8 replies to this topic
Deleted
Deleted

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 910 posts

We Bought A Berkey

Not sure what everyone knows about the water supply in western countries now, but it aint good, with all the chemicals they use to “clean” the water, the pharmaceuticals that pass through peoples bodies also now ending up in our drinking water, and the fluoride - all of it very nasty stuff that we ingest everyday… even in our showers - it leaches into our skin very quickly.

So I’ve known about all these nasties for a long time now and its been playing in my mind a lot, especially the fluoride which is really difficult to remove from water. But a little while back I came across the Berkey Water Filters - which removes all this garbage from the water.

It was a big outlay for the system, but the filters last for 10 years for a family of 4, which in the end, makes it not only the best, but the cheapest water filter system on the market over the life of the system, and when you consider it removes all the chemicals and drugs from the water - its a no brainer. These water filters are so good that you can pour slimy green pond water, dam water, creek water etc into them - and it purifies all of it perfectly.

Here’s an article about the pharmaceutical drugs entering into water supplies, that also leach into lakes and turns male fish into female fish that grow eggs  :wacko: and this is what people in western countries drink every day  :wacko:

http://www.newrepubl...ds-more-we-knew

Fluoride is a toxic waste slurry leftover from the manufacture of aluminium, fertiliser, and atomic weapons production. Fluoride is also the key ingredient in Sarin Nerve Gas used in WW1 and rat poison etc, and was first experimented on humans by Stalin and Hitler in their concentration camps to keep people passive and under control, and is fed to wild animals when bought into zoos from the wild… Just a teaspoon of this stuff will kill a man. I won’t link out to articles here, do your own research, its nasty. Try buying a bag of this wonderful “medicine” and you’ll find yourself serving at her majesty’s pleasure for a very long time, after the black balaclavas raid your home of course. And there is absolutely no evidence it helps tooth decay…

Back to the Berkey, here’s a vid made by an LDS Prepper, good info, tho I’m neither LDS or a prepper, but this bloke explains his water filter experiences pretty well.

Anyways, thought I’d share, we’re just so happy we’re no longer drinking down all those chemicals, fluoride, hormone replacement therapies for older women, depression and cancer medicines etc etc 

Posted 07 February 2015 - 11:34 PM

Lawn Club is owned, hosted, managed, and all forum posts are moderated by and approved by Ozbreed.

I have absolutely no association with this website or its forum.

Lawn Club, The Lawn Guide, Buffalo Lawn Care and Lawn Care Advice websites, and all content therein is the sole property of the Ozbreed turf company; ALL CONTENT therein represents the opinions and advice of Ozbreed exclusively, and not my own. I have absolutely no association whatsoever with any of these websites! Lawn Club admin inquiries should be directed to the site admin or to the website owners. The advice presented on Lawn Club for lawn and garden business owners represents the views and advice of Ozbreed exclusively, and not my own. All inquiries regarding any of these websites should be directed to the website & content owners. Absolutely no endorsements are granted to these sites, or to their owners, or to any content published therein. NO CONTENT IS PUBLISHED ON ANY OF THESE SITES ON MY BEHALF OR WHICH REPRESENTS MY OPINIONS IN ANY WAY. No licenses granted. No rights reserved........ WEBSITE DISCLAIMER.

Iand
Iand

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Mod
  • 654 posts

We Bought A Berkey

http://www.ilikemyte...de-myths-facts/

http://www.elephantj...ns-of-fluoride/

What happens if a community stops adding fluoride to the community water system? (Back to Top)
Antigo, Wisconsin, discontinued water fluoridation in 1960. By 1965, 2nd grade children had 200% more tooth decay, and 4th graders had 70% more. Antigo reins####uted fluoridation. Studies in other communities show similar results.

Posted 08 February 2015 - 12:41 AM

Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against smile.png

sandgroper
sandgroper

Lawn Club Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationPerth Western Australia
  • Business Name:Seville mowing

We Bought A Berkey

Have friends an family that work in the medical industry that would totally agree with you Steve.

Might only be scratching the surface with the water issue though.

It's amazing how many chemicals they add to processed food these days to.

One that springs to mind and you never see on an ingredience panel on the back of packaging is sodium meta bi sulphate but believe me it's there.

I've had first hand experience with this stuff and can honestly say that most people have had this stuff unknowingly in there system at one time or another.

It's a preservative commonly used in food manufacturing.

Well in it's powdered form you won't be able to stand within 5 meters of this stuff without some sort of a facemask as the dust particals in the air from it will stick to your lungs which makes breathing impossible.

It is also highly flammable, a naked flame near it will cause it to ignite, and when it does it burns exactly the same as sulphur.

Think striking a match and the way the sulphur ignites at the tip.

It really is nasty stuff but totally endorsed for use by our health departments and governing bodies.

If your thinking well we stay away from processed food think again.

It's also one of the ingrediance our pharmaceutical companies use in the manufacture of everyday tablets we all use.So if you have ever had a tablet which has sodium as an ingredient (which many do) Chances are it's sodium meta bi sulphate.

There have been a few reviews lately as they suspect that it could be a contributing factor to the onset of Asthma but these have only been reviews and it is still well and truly established in our food system.

I don't have an M.D at the front of my name but stand anywhere near this stuff without a mask and it's pretty obvious it causes respiratory problems.

5 years of testing and 20 million dollars should be enough to get all the M.Ds convinced, but really put them in a enclosed room with the stuff without a mask and a cigarette lighter in hand.

Should come to a pretty conclusive finding I think :lol:.               

Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:21 AM

Iand
Iand

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Mod
  • 654 posts

We Bought A Berkey

if i tied you to the bottom of a 10,000lt water tank and poured a litre of purified water in would it kill you i doubt it but if i poured in 10,000 litres i think you might have a problem and considering a teaspoon of fluoride in a glass of water is more than 15000 times the amount of fluoride either added to or naturally occurring in our  water supply i think either of these would be a problem

or another way to look at it is if you consume less than about 1 gram of salt on average per day you will get sick because your body needs at least this amount to function properly but if you tried to consume 1.5kg of salt in a day you would die

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:11 PM

Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against smile.png

Iand
Iand

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Mod
  • 654 posts

We Bought A Berkey

salt:sodium chloride

sodium deadly

chloride deadly

if you breathe only oxygen or nitrogen or carbon dioxide you will die yet we breathe a combination of these gases everyday and if we don't we will die

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:25 AM

wombat
wombat

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

We Bought A Berkey

This is why I drink Beer!!!

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:37 AM

sandgroper
sandgroper

Lawn Club Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationPerth Western Australia
  • Business Name:Seville mowing

We Bought A Berkey

You still drinking the beer wombat?

I.V drip straight into the vain bugger all that elbow bending and swollowing :lol: 

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:53 PM

wombat
wombat

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

We Bought A Berkey

Not a bad idea Sandgroper, might just help the RSI,

Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:17 PM

80xer5antar05
80xer5antar05

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

We Bought A Berkey

Sorry to bring a old thread up
But to OP how is the Berkey going after 3+ years?

Any issues?
How is the Water?
I’m thibking about getting one but how do they compare to a normal undersink triple stage system?

I’ve read some good reviews on them but also rad some bad
Posted 06 August 2018 - 09:47 AM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales