19 replies to this topic
nt mower
nt mower

• Lawn Club Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Victa 82V Versus Aeg 58V

Hi All

The 14 year old rover quattro 40 died of old age - loss of compression and starter housing console broke off the top of the mower. So looking for a new mower 18" blade cut.

I have 430m2 of  average lawn to fortnightly for 5 months of the year (Wet season Darwin) would prefer to mulch.

Have looked at Stihl RMA460 and Ryobi 36V not long enough run time on a single charge.

So it is down too these too brands. Victa is owned by Briggs & Stratton and AEG is manufacturered under licence by Ryobi from Electrolux.

Victa

https://www.bunnings...attery_p3381341

with additional 2.0AH battery Total price $698

AEG

https://www.bunnings...er-kit_p3381205

Total price $799

Both mowers seem equal on performance.

Battery life expectancy and performing in the Wet season with high humidity are a concern.

So questions are has anyone used these mowers in Darwin? Performance/experiences

Battery life in high humidity?

Can you mow in the rain with electric mowers?

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:55 AM

CGAHS
CGAHS

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationJervis Bay NSW

Victa 82V Versus Aeg 58V

l'd get another petrol mower myself.....

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:01 AM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Victa 82V Versus Aeg 58V

Hi All

The 14 year old rover quattro 40 died of old age - loss of compression and starter housing console broke off the top of the mower. So looking for a new mower 18" blade cut.

I have 430m2 of  average lawn to fortnightly for 5 months of the year (Wet season Darwin) would prefer to mulch.

Have looked at Stihl RMA460 and Ryobi 36V not long enough run time on a single charge.

So it is down too these too brands. Victa is owned by Briggs & Stratton and AEG is manufacturered under licence by Ryobi from Electrolux.

Victa

https://www.bunnings...attery_p3381341

with additional 2.0AH battery Total price $698

AEG

https://www.bunnings...er-kit_p3381205

Total price $799

Both mowers seem equal on performance.

Battery life expectancy and performing in the Wet season with high humidity are a concern.

So questions are has anyone used these mowers in Darwin? Performance/experiences

Battery life in high humidity?

Can you mow in the rain with electric mowers?

Havnt got a battery mower yet but no dramas with any of my batteries Victa(82 and 40),Aeg (18),Ego (56). 

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:13 PM

Hedger
Hedger

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Victa 82V Versus Aeg 58V

I'd recommend the Victa. I have 2 of them!
Posted 10 November 2018 - 07:41 PM

plucka
plucka

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Inner SW

Victa 82V Versus Aeg 58V

Anyone using the AEG 56v line trimmer?  I'm sold on batteries but looking for an alternative to EGO next time.  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 06:11 AM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Victa 82V Versus Aeg 58V

Anyone using the AEG 56v line trimmer?  I'm sold on batteries but looking for an alternative to EGO next time.  

Been using the 18v since july 17 with no dramas other than head very hard to replace. 

Posted 11 November 2018 - 06:32 AM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Southside

Victa 82V Versus Aeg 58V

I've got the AEG 18V - reviews of the 56V do mention the weight as an issue - as you know I've also got the Ego mul####ool whipper too but I find the AEG is the one that goes in the ute every day - very light - yet plenty of power for tidy residentials - good battery life with a 5.0AH - as mentioned in another post I mainly use the Honda for back reasons but can't see why the AEG wouldn't handle our type of run with something gruntier as a backup if you've got a cleanup on.

Got mine on a Bunnings deal - 18V whipper, blower, 2 x 5AH batteries and charger for $332 - unbeatable - keep an eye out for specials coming up to Xmas if you're interested.

Posted 11 November 2018 - 08:53 AM

nt mower
nt mower

• Lawn Club Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Victa 82V Versus Aeg 58V

I brought the Victa 21" kit in the end for the extra battery, base of deck to mower blade height was better the AEG and the battery compartment had better rain protection than the AEG.  https://www.bunnings...teries_p3381102

Charged up one battery 30 minutes as stated, put the other on charge. Started mowing height 2 after 30 minutes no reduction of power but down to one light bar.

Checked the charging battery was fully charged then swapped them over. Removing the battery from the mower is really firm push on the lever/button to eject the battery took a while to work this out.

Mowed the rest of the lawn 2nd battery which went down to one light bar at finish. So mowed 500m2 with mulch plug in, grass was 50 to 200mm high so extra passes over some areas was required.

The Victa automatically switched to high torque mode a lot in the longer grass.

Folded up mower charged the batteries up and do it again in two weeks. Victa recommends not mowing in the rain

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:32 AM

plucka
plucka

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Victa 82V Versus Aeg 58V

I've got the AEG 18V - reviews of the 56V do mention the weight as an issue - as you know I've also got the Ego mul####ool whipper too but I find the AEG is the one that goes in the ute every day - very light - yet plenty of power for tidy residentials - good battery life with a 5.0AH - as mentioned in another post I mainly use the Honda for back reasons but can't see why the AEG wouldn't handle our type of run with something gruntier as a backup if you've got a cleanup on.

Got mine on a Bunnings deal - 18V whipper, blower, 2 x 5AH batteries and charger for $332 - unbeatable - keep an eye out for specials coming up to Xmas if you're interested.

How does the 18V AEG compare with the EGO 56V trimmer? Power and run time?

I like the idea of a light trimmer, I also like the speed feed head but it seems EGO is the only battery trimmer that has this?

Posted 11 November 2018 - 01:21 PM

Colsy
Colsy

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationWestern Suburbs, Melbourne

Victa 82V Versus Aeg 58V

All I can say is the batteries on AEG hold their charge forever. I have had one in the trailer that I charged 4 mths back, used it a couple of times and still has 4 bars.

Posted 11 November 2018 - 04:48 PM

StormTrooper
StormTrooper

• Lawn Club Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Victa 82V Versus Aeg 58V

Very interested in this post. Never thought I'd seriously look at battery powered mowers/trimmers, but here I am.

I think the AEG 58v kit has won me over with the free 58v chainsaw.

I cant find any major negative reviews on either. Just a quick look at these today at Bunnings, I would suggest neither would withstand daily use and are obviously intended for domestic use, but with a 6 year warranty I think I'm ready to switch over.
Posted 12 November 2018 - 10:16 AM

plucka
plucka

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Victa 82V Versus Aeg 58V

Yeah I was looking at the 58V trimmer but now I'm thinking the 18V will be better, the lighter weight makes a huge difference after a long day.

Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:50 PM

JNB
JNB

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Victa 82V Versus Aeg 58V

i did have Ego Multi-tools previously but never used it due to heavy battery. I borrowed my friend's 536LilLx. Love it. At the end, I bought it and used all the time. Even with 9.2A battery still lighter than Ego 5A battery

Posted 12 November 2018 - 08:21 PM

Hedger
Hedger

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Victa 82V Versus Aeg 58V

i did have Ego Multi-tools previously but never used it due to heavy battery. I borrowed my friend's 536LilLx. Love it. At the end, I bought it and used all the time. Even with 9.2A battery still lighter than Ego 5A battery

The 536lilx is awesome, I have 3 of them and another 2 of everything in the Husqvarna pro battery Series. I love them all!
Posted 12 November 2018 - 08:28 PM

JNB
JNB

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Victa 82V Versus Aeg 58V

Yes love it.
How did you find the husqvarna mower and blower, mate
Posted 12 November 2018 - 08:30 PM

Hedger
Hedger

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Victa 82V Versus Aeg 58V

Yes love it.
How did you find the husqvarna mower and blower, mate

The 536lib is ok but the 536 libx has more power. I'm on the side line with the new LC347VLi as its had to go back for a check up. I still prefer the Victa 82v atm
Posted 12 November 2018 - 09:09 PM

JNB
JNB

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Victa 82V Versus Aeg 58V

Victa 82v for what products?

How you compare the husqvarna Blower to STIHL BG86
Posted 12 November 2018 - 09:10 PM

Hedger
Hedger

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Victa 82V Versus Aeg 58V

Victa 82v for what products?
How you compare the husqvarna Blower to STIHL BG86

The 21 in 82v mower. Its been so long since ived used a petrol machine Haha Check the post I just uploaded.
Posted 12 November 2018 - 09:13 PM

JNB
JNB

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Victa 82V Versus Aeg 58V

Uploaded where.
Any link pls?
Posted 12 November 2018 - 09:14 PM

Hedger
Hedger

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Victa 82V Versus Aeg 58V

Uploaded where.
Any link pls?

In the forum or check my Instagram page

www.instagram.com/footprintgardens
Posted 12 November 2018 - 09:19 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales