• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
Cam07
Cam07

• Lawn Club Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello

Hello I've found this site looking for a solution to a problem I have. We are on an acre near Beaudesert SE QLD and our lawn gets watered from the pump out of the septic system. we have recently started to get a lot of stinging nettles growing up through the lawn. It's unfortunately getting to the stage that the kids don't want to go play down the back. I've tried spraying them with a broadleaf herbicide I got from the nursery but they don't seem to die off. They do seem to be worse where the sprinklers sit for a few days.
Posted 10 September 2018 - 05:11 PM

CGAHS
CGAHS

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • LocationJervis Bay NSW

Hello

good chance you're mowing it too low - most broadleaf herbicides need a follow up spray after a fortnight, spray early in the morning and get good saturation

Posted 10 September 2018 - 07:58 PM

Macka
Macka

Advanced Member

• Lawn Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Hello

Get a local lawn care contractor to have a look it could be many different things that can be done to stregthing the lawn to help chock out the thissles. 

the water is probably too rich in nutients for a lawn and also you may not be moving it often enough thissles like wet soil and high nutrients,

Keep the splinkler off the lawn area you want to use.   boad leaf wont kill it you need roundup

Posted 10 September 2018 - 11:39 PM

Cam07
Cam07

• Lawn Club Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello

I'll try that thank you
Posted 11 September 2018 - 07:26 AM

LAWN CLUB
for aussie contractors
LAWN CLUB is an independent australian lawn mowing and gardening contractors community. Our site is free to join and use for all members of the green industry,
and always will be. We are independently owned by a fellow lawn care professional, with the sole intention of LAWN CLUB that all lawn mowing contractors and
gardening contractors can learn from each other, chat with mates, & to freely ask or help each other in the running of our successful lawn care businesses.
Lawn Club community and lawn forum and business tips for lawn mowing contractors, gardening contractors, and lawn care business owners

Lawn Mowing Forum
How To Start Lawnmowing Business
Lawn Mower News and Sales