crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,627 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Southside

Treatment For Tendon Injuries

I'm guessing a few of us who've been doing this a while are carrying varying degrees of repetition strain/vibration type injuries like tennis elbow, rotator cuff and hand and knee tendon damage.

I read about this mob in the Weekend Australian:-

They're offering treatments now which may offer some hope. Don't know about the cost.

Cheers

Posted 03 August 2016 - 06:31 AM

Guest_markp_*
Guest_markp_*
  • Guests

Hey croc thanks for that. I have tendonosis of my left hamstring where it attaches to the bone in my bum. I have had 4 prp injections with not much result, and now my doctor wants to do this procedure. He said its only new , and he has only treated 2 people so far but they both had very good results, I have to get another opinion in 2 weeks , then I may have this done , it sounds like a better option than surgery. With surgery I would be out of action for 6 months min, that would be the end of my business.. The cost of this injection is 4 thousand.. But this injury has already cost me about 30 thousand.... Im a walking wreck my medical expenses over the last ten years would be well over 150k all work related due to a degenerating body and a few bad accidents at work

Posted 03 August 2016 - 10:30 AM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,627 posts

Hope it goes well if you get it done Mark - these tendon injuries are a bugger - when I was younger I was able to work out of the ones I got - not now - hands are my main hassle - just bought a pair of cycling gloves with 4mm gel but I know it's not a fix - I'll be looking at this treatment if it looks like my work is going to be afftected.

Posted 03 August 2016 - 04:41 PM

Country boy
Country boy

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationWollongong
  • Business Name:Cutting Edge Mowing

Hi Croc did you get this ortho ati thing done and how did it go?
Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:22 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,627 posts

Hi CB, funny I was just thinking about that recently - was going through my old gear and found tennis elbow braces, gel padded gloves, fingerless gel cycling gloves - all that happened when I'd just started back in the industry after many years driving a desk - all kinds of niggles and I thought my body would never harden up - well it did and today I'm pain free.

The one thing I swear by and take every day is this:-

https://www.nutralif...nt-formula-msm/

a scoop every day in my water jug - there's not many alternative treatments that I can say definitely work but for me this stuff does.

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:36 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
LAWN FORUM
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
LAWN BUSINESS ARTICLES
Lawn Mower News and Sales
INDUSTRY SUPPLIER NEWS