8 replies to this topic
Deleted
Deleted

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Whats Your Minimum Service Charge

Time to honestly compare the minimum we all charge for our services. By doing so, we can all compare and try to even out the playing field between us, as well as help those who are just starting out to learn not to undercut the rest of us in the industry Feel free to share any comments on the topic and poll.
Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

Lawn Club is owned, hosted, managed, and all forum posts are moderated by and approved by Ozbreed.

I have absolutely no association with this website or its forum.

Lawn Club, The Lawn Guide, Buffalo Lawn Care and Lawn Care Advice websites, and all content therein is the sole property of the Ozbreed turf company; ALL CONTENT therein represents the opinions and advice of Ozbreed exclusively, and not my own. I have absolutely no association whatsoever with any of these websites! Lawn Club admin inquiries should be directed to the site admin or to the website owners. The advice presented on Lawn Club for lawn and garden business owners represents the views and advice of Ozbreed exclusively, and not my own. All inquiries regarding any of these websites should be directed to the website & content owners. Absolutely no endorsements are granted to these sites, or to their owners, or to any content published therein. NO CONTENT IS PUBLISHED ON ANY OF THESE SITES ON MY BEHALF OR WHICH REPRESENTS MY OPINIONS IN ANY WAY. No licenses granted. No rights reserved........ WEBSITE DISCLAIMER.

sandgroper
sandgroper

Lawn Club Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationPerth Western Australia
  • Business Name:Seville mowing

$30 minimum charge usually for small front or back yards, mowing that is and only for scheduled mows.
Posted 11 November 2014 - 04:20 PM

Brian
Brian

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

$35 for regulars, $45 for a casual - minimum charge - what I charge to even turn up and do any one little thing.

"but you don't understand" they say on the phone, - but I DO understand - they want me to drive over there, quote them, talk to them, take all my machines off the truck, do a little work, put all the machines back on, talk to them - if im lucky get PAID, then do all the paperwork involved for the tax man etc.

yes, I understand, if youre not willing to pay 35/45 find someone else

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:23 PM

Arfa Brayne
Arfa Brayne

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationThe Hillawarra.

$25 for little old ladies I've had as customers for years with only a tiny front yard and a lovely personality.

(they're almost like aunties)

Others are $30 for regular work or $45 for a one off.

Posted 13 December 2015 - 03:38 PM

"Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew in boiling water.
Sip on your 'T, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,155 posts
  • LocationDarwin

$35 now unless their little old ladies with scones etc. then it,s negotiable :)

Posted 13 December 2015 - 04:33 PM

Macka
Macka

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

$20 per hour is the going rate for gardening, $30 per hour for anything that involves power equipment eg: mowing & chain saws etc.

Posted 13 December 2015 - 05:08 PM

Iand
Iand

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Mod
  • 654 posts

$35 minimum just wish i could remember this and stop saying $30 :) $45-$50 average  back and front $50-$60 I have some at $60-$70 corner blocks $55 minimum,garden work $70-$100p/h

Also i don't catch at those prices add 30-40% for catcher and even at that price i would prefer to not catch

Posted 13 December 2015 - 08:26 PM

Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against smile.png

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS
  • Business Name:Grasshoppers

$30 min (small unit, etc)

I try to work on $45- $60 an hr for mowing.

$45-$50 an hr (min an hr) for gutter cleaning.

I try to stay away from gardening and quote very high. I have got a 1/2 day gardening coming up. I quoted $400 for that.

Posted 15 December 2015 - 06:20 PM

ChurchillMowing
ChurchillMowing

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Business Name:Jims Mowing Churchill

$25 is my lowest reg for a lovely old lady - job takes 10 mins

I try and charge $60 per hour for push mowing
$100 per hr for ride on
$40 minimum per hr for gardening

Gutters $150 starting price...
Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:39 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales