Rory

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
  • Business Name:Firefly Lawns & Gardens

Insurance

Hi All,

I was wondering who everyone uses for their insurance needs. I'm starting to get more requests for larger gardening jobs with established trees and watering systems etc which concern me. I also need to renew public liability etc.

So, I was wondering what cover you have and with who and at what cost.

Cheers in advance.

Rory

Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:36 PM

MattsMowing
MattsMowing

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Business Name:Matt's Mowing

Insurance

im using aami,   10 million cover works out 411 a year.                  cheapest i could find.

the indy forums i hear have their own insurer who is cheaper again,  however im abit unsure about paying 140 odd dollars to join up to a forum just to check out the fine print on it

Posted 08 October 2015 - 09:52 AM

Iand
Iand

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Mod
  • 654 posts

Insurance

I've been with Indy for about 10 years and do know a couple of guys have payouts with out any dramas,not really that  much cheaper than Matts aami price but on an aside i won't use aami for anything as i have a client, the lady across the road parked in the driveway forgot to put the brake on and the car rolled down the driveway across the road and smashed my clients fence i think it took nearly 12 months,repeated phone calls and may have even been a solicitor involved before they did much more than put up one of those temporary fence things and they probably only did this because she had a pool

Posted 08 October 2015 - 01:00 PM

Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against smile.png

Rory
Rory

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationAdelaide
  • Business Name:Firefly Lawns & Gardens

Insurance

Thanks lads. I have sent details to Indy am and waiting for their response. I looked aami as well but wasnt sure they would cover the work that we do. 

Matt's - does that only cover your pub liability? or have you got wage cover etc in that price as well?

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:23 PM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS
  • Business Name:Grasshoppers

Insurance

Make sure they cover glass, allot dont.

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:13 AM

Dan Clynk
Dan Clynk

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationCamillo WA
  • Business Name:Colonel's Mowing

Insurance

Hi Guy's Just wondering if anyone has anything new to add to this thread. I need to renew my Public Liability Insurance and looking at income protection insurance just in case something goes wrong on the job. 

Any recommendations ?

Dan

Posted 15 May 2016 - 11:33 AM

Mowing Today
Mowing Today

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationKiama, NSW
  • Business Name:"Mowing Today"

Insurance

Currently sourcing quotation through AustBrokers, haven't received the quote but will be interested in how they perform understanding that they package it up.
Watch this space....
Posted 31 August 2016 - 07:59 AM

harry
harry

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Business Name:Harry and son

Insurance

the thing with insurance is not what the fee is but what is the after sales product does for you...now i am with the racv in vic and they maybe not the cheapest but when you have to make a claim its simple usually a phone call and the money is in the bank the next day...ive claimed on the car insurance and that was so easy no paper work and i had a whipper and chain saw knocked off ..ended up with a model upsize on both no questions ask ....i threw a rock from the Z turn on a tabatet hotel window worth 25k only costed me 250 for the excess..process was so easy the client was impressed and refunded my excess on the next invoice ....having no insurance is madness when in business...i cant believe anyone would not have any cover...but theres plenty saying oh i cannot afford it ..well dont go into business if u cant ...please all new comers add that ti your fisrt bill to be paid

Posted 31 August 2016 - 09:43 PM

Mowing Today
Mowing Today

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationKiama, NSW
  • Business Name:"Mowing Today"

Insurance

Agree with you 100% Harry, the services that we provide are charged out so a to enable total recovery of such overheads.
Be interested in hearing on peoples experiences in the have & have not got insurance.
Personally not having it is irresponsible and total lunacy.
I am seeing if a broker can bring anything additional in particular to cover myself for injury etc.
Posted 31 August 2016 - 10:26 PM

Lucky
Lucky

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts
  • LocationDevonport TAS
  • Business Name:Grasshoppers

Insurance

Im with AAMI, for 25mill public liability (i need the 25mill for the community org i work for)

Never had to make a claim as the excess was always more than the job cost (broken glass x 2). 

Insurance adds up over the years if your not making a claim but its a must have.

Posted 01 September 2016 - 08:11 AM

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: public liability, tools, insurance, accident, health

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales