside Melb

Blower Recommendations?

You're winding us up .... right ?

Posted 06 November 2018 - 08:01 AM

AndoTheMando
AndoTheMando

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationWestern Sydney
  • Business Name:ultimate property services

Blower Recommendations?

I'm guessing your not a contractor ..LMAO :P

Posted 06 November 2018 - 04:57 PM

B.L.T.H ....Brake late, Turn hard

scorpNZ
scorpNZ

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationNZ
  • Business Name:CDL

Blower Recommendations?

Nup not dogs or kids. You need to get up early to catch the culprits

Posted 06 November 2018 - 05:18 PM

Fred
Fred

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationBayside Melb

Blower Recommendations?

Hang on, thats  not the Q that I responded to ?

Posted 06 November 2018 - 08:06 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Southside

Blower Recommendations?

Esanto your questions reveal a lack of basic knowledge which would be expected on a commercial forum - Who are you Esanto? - please give the forum a bit of background about yourself or stop posting here.

Posted 06 November 2018 - 08:12 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Blower Recommendations?

Hang on, thats  not the Q that I responded to ?

Edit Fred Edit.  :D  Possibly realized how foolish his Q. looked on a pro forum.

Posted 06 November 2018 - 11:47 PM

scorpNZ
scorpNZ

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationNZ

Blower Recommendations?

Dam forum needs the thing where it says it's been edited in highlight by "posted today"

Posted 07 November 2018 - 10:28 AM

Macka
Macka

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Blower Recommendations?

65cc+ 2 stroke commercial backpack blower only top brands eg: shidi,husky or echo etc

stihl have a 4 mix that is lighter but but they can blow up if you get the fuel mix slightly wrong

Dont waste you money on a handheld unless you are a beer bob or not interested in productivety.  Handheld blowers dont even make good backup blowers

Posted 08 November 2018 - 08:35 PM

jwnlawncare
jwnlawncare

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationBurwood, VIC
  • Business Name:JWN Lawn Care & Landscaping

Blower Recommendations?

I've got a few different ones, started out with a cheap Gardener's Choice blower-vac that I got from Kmart when they were clearing out their garden stuff years ago for $29 and still runs fine to this day. Mainly use it for leaf and hedge clipping cleanups as it has a metal shredder blade on the fan. My main handheld blower is a Stihl BG56 which goes fine but we don't use it much at all. It might find its way out of the toolbox for a job once or twice a month. Otherwise I just use it for where my backpack is too powerful (garden beds etc.) or cleaning off the mowers at the end of a messy job where there's been a lot of grass or dust flying around. Main blower we use is the Stihl BR700 which is an absolute tank of a machine, get your valves adjusted every now and then (once a year I think my dealer told me) and it'll be fine. I can blow grass and leaves sitting in the gutter back onto a naturestrip standing halfway out on a wide street. It's basically cut our blowing off time in half. Old backpack I used to use was a cheap copy of the Husky 130BT which went fine for 4.8hrs at which point it quit after the flywheel nut somehow came off. My main suggestion after all this though is go with what you need and what you have the best dealer support for. I almost would've bought a Husky 570BTS but when I walk into the local dealer they don't even look up from their desk, and when you try talking to them it sounds like your just a pain and they don't want you there. So naturally I walked out and went to my local Stihl shop who I have a great relationship with and got the 700 instead. 

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:25 AM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Blower Recommendations?

65cc+ 2 stroke commercial backpack blower only top brands eg: shidi,husky or echo etc

stihl have a 4 mix that is lighter but but they can blow up if you get the fuel mix slightly wrong

Dont waste you money on a handheld unless you are a beer bob or not interested in productivety.  Handheld blowers dont even make good backup blowers

So a good proportion of the people here are beer bobs and not interested in productivity. Interesting.

Posted 09 November 2018 - 11:20 AM

greenbits
greenbits

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Blower Recommendations?

So a good proportion of the people here are beer bobs and not interested in productivity. Interesting

now i got to get a backpack blower to blow off 5sqm jobs otherwise i'm nothing in this business

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:33 PM

scorpNZ
scorpNZ

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationNZ

Blower Recommendations?

No all you need do is rename your business to "bob a job" & below your vehicle sign if you have one & on your bus cards is write "will work for beer"

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:47 PM

Macka
Macka

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Blower Recommendations?

So a good proportion of the people here are beer bobs and not interested in productivity. Interesting.

I wouldnt say that, there are only a few poeple posting on the forums wich isnt even enough to represent a small proportion of the 2000 Members.

I do know from experieince about using both types and the gains in productivity.

a ran top handheld for 12 months and looking for increase productivity and checking forums for advise and tips, i purchaced a Husqvarna   570BTS.

The Husqvarna   570BTS saved me.

1+ hour a day,

less effort

does a better job gets stubourn leaves. blows mulch, large bark pieces and rocks back into garden beds with ease

A extra 1 hour a day saved is 2 lawns a extra that can be done,  extra $80 sales that can be done for the same wages

5 days can be $400 sales a week for the same wages.

I have a friend that does schools he uses the stihl vac attachment all the time and loves it, says it saves him heaps of time,  he blows all leaves into corners and then sucks up the piles. no raking or bending over

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:59 PM

AndoTheMando
AndoTheMando

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationWestern Sydney
  • Business Name:ultimate property services

Blower Recommendations?

I have a Stihl BR 600 Backpack (4 mix) .. I couldn't imagine using anything smaller..  Its been a very reliable machine ...goes all day

Posted 09 November 2018 - 04:18 PM

B.L.T.H ....Brake late, Turn hard

plucka
plucka

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Inner SW

Blower Recommendations?

The Husqvarna   570BTS saved me.
1+ hour a day,

I wouldn't even spend an hour a day in total on the blower. Residential jobs, average about 5mins blowing per house using a hand held. By the time I got a backpack out of the van and strapped on I would have already finished with a hand held, but I guess I must be a beer Bob.

Also imo absolutely no need not to get a battery blower, hand held or backpack. Good ones Same power as petrol without the maintenance, noise, fumes etc.
Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:03 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Southside

Blower Recommendations?

^ +1 Plucka - depends on the nature of your business - mine all residential regulars - a driveway and a few paths tops - already clean just a few leaves and whipper debris - Ego blower is completely adequate

However I used to have a small set of suburban shops with carpark - totally different story - would have loved a backpack

Horses for courses.

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:41 PM

Sunshinelawns
Sunshinelawns

• Lawn Club Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Business Name:Sunshine Lawns

Blower Recommendations?

I just bought the new EGO blower and it is a beast!!

Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:19 PM

Macka
Macka

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Blower Recommendations?

I have large comercials, Blocks of units and large residentials. 

I always blow the driveways paths and pergolas there is always leaves to move.

I do alot with the ride on and use the blower to spread any eccess clipping for a good finish.

the big blower means you can move leaves against the wind if you want

one of my large sets of units took me  1  hr to blow with a handheld.  with the backpack thats was reduced to 20min regardless of the wind.

small residentuals that took 5min are 2min, as quick as you can walk you can clear a 10m wide area

large residentual ride on job used to take 10min to blow with a handheld, the backpack reduced that to 5min and does a better job, I do 14 of these in a day

The Autumn leaf drop would see thousands of leaves to move,  cant think how much time it saves me during that period

Posted 10 November 2018 - 10:25 AM

plucka
plucka

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Inner SW

Blower Recommendations?

I have large comercials, Blocks of units and large residentials. 

I always blow the driveways paths and pergolas there is always leaves to move.

I do alot with the ride on and use the blower to spread any eccess clipping for a good finish.

the big blower means you can move leaves against the wind if you want

one of my large sets of units took me  1  hr to blow with a handheld.  with the backpack thats was reduced to 20min regardless of the wind.

small residentuals that took 5min are 2min, as quick as you can walk you can clear a 10m wide area

large residentual ride on job used to take 10min to blow with a handheld, the backpack reduced that to 5min and does a better job, I do 14 of these in a day

The Autumn leaf drop would see thousands of leaves to move,  cant think how much time it saves me during that period

Point is get what ever works for you, I have no commercial jobs or large driveways or large leaf drops to worry about.  All my jobs are literally blowing the small amount of grass clippings off the driveway and paths and a hand held does that job just fine, a backpack would be overkill and in fact slow me down.

Posted 10 November 2018 - 12:45 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales