algs
algs

• Lawn Club Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Business Name:Atwell Lawnmowing and Garden Service

Software Advice

Hi to all,

Came across your site today. Thank you for accepting me.

Been operating the business for nearly 7 yrs now, have tried many software packages. Wondering what everyone else is using ATM.

Your feedback is appreciated

Regards
David
Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:21 PM

Keepiteasy
Keepiteasy

• Industry Supplier
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Software Advice

Hi Algs,

The best program for our industry is www.keepiteasy.com.au it was created for mowing guys by mowing guys, and its cheap, if you go there you can use the free trial and decide for your self.

It does all the invoicing, scheduling, sms, etc...

Hope this helps.

Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:52 AM

Shooter
Shooter

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationAdelaide SA

Software Advice

Hi Guy's

Having gone through the exercise of different software programs they all have their pros and cons but it really came down to 2 (for me at least) Lawn pro 5 and Keep it easy.

Whilst Lawn pro 5 has some really good features over Keep it easy the same can be said in reverse and ultimately the fact that Keep it Easy was developed in Australia and is still owned and operated by an Australian company swayed my descision.

Features: Lawn Pro 5 has more features but with that comes further complications particularly for someone that has difficulties with computers, (as I say until they invent a computer that runs on two stroke I will struggle :-) )

Cost: Both are comparable but Lawn Pro 5 offers "deals" from time to time which sets alarm bells with me.

Backup: Lawn pro 5 has a really good service probably slightly better than Keep it easy but again being a USA product you have to allow for time difference. Keep it easy is based in Perth.

Free trial: Both now offer free trials

Simplicity: Hands down Keep it easy

Verdict: Have been using Keep it easy for over 2 years and whilst it could be further enhanced (which some developments are actually underway) my personal preference is for Keep it easy and can strongly recommend the program.

Disclaimer: I am in no way connected with Keep it easy other than being a satisfied customer and gain no remumeration for this endorsement.

Hope this helps.

regards Shooter

Posted 14 September 2014 - 11:01 AM

Michael
Michael

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationLismore NSW
  • Business Name:Michaels Garden Care

Software Advice

I just use iXpenselt to record income and expenses. Produces a nice summary at the end of year which I just hand to my accountant. For invoicing I'm using invoice2go. Both are on ios and pretty cheap apps.
Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:38 PM

Shooter
Shooter

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationAdelaide SA

Software Advice

That's the beauty of Keep it easy, it produces work schedules, does invoices, does BAS and heaps of other things all in the one program.

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:49 AM

Michael
Michael

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationLismore NSW
  • Business Name:Michaels Garden Care

Software Advice

Sounds good if that's what you need. Not available for iOS though. The beauty of the iOS apps is they're all in my pocket when I need them.
Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:22 AM

Landen @ Jobber
Landen @ Jobber

• Lawn Club Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Business Name:Jobber

Software Advice

Hey guys, new here to the lawn club. At Jobber we make software for scheduling and invoicing but I'm not quite sure if it would work for you guys.

One thing I am not sure of is BAS. We do have quite a few people using Jobber in Australia but I have not heard of BAS before.

-Landen

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:31 AM

Curious about how Jobber can help you get organized? Call us at 1-888-721-1115

Landen from Jobber | landen@getjobber.com | www.getjobber.com

Dan Clynk
Dan Clynk

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationCamillo WA
  • Business Name:Colonel's Mowing

Software Advice

Anyone using myob ? Im still doing it old school at the moment (pen and papet)and is driving me mental already.
Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:16 AM

Rory
Rory

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
  • Business Name:Firefly Lawns & Gardens

Software Advice

I have hear that keepiteasy is the way to in this space. The guy I bought my round from was using myob essentials. I have also heard of another application called finga.

Not sure what accountants would think about the details produced from finga or keepiteasy though. 

Im thinking I will be going with keepiteasy

Posted 24 March 2015 - 12:52 PM

Keepiteasy
Keepiteasy

• Industry Supplier
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Software Advice

Hi Guys,

The Cloud version of Keep It Easy is now here, we are just doing the last few tests, and then its open.

I have posted information in the Keep It Easy Forum or you can go to www.keepiteasy.com.au and see the new version "click on the go to the cloud" you can then see screen shots, this is a lot more advanced than the old download version (although you can still buy the old one) We have created a much more modern feel, with new features, however we have still kept the "keep it easy" system, so rest assured its a simple yet very powerful program.

I listened to over 500 people with comments and input who have small businesses and took it to the web to create the new version... And yes it does quotes now :)

Anyway take a look and let me know if you can think of any way to improve it.. we are already working on the next patch / Update.

Aaron.

www.keepiteasy.com.au

Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:41 PM

Doolie
Doolie

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
  • Business Name:Grass Concepts

Software Advice

Hi Guys,

There is a new version of Keep IT Easy out now. There is also a video to see some of its features, its not in the best position  on the web page but go to www.keepiteasy.com.au and click on the "More Info Button" under the "Put Your Business on auto pilot" 

Its a good video of the features.

Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:58 PM

raznwal
raznwal

• Lawn Club Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Business Name:R and L Kathner

Software Advice

Hi, I am using Keep it Easy. Most of it I love but the quote button will not work and I have trouble when I enter a payment. I have to enter it twice everytime.

Does anyone else have any trouble?

Cheers

Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:36 PM

aleks
aleks

• Lawn Club Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Software Advice

+ 1 for Keep it Easy

Posted 27 September 2018 - 05:54 AM

Colsy
Colsy

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationWestern Suburbs, Melbourne

Software Advice

Quickbooks for me.

Posted 27 September 2018 - 02:09 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales