Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • LocationBayside Melb

Aeg 18V Tools

Just picked up the AEG 18v snipper.

First impressions are very good.

Plenty of power for reg lawns & very light weight.

$399 for machine, 2 x 6 amp/hr batts & charger.

Only time will tell on durability/reliability.

Only reservation so far is the hard, (maybe a tad brittle ?) plastic casing. Also, maybe the connection of shafts ?

So far so good, & I maybe able to get away with the standard head ?

Cheers Fred.

Posted 04 February 2019 - 05:30 PM

Rick05
Rick05

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Business Name:RGM

Aeg 18V Tools

Good work Fred hope you enjoy it like me

I am using 9ah for less battery changes haha also feels similar weight to my t230 when I change between them.

Just a tip - you can use ryobi expand it attachments on the unit but have heard aeg will be releasing there own attachments later this year
Posted 05 February 2019 - 07:34 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Southside

Aeg 18V Tools

I've checked these out at Bunnings

https://www.bunnings...n-only_p0028230

and they look the goods - rotating handle, light weight, brushless - I'm buying one for my partner to use around home and as a backup for me.

Posted 14 May 2019 - 07:51 PM

Kathryn
Kathryn

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW
  • Business Name:Brett's Mowing & Handyman Service

Aeg 18V Tools

I've checked these out at Bunnings

https://www.bunnings...n-only_p0028230

and they look the goods - rotating handle, light weight, brushless - I'm buying one for my partner to use around home and as a backup for me.

We've got one of these AEG trimmers and I LOVE using it. Does a lot of work and the heavy old petrol one rarely comes out now unless is very heavy going. Hubby was surprised when I bought it home from Bunnings. But he was getting sore shoulders and elbows from the heavy petrol pruner and I could not really lift the heavy petrol pruner to do much. Now he uses the AEG pruner 95% of the time! And I can use it easy as..Battery life is good and we have other AEG tools so just swap around the battery if we need to.

Posted 15 May 2019 - 04:03 PM

crocster
crocster

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Southside

Aeg 18V Tools

We've got one of these AEG trimmers and I LOVE using it. Does a lot of work and the heavy old petrol one rarely comes out now unless is very heavy going. Hubby was surprised when I bought it home from Bunnings. But he was getting sore shoulders and elbows from the heavy petrol pruner and I could not really lift the heavy petrol pruner to do much. Now he uses the AEG pruner 95% of the time! And I can use it easy as..Battery life is good and we have other AEG tools so just swap around the battery if we need to.

Good to hear - I was at the Bunnings Trade Show today and they have a deal where you get the Hedger, 2  x 6.0AH Force batteries and a charger for $399 so that's what I'll be going for - I've got the whipper, blower and hand tools also in this range and they're all great - I bought the Ego 56V brushless hedger but it is also quite a heavy beast to use for any length of time and overkill for many jobs.

Posted 15 May 2019 - 04:40 PM

spongy buffalo
spongy buffalo

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • LocationWestern Sydney

Aeg 18V Tools

I’ve got a stihl battery hedger plus battery extending hedger inc 2 size 300 batteries.
I consider a hedger rather than “not bad for battery hedger”. If it’s only an hour or 2 of work I don’t worry about taking the charger. I’d consider a battery as about 2 tanks of fuel, to a not full battery. I don’t ever run them towards flat. The fast charger will top them back up quick enough that you aren’t chasing a full battery if they get run down a bit.
2 thumbs up from me.

*I’ve had ego gear, haven’t had any experience with other brands.
Posted 15 May 2019 - 05:04 PM

drewebb
drewebb

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,302 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Aeg 18V Tools

Speaking of battery, I see some now have a 12 amp
Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:55 PM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales