7 replies to this topic
Bruce
Bruce

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Insurance Costs

It'd be interesting to know what everyone pays for their insurance. My own insurance costs just short of $600 a year, probably not the cheapest, but I once had an experience with one insurance company that tried to pull a con job on me and issued a full insurance package for me after I phoned for a quote... they were acting like sleazy used car salesmen. So I phoned them to cancel the insurance they issued without my asking, and went with their competitor. Who does cost more, but who I'm very happy with. Never had to file an insurance claim, but always good to know its there.
Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Lawn Club, The Lawn Guide, Buffalo Lawn Care and Lawn Care Advice websites, and all content therein are the exclusive property of Ozbreed. Lawn Club admin enquiries should be directed to the site admin. All enquiries regarding any of these sites should be directed to the website & content owners.

Iand
Iand

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Mod
  • 654 posts

Insurance Costs

$5million cover $500 excess about $440 I've never claimed but know of people who have and they haven'r had a problem so can't see myself changing any time soon

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:03 AM

Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against smile.png

Bruce
Bruce

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Insurance Costs

I wonder how many of us have ever put in a claim?

I've paid out countless thousands for this, but never once claimed - obviously due to excess.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:03 PM

Lawn Club, The Lawn Guide, Buffalo Lawn Care and Lawn Care Advice websites, and all content therein are the exclusive property of Ozbreed. Lawn Club admin enquiries should be directed to the site admin. All enquiries regarding any of these sites should be directed to the website & content owners.

Sando
Sando

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Business Name:Sando's Home Services

Insurance Costs

Mine is over a thousand per year but the real estate i work for require 10 Mill cover. I also have my van insure in that as well. Yep the excess is the scam so these companies make millions in profit, They know darn well that most people are only going to claim a window that isn't covered past excess. The only time i claimed was with the extra $5 per month for windscreen insurance, which is only allowed once per year.

Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:16 AM

Obmar
Obmar

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Insurance Costs

I am just starting out so I would like to know if most operators just take out public liability insurance?

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:34 AM

sandgroper
sandgroper

Lawn Club Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • LocationPerth Western Australia
  • Business Name:Seville mowing

Insurance Costs

Can't speak for the other guys but I have liability insurance plus my gear, trailer and ute all insured.

Only ever claimed once when some rotten fellow helped himself to my hedge trimmer and chainsaw :angry:

Going with just liability cover may be the way to go if your just starting out at least until the business is turning over enough money to upgrade the policy if you so wish.  

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:07 PM

Obmar
Obmar

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Insurance Costs

Sandgroper, thanks for the reply.

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:27 AM

Iand
Iand

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Mod
  • 654 posts

Insurance Costs

public liability and vehicle

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:41 PM

Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against smile.png

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales